Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I accidentally killed my team mates with mines and an orbital strike, ended up getting kicked from the lobby after the match lol
Noooooo lol 😂😂 some ppl can be so anal. Thts naturally going to happen during the game and it's not intentional

@Bo_Hazem killed me yesterday about ten times with his mines. Those mines are dangerous.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If you don't think people in multiplayer can be toxic you need to go try playing a MOBA.

These game where you need to cooperate with some people while competing bring out the worst in people.

It's very different from an actual team sport because the person talking shit doesn't fear getting punched in the face.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
If you don't think people in multiplayer can be toxic you need to go try playing a MOBA.

These game where you need to cooperate with some people while competing bring out the worst in people.

It's very different from an actual team sport because the person talking shit doesn't fear getting punched in the face.
Thnkfully so far Helldivers has been good so far. People understand tht friendly fire happens generally (it's part of the games allure) and I have been mic'd up and heard no nonsense from online gangstas and what not. To totally diff exp to when I play COD 😂

Last edited:

Sunrise Ninja

Banned
5 Feb 2024
If you don't think people in multiplayer can be toxic you need to go try having a job

These jobs where you need to cooperate with some people while competing bring out the worst in people.

tenor.gif

Too much low testosterone men in the world today, always complaining always bitching.

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw and Bo_Hazem

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They could change the game in real time and even new stuff on the fly to see the first time ever. Network side stuff like that has become a major part of live games. You want it to feel live too. Very cool

• fire
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
I’m fine with them not diverting resources to building a pvp game into it. I’d be curious to see how the gunplay works against other players etc and the sway cones tho. Focus on what the game is and see what players want as we go. It’s live now… anything goes.

It does seem like a natural fit tbh. And there’s no third person arena shooter that anyone plays (that isn’t also a battle royale). A bunch of game types would feel natural in this setting and with this tech.

Division tried man but it also didn’t play that fun due to… cover shooter.

It would be a great PvP if one team is humans and the other is the bugs/automatons. Just like Prey.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It would be a great PvP if one team is humans and the other is the bugs/automatons. Just like Prey.

The multiple team raids could act as a foundation for the PvPvE format anyway. Raids do not mean the same thing across any online game btw.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Match starts

Call orbital stratagem on their ass

Bye Bitch 👋

Players don't have enough HP for PVP. You would die in 2 seconds. They can add modes like capture the flag and other "fun" modes tho.

Noooooo lol 😂😂 some ppl can be so anal. Thts naturally going to happen during the game and it's not intentional
I feel bad when I shoot my teammates but there's no penalty for death so it's just part of the fun 🤷‍♂️

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I’m fine with them not diverting resources to building a pvp game into it. I’d be curious to see how the gunplay works against other players etc and the sway cones tho. Focus on what the game is and see what players want as we go. It’s live now… anything goes.

It does seem like a natural fit tbh. And there’s no third person arena shooter that anyone plays (that isn’t also a battle royale). A bunch of game types would feel natural in this setting and with this tech.

Division tried man but it also didn’t play that fun due to… cover shooter.
Well, we have to remember Sony also has other games that will be focused on PvP like Concord, Marathon or Fairgame$.

I think it's better for Sony to differentiate their shooters as much as possible, focusing the efforts of each one on a specific shooter type.

In this case, I'd keep Helldivers 2 as a coop focused TPS game that can also be played solo.

Fairgame$ a team based semi-open world PvPvE where you plan and execute heists.

I think Concord may be their Halo meets CoD FPS game.

Then Marathon a lore rich PvP FPS extraction shooter.

And then in the future they'd move from Destiny 2 to Destiny 3.

My only worry is the experience for people who prefer single player, since outside Helldivers 2 and -I assume the potential Destiny 3- I don't know if the other shooters will feature meaty solo player friendly stuff, like a good SP story campaign, even if it's short like in a CoD game. I miss campaigns like in Killzone or Halo and I'd love to see Sony putting them on these games specially considering their narrative AAA skills.
Players don't have enough HP for PVP. You would die in 2 seconds. They can add modes like capture the flag and other "fun" modes tho.

I feel bad when I shoot my teammates but there's no penalty for death so it's just part of the fun 🤷‍♂️
Some missions (maybe it's the difficulty level) have a limited number of respawns.

Regarding flags, there's a 'propaganda' mission type (not PvP) where you have to put Super Earth flags in certain positions. The flag raises very slowly from the ground and you have to keep the position until raised.

While doing so it sounds the catchiest music of the game that doesn't appear anywhere else. My favorite track of the aawesome OST.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They can tweak the game to be PvP... Just make it objective based with different teams completing objectives against the clock or point based.

They don't even have to be on the same side of the maps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They can tweak the game to be PvP... Just make it objective based with different teams completing objectives against the clock or point based.

They don't even have to be on the same side of the maps.
I like the idea of not all having to go to same objective and parsing tht out.