Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
I think it’s because the game was having launch issues in the beginning. So they wanted Arrowhead to focus on fixing the game’s issues, then put the login feature later.
yes that is what happened, but why did they continue to sell in regions they KNOW they do not support? Just to delist 125 countries right after the announcement?

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
I think it’s because the game was having launch issues in the beginning. So they wanted Arrowhead to focus on fixing the game’s issues, then put the login feature later.
Yes, you are right. But that cannot be an excuse to take people's money then later on tell them you live in X or Y country and you cannot make an account. Inb4: "Dude, just use VPN and make it". It's against their TOS, they can nuke your account in the future, why should PC players put with all that, why?? We chose Steam, we don't have to sign up for anything else.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Actman's a moron, with zero creativity. Just makes videos about what people want to hear. They don;t call him shillman for nothing.

Guy was jacking Halo off until the general community started shitting on it, after which he changed his tune. Zero credibility, decency or integrity.
Sure. But he also drives a lot of casual sentiment. Many content creators are jumping on this story and because it's the weekend Sony won't respond for at least a day. It's going to permanently damage their reputation for months if not years. People still hold the PS3 hack against them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Down more than 40k from last Saturday’s peak concurrent. At this rate it’ll drop to sub 100k by Monday.

Those saying it’s unaffected player numbers are … wrong. This is on top of the natural player base dip from launch hype ending.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
How mighty nice of you to call people who bought the game legally, fair, and square: "leeches".

Yeah and asking for a refund after 100+ hours and 3 months, even when the store states that it requires a PSN account linking, which is 100% free. You know why? Because some are even going out of their way now and selling suits for real money outside the superstores just like FIFA/FC games, linking to PSN won't have that wiggle room for such bullshit and their cheat codes and hate speech. So yeah, leeches are way more respectful in comparison. It's just a complete PS/Sony hate because they were treating the game as a PC game from the start, not a Sony game. They have no fucking problem with MS (Xbox), Square Enix, Ubisoft, EA, etc. It's the same garbage of complaining about Epic Store when the game isn't available on Steam that doesn't have Gabe's sweat and cum slapped on it, while Epic store being a free launcher.

PC gamers can fuck off with their agendas and Sony would be too stupid to listen to those freaks.

Last edited:
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Yes, you are right. But that cannot be an excuse to take people's money then later on tell them you live in X or Y country and you cannot make an account. Inb4: "Dude, just use VPN and make it". It's against their TOS, they can nuke your account in the future, why should PC players put with all that, why?? We chose Steam, we don't have to sign up for anything else.

Oh wow I don't see the PC crowd so worried when they steal games and give it a cool name "PiRaCy". I have a US account since 10 years now and no issue, because I don't post shit like on the official PS store saying that Japan needs another nuke because Sony asks for a usual act of linking accounts like most other publishers so they can be nimble with filthy cheaters instead of waiting for crappy Valve to respond.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Bullshit. They didn’t change any contract. It was a Q and A.
I'll post the image later
Just cause you could skip doesn’t mean it wasn’t mandatory
That's the literal definition of not mandatory
Are you talking about the outdated FAQ on PSN website? That was not on Steam or in the game.

Valve is not required to refund for something outside their store and that customers never saw anywhere.

Valve will refund anything that meets their refund policy. Valve, and to an extent Arrowhead, shouldn't have to janny up after Sony has taken a shit on their rug.

Lol, calm down. Imagine getting this mad over a post. Touch grass
Ghost Of Tsushima and Spiderman 2 are SP games. Mind you, there was a thread here few days ago about Tsushima Legends where it says PSN WILL BE MANDATORY.
Not mandatory to play single player.
Also, from day 1 Helldivers 2 literally had on the wall : PSN required!!
Given that it was clearly written at the start that the game would require a PSN account, the people could check based on that and buy or not buy the game... people DON'T READ what is written on Steam and then get surprised when "complications" occur. How transparent from PC gamers
I'll post the image later when I'm at my PC. Sony literally changed it from not required to required.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
31gFhyK.png

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Not mandatory to play single player.

No shit. I've said this : Ghost Of Tsushima and Spiderman 2 are SP games. Mind you, there was a thread here few days ago about Tsushima Legends where it says PSN WILL BE MANDATORY.
Lol, calm down. Imagine getting this mad over a post. Touch grass

Stop spewing nonsense and touch grass.

Spiderman 2 is optional
GoT will be optional
Why is HD2 mandatory? We all know why.

Ignoring a Tsushima Legends mandatory PSN.

I'll post the image later when I'm at my PC. Sony literally changed it from not required to required.

No. It was required day 1 EVEN FROM THE TRAILER before release :

dinMDA2.png

And on Steam page

kRYXmgn.png

Last edited:

Exicide

2 Feb 2024
"I am doing everything I can to speak for the community", the same community that hates Sony with a passion and constantly spreads FUD about PlayStation? These guys don't want any real resolution, they just want to stick it to the man 😂 That's how these PC dolts operate.
I love how nonsensical this take is, what makes you think that in the first place? Do you live in an echo chamber so you only see Sony hate or something? I know several people who are hyped for Ghost of Tsushima, what FUD about PlayStation could you ever be talking about this time?

Is it the delisting the game from 125 countries that already legally bought the game and played because the linking was optional for a time?

Is it the knowingly selling the game in those countries they don't support just to force the linking afterwards?

Is it the barrier of creation in some countries not being reasonable (in Ukraine, Sony forces you to have a PS4/5 first to make an account,) or outright impossible in some others?

or is it effectively scamming hundreds of thousands of people with this fiasco to where Steam is forcing refunds due to Sony's incompetence regarding the whole situation?

Because all those points are true, not FUD. You lot talk about accountability from Xbox fanboys, where's the same energy for a platform you love?

Reactions: Yuniac

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
No shit. I've said this : Ghost Of Tsushima and Spiderman 2 are SP games. Mind you, there was a thread here few days ago about Tsushima Legends where it says PSN WILL BE MANDATORY.
Single player will not be mandatory, multiplayer will. GoT is a single player game. GoT Devs have given plenty of heads up before people have bought the game.

Did you go to clown college to be this dumb, or is it a natural ability?
Stop spewing nonsense and touch grass.

Billy Crystal Crying GIF by MOODMAN

Ignoring a Tsushima Legends mandatory PSN.
princess bride Theatre & Musicals GIF

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Single player will not be mandatory, multiplayer will. GoT is a single player game. GoT Devs have given plenty of heads up before people have bought the game.

Have you read what i've said in previous post?

Ghost Of Tsushima and Spiderman 2 are SP games. Mind you, there was a thread here few days ago about Tsushima Legends where it says PSN WILL BE MANDATORY.

Did you go to clown college to be this dumb, or is it a natural ability?

@Gamernyc78 please

That's FAQ for PSN. Show it for Helldivers 2 STRICTLY. Nice try

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
After you opened your original message with STFU? Lol, hell no am I taking you seriously or entertaining your emotional drivel. Keep raging, brother.
Imagine "mods halp" after telling the same poster to STFU

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

The same PSN that you have to sign in to to play the game. That PSN?

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Dude, you make it sound like Sony is doing us a service or a favor.

They have a business to run, they bring their products to PC to sell them.
They are doing steam a favor and pc gamers.

What they should be doing is treating steam like they did Nintendo and Xbox.

Cut as many exclusive deals as possible and buy key publishers and crush steam.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024

@Gamernyc78 please

Calling mods now? I have been called all sorts of insults and labels ever joining this website by you PS fans. Don't need mods to respect each other, just don't insult people.

Edit: Oh yeah, funny, you just told them to "STFU" a few messages ago, LOL.