Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
By asking you to link an account? Something which is common even on Steam.

Get a psychiatrist.

Feels like this forum needs a psychiatrist considering how angry it is at people leaving negative Steam reviews.

And if people don't want to link their Steam account to a PSN account to play the game, okay, they shouldn't need to either.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Feels like this forum needs a psychiatrist considering how angry it is at people leaving negative Steam reviews.

And if people don't want to link their Steam account to a PSN account to play the game, okay, they shouldn't need to either.

Leave whatever you want on Steam.

Why bring it here? Need attention?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Hello.

I tried to sum up in the title.
I’m confused why some “gamers” tries at all cost to make narratives over something that is not a issue at?

I really can’t understand these weirdo.

Let’t out some faces here:
  • Helldivers 2 Steam page says PSN Account is required since December 1, 2023.
  • The game launched in February 8, 2024 with PSN Account requirement.
  • It was removed because the developer was having login issues across all players and to understand and isolate the issue they disabled the PSN Account login.
  • After they fixed the login issues and make sure the PSN Account login was not related to it they choose to re-enable it requirement.
  • The reason is simple… with PSN account requirement they have more power to deal cheaters and harassment without need to pass the slow process existent in Steam… they can just to what needs without deal with Steam and tickets there because they can do directly internally being way more effective with deal with shit gamers (cheaters, harassers, etc) making a better community to all gamers.
  • Plus all major big publishers on Steam requires 3rd-party account for several years already… so T is a common practice.
After understand these points you can draw some weird vocal social “people” doing everything to make it an issue that doesn’t exists.

I wonder what the reason behind that? And I really can’t find any other reason except the already dated and incomprehensible “Evil Sony hate”.

Bonus side.

Even with a increase in bad reviewers in Steam the CCU is unaffected… in fact it seems to even be growing.

Feels like the same weird “issues” some people tried to create over Hogwats Legacy… so we all know how it ended.

Actual Helldivers 2 players seems to had not even read about these made up “issues” at all and continue to enjoy the game.

Why these hates can do the same? I mean… be happy enjoy the game… it is really a great game.

Why PlayStation having great games huts so much some vocal people on social media?

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
People lying that creating PSN accounts choosing any country is illegal lol

The more you see the more lies you find.

It is totally fine to create PSN accounts in countries you don’t live.

GMuvSi7bwAAmsHo

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
OK ppl we have seen about 5 different threads about the Helldivers acct link or linking in general and policy and have merged a few. Whether you are for it or against it can live in one of the several threads.

Also some of you need to tone things down. We don't want to thread ban but will if necessary.

@ethomaz you have valid points and I have added it to the OP as well.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
So Sony might bend the knee? Which means they’ll have to do the same with Ghost of Tsushima, Concord, and any other multiplayer PC game…. Throwing their entire plan of inflating MAUs out the window 😂

It’s a lose, lose situation, great job Sony, amazing foresight as always.

They will soon realize the the PC userbase is wildly different from their console customers. Kind of like dating a crazy THOT. Is the reputational damage to the brand worth it?

Reactions: Umar and JAHGamer
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
If something is free, you are the product. The more info you give away, the more money the company makes. Do you see a cut of that money? No.

I don't use windows or, when I did, sign in to a windows account.

I wouldn't/won't buy a quest because it wants a Facebook log in, which I don't have, because Facebook makes money from me, none of which I see. Unfortunately, not all data can be avoided been given away, but I avoid It where I can.

Don't reply to me after this as I'm done with the subject until next time. If you think this is not a big deal, then that's ok take "120 seconds" to sign up for an account and I hope you continue to enjoy your game.
Remember that death comes in a thousand cuts and the frog boils slowly.
Microsoft make it mandatory now to sign in to a Microsoft account to set up windows lol

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
So Sony might bend the knee? Which means they’ll have to do the same with Ghost of Tsushima, Concord, and any other multiplayer PC game…. Throwing their entire plan of inflating MAUs out the window 😂

It’s a lose, lose situation, great job Sony, amazing foresight as always.
The ghost of Tsushima situation is different. You only need a PSN to play the online game modes. And it is mandatory to play. You cannot play online, from the get go, without one. So it's a lot different.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
People lying that creating PSN accounts choosing any country is illegal lol

The more you see the more lies you find.

It is totally fine to create PSN accounts in countries you don’t live.

GMuvSi7bwAAmsHo
This is an automated 1:1 response that means nothing.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024

The thing nobody is asking is: Why are all those console players mad?

it's a PC problem, it doesn't impact you or affect you. If people want to leave negative reviews, they are free to do so. I had no idea how insane Sony fanboys are before joing this website, good grief.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

it's a PC problem, it doesn't impact you or affect you. If people want to leave negative reviews, they are free to do so. I had no idea how insane Sony fanboys are before joing this website, good grief.

You brought this nonsense here.

It’s a public forum where most posters are console gamers.

What did you expect? Sympathy?

Do whatever the hell you want on Steam or elsewhere.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Fans are fans the same as everywhere else so please don't go there. Pick your website and I can show you the zealots. Some ppl here care, others don't but they all have valid points. For me linking is more of an inconvenience and annoyance but I don't really care and have done it before but I understand others views.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and Yuniac

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I've been away for a while, and coming back to this is certainly unpleasant.

I'm looking at an unusually high amount of vitriol, entitlement and arrogance. But what really gets me angry is people spreading lies.

I suggest people stop it, before I take action.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
You brought this nonsense here.

It’s a public forum where most posters are console gamers.

What did you expect? Sympathy?

Do whatever the hell you want on Steam or elsewhere.
I didn't know Icon-era is PS5 exclusive website.

Yes, zealots are on every website. but you are acting like people negatively reviewing a game on Steam or having their different opinions impact you personally or your gaming experience on console.

And no, I don't want empathy. There's nothing to give empathy for.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I didn't know Icon-era is PS5 exclusive website.

Yes, zealots are on every website. but you are acting like people negatively reviewing a game on Steam or having their different opinions impact you personally or your gaming experience on console.

And no, I don't want empathy. There's nothing to give empathy for.

Its not PS5 exclusive website.

It’s a public forum with different views to yours.

Isn’t that obvious?

Talking about impact, we aren’t just console gamers. Many of us play on PC too.

Anyway how does it impact you? You don’t even own the game.

Reactions: rofif

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Yeah good job arrowhead bite the hand that fed you for 8 years, lesson learnt for sony is to never give a no name puny studio money because if they make a somewhat popular game they will throw you under the bus

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer