Helldivers dev on why it will never have PvP "To reduce toxic elements"

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Weird but I get it. Would give the game some extra lifespan, variety etc. Even though Im not much of a PVP player.

More time to make raids then

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Weird but I get it. Would give the game some extra lifespan, variety etc. Even though Im not much of a PVP player.

More time to make raids then
Yeah and I don't think this game will lack lifespan as the loop although repetitive is fun as hell and so dynamic. They can add so many different things to PvE.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I remember playing the first Hell Divers; we were a few missions in when some guy came (level 30 if I recall) into our game and killed our entire party in seconds.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I remember playing the first Hell Divers; we were a few missions in when some guy came (level 30 if I recall) into our game and killed our entire party in seconds.
I loved going on revenge hunts in RDR, after me and my friends would get killed.
Man TLOU factions 2 would of been awesome ( for me anyway )

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I loved going on revenge hunts in RDR, after me and my friends would get killed.
Man TLOU factions 2 would of been awesome ( for me anyway )
Yep, the same thing happened with @Gamernyc78, I invaded his game in Elden Ring, and he was like, max level and decked out in all this fancy gear and shit, max runes, bla, bla, I was. level one and new to the game, I fucking slaughtered him on the spot.

He was mesmerised by my skill

Next thing I know he has put me on ignore and stopped talking to me for like 3 months.

queen text GIF

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yep, the same thing happened with @Gamernyc78, I invaded his game in Elden Ring, and he was like, max level and decked out in all this fancy gear and shit, max runes, bla, bla, I was. level one and new to the game, I fucking slaughtered him on the spot.

Next thing I know he has put me on ignore and stopped talking to me for like 3 months.

queen text GIF
You wish. BTW Helldivers can be even more toxic because there is friendly fire and if ppl wanted to troll for real they could nuke everyone off the screen.

• brain

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You wish. BTW Helldivers can be even more toxic because there is friendly fire and if ppl wanted to troll for real they could nuke everyone off the screen.
It will happen a lot; when people are maxed out and have all the gear, they will start greaving.

I am not proud of it, but I remember in World of warcraft running around the jungle of stranglethorn killing level 30 players with my druid, my druid was like 80.

I killed thousands of the fuckers over time.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It will happen a lot; when people are maxed out and have all the gear, they will start greaving.

I am not proud of it, but I remember in World of warcraft running around the jungle of stranglethorn killing level 30 players with my druid, my druid was like 80.

Im reporting you biatchhhhhh

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m fine with them not diverting resources to building a pvp game into it. I’d be curious to see how the gunplay works against other players etc and the sway cones tho. Focus on what the game is and see what players want as we go. It’s live now… anything goes.

It does seem like a natural fit tbh. And there’s no third person arena shooter that anyone plays (that isn’t also a battle royale). A bunch of game types would feel natural in this setting and with this tech.

Division tried man but it also didn’t play that fun due to… cover shooter.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Lmao, level 80, that was in Wrath of the Lich King if your memory is correct.
You were def one shotting those level 30s, absolutely degeneracy. Feral or Balance/Resto?
That's important because nothing was more humiliating in early WoW PvP than getting moonfired to death(beside drowning in world PvP because you got CC'd deep enough).

I’m fine with them not diverting resources to building a pvp game into it. I’d be curious to see how the gunplay works against other players etc and the sway cones tho. Focus on what the game is and see what players want as we go. It’s live now… anything goes tho. It does seem like a natural fit tbh. And there’s no third person arena shooter that anyone plays (that isn’t also a battle royale).

Never being in quotes might mean that it's not an impossibility? But yeah, it seems like even if it happens, it won't be for years. Makes sense, priority should be to enhance the strength of the game and why people would play it.
Division tried man but it also didn’t play that fun due to… cover shooter.

Division 1 man that was such a comfy game, the snowy atmosphere is something else.
Massive engine is great from a rendering perspective but the combination of the art direction in that game just elevated the vibes.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Div 1 tried a lot of things that were great and ahead of its time. Darkness Zones made the game an extraction shooter and even there basic PvP modes were fine. I tried playing PvP for a bit but it was just sloppy and clumsy.

Kinda why I’m not hating on the idea of Heartlands at all. But it’s still nowhere to be seen.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

queen text GIF
As much as I like Gamernyc, Man I wish this was true just for lols.

My friend would try and do stuff like this in PSO back in the day, with hacks. RSODS or something, to take our gear lol.

There can be only one!!!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Lmao, level 80, that was in Wrath of the Lich King if your memory is correct.
You were def one shotting those level 30s, absolutely degeneracy. Feral or Balance/Resto?
That's important because nothing was more humiliating in early WoW PvP than getting moonfired to death(beside drowning in world PvP because you got CC'd deep enough).

Never being in quotes might mean that it's not an impossibility? But yeah, it seems like even if it happens, it won't be for years. Makes sense, priority should be to enhance the strength of the game and why people would play it.

Division 1 man that was such a comfy game, the snowy atmosphere is something else.
Massive engine is great from a rendering perspective but the combination of the art direction in that game just elevated the vibes.
I think it was one mangle on my feral kitty, and I would basically one-shot people; it was great, I used to do it so often they used to log back on their mains, sometimes had dozens of people searching for me, used to hide in stealth, wait for them to log back on their low-level characters and boom do it all over again lol.

People used to make level 1 alts on the orc side to message me and rage at me lol

I was a bastard:[