Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I didn't know Icon-era is PS5 exclusive website.

Yes, zealots are on every website. but you are acting like people negatively reviewing a game on Steam or having their different opinions impact you personally or your gaming experience on console.

And no, I don't want empathy. There's nothing to give empathy for.
I have every right to hate on pc gaming all I want lol.
600 steam games, 100 gog games and then a ton of physical pc games from magazines and so on I collected over the years. not to mention pirate years as a kid lol.

noDPCuO.png

I am a pc gamer since like 1997 and I grew to hate pc communities recently. All the pcmr stuff, expensive pricing. buggy games. All makes me feel like a fool.
And that 22 hours in 3dmark ?! Lol that's nothing compared to previous versions.

So I know I am mostly a PS fanboy nowadays and I certainly do come up as one but that doesn't mean that me and other don't come from a place of experience on this topic.
edit: tl;dr PS earned my "fanboy" status. Just a happy customer

Last edited:

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Most people here are PlayStation fans yes, but don't worry on sharing your other console preferences,

Yes, zealots are on every website. but you are acting like people negatively reviewing a game on Steam or having their different opinions impact you personally or your gaming experience on console.

And no, I don't want empathy. There's nothing to give empathy for.

By what i've seen, most people are on the side of PC players:

In the UK you have to do facial recognition or upload an ID for a PSN account.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/account/age-verification-faq/#id

Also a lot of countries that the game was sold doesn't have PSN and they can and will lock your account/access to the game if you lie about the country that you are registered.

In another note, if this rule was enforced since day one this whole debacle wouldn't have happend.

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Most people here are PlayStation fans yes, but don't worry on sharing your other console preferences,

By what i've seen, most people are on the side of PC players:

In another note, if this rule wasnt enforced since day one this whole debacle wouldn't have happend.

It was enforced on day 1 but removed after because of the server issues. Again, my friend couldn't play until he recativatdd his PSN and linked it to his Steam account, triggering his PTSD to which to this day he hasn't recovered.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
In another note, if this rule was enforced since day one this whole debacle wouldn't have happend.
It was enforced since day one and disabled due the server issues to try to find what was happened.

For like a hour you could only play Helldivers 2 if you had a PSN account… of course if you where luck to log in due the server issues.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This is getting astroturfed to hell. And there's no fixing it now. Even if they go back on the requirement, the damage is done. You'd think that with all the shills and astroturfers MS pays for, someone at Sony would think really carefully about these PR stunts. Apparently not.

Last edited:

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
It was enforced since day one and disabled due the server issues to try to find what was happened.

For like a hour you could only play Helldivers 2 if you had a PSN account… of course if you where luck to log in due the server issues.
Do you even know what the word 'enforced' means?

24 Jun 2022
This is getting astroturfed to hell. And there's no fixing it now. Even if they go back on the requirement, the damage is done. You;d think that with all the shills and astroturfers MS pays for, someone at Sony would think really carefully about these PR stunts. Apparently not.

At this point it's just looking like self-sabotage. I'd like to know what specific investors & shareholders Sony Corp and Microsoft have in common, or previous Xbox suits that've joined SIE.

Also kind of known that Kenichiro Yoshida and Satya Nadella are "good pals". Just too much cross-pollination funk for all of SIE's missteps the past couple of years to be coincidences. But even if such a crazy theory doesn't bear fruit, at the very least they seem to have stopped caring about good brand optics with the enthusiast press, public and their fanbase.

Sad to see the rot, but it is 100% there.

Reactions: Puff

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
At this point it's just looking like self-sabotage. I'd like to know what specific investors & shareholders Sony Corp and Microsoft have in common, or previous Xbox suits that've joined SIE.

Also kind of known that Kenichiro Yoshida and Satya Nadella are "good pals". Just too much cross-pollination funk for all of SIE's missteps the past couple of years to be coincidences. But even if such a crazy theory doesn't bear fruit, at the very least they seem to have stopped caring about good brand optics with the enthusiast press, public and their fanbase.

Sad to see the rot, but it is 100% there.

MS-Exec-NadellaSony-CEO-Kenichiro-Yoshida-013-low-res-1024x683-630x420.jpg

Since then, everything has changed, one PR disaster after another.

It’s a curse at this point :confused:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You're right it's not that complicated but you lameasses are so devoid of intelligence, linking an account is too complicated.

What online games are you even playing on PC that doesn't ask any kind of account?
Screw controversy again. Cesspool on xbox and PC. period.

Redfall didn't provide for the customers who paid money, where is articles and review bombing? oh, yeah, it is not Sony game.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It's a minor inconvenience. But Sony communicated poorly and also they should have PSN in way more countries to avoid users jumping through hoops. Specially those new to the platform. Wouldn't surprise me if some players believe that creating an account isn't free.

Their cloud service was released like a decade ago and it's still only in a handful of countries so they sure as hell are slow.

If they want to venture outside the safe walled gardens of their console they will have to continue learning about how to operate and communicate with other audiences.

Also... lots of venting out and bad blood vs PC players for some reason lately, now more vocal and obvious that ever. Those ports sure do hurt. Whole slate baby!! It ain't stoppin so ps players and PC players will have to get together.

Reactions: Zzero

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Arrowhead is in talks with Sony

Sony should back pedal PSN requirements for PC games in general if they do people will over exaggerate PSN requirement in future game with the “HD2 back pedal Sony will back pedal for other games” bad president

All Sony has to do is when creating a PSN there’s a (Others) option when selecting country.

Sony back pedal you will see the same complaints with Concord, Fairgames, Marathon, Destiny 3. Destiny 2 currently doesn’t have a PSN requirement fully expect them to add it mandatory to play Destiny 2 in the future. Games like Minecraft didn’t require a MS account & after acquiring them they had it mandatory (from what I know) to play Minecraft in the future. This is something new Forntie, Apex & COD had this added later and in the future.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
So Sony might bend the knee? Which means they’ll have to do the same with Ghost of Tsushima, Concord, and any other multiplayer PC game…. Throwing their entire plan of inflating MAUs out the window 😂

It’s a lose, lose situation, great job Sony, amazing foresight as always.
All Sony has to do is give a (other) option when selecting country’s so no one bypass or can cry that there country isn’t selected.

Sony bending the knee will just create more problems in the future when they release Fairgames, Concord & Marathon. People will say why is this game mandatory when other people isn’t & people will find ways to bypass by buying the game in a country not selected to bypass PSN. These people aren’t mad because a certain country isn’t an option to create a PSN these people are mad because they don’t want to create a PSN account & fluff up PCplayers as PS players for shareholders .

Sony is weak, there a former shadow of themselves & a embarrassment compared to how Nintendo moves

Last edited: