Publisher: Bethesda Softworks

Review Agregator:

OpenCritic: 91/100 - 100% Recommended

hTMZNrH.jpg

MetaCritic: 88/100 | 9.3/10.0 User Score

s6Dh4Vk.jpg

Critic Reviews:

AltChar - Semir Omerovic - 100 / 100

Hi-Fi Rush has pretty much everything that makes a video game fun and even more importantly it's not trying to be overly precise and challenging like many other rhythm-based games. It's a complete package that hits the right notes over and over again, proving that big publishers should just let developers create games they really want to create.

Attack of the Fanboy - Noah Nelson - Unscored
Hi-Fi Rush is a bundle of joy so far. I can’t stop tapping my foot while playing it, I genuinely laugh out loud at the jokes, and I’m interested to see where the gameplay and story go next. While you wait for our full review to come out, know that we recommend playing Hi-Fi Rush, especially since it is free to Game Pass subscribers.

Kakuchopurei - Jonathan Leo - 80 / 100
Hi-Fi Rush is clearly one of 2023's most pleasant gaming surprises, as well as a respectful nod to the glorious 2000-era of action titles where you just want to have pure unadulterated fun with simple mechanics to comprehend.

Life is Xbox - Dae Jim - Unscored
It came out of nowhere but this is an incredible high quality game with memorable characters, unique rhythm gameplay, nice visuals and a fantastic soundtrack.

Polygon - Diego Nicolás Argüello - Unscored
The shadow drop was novel in and of itself, but the game is a triumph. The gorgeous animations and Jet Set Radio-esque art style are vivid and arresting. The array of tutorials, visual aids, and clever mechanics makes the rhythm aspects approachable to genre newcomers. And the vibrant, positive energy is present in every beat, keeping you tapping your feet as you take down a corporation built on a lack of vision. Hi-Fi Rush is a cathartic anthem that arrived at the perfect time.

VGC - Jordan Middler - 4 / 5
Hi-Fi Rush is oozing with style and confidence, but like a messy first album, there are some deep cut tracks that don’t hit as hard as the opening few hits. What can’t be denied, however, is how excited we are for the sophomore effort, and the seemingly limitless versatility that Tango Gameworks have shown off in this bold, out-of-nowhere joy.

WayTooManyGames - Leonardo Faria - 9.5 / 10
My complaints are very minute. I simply loved Hi-Fi Rush. I just wasn’t expecting for such a banger to drop without any buildup, coming from such a talented team, right at the beginning of the year. It’s a magnificent mixture of tons of games from the mid-2000s, resulting in a unique combination of gameplay styles, sense of humor and visuals that easily stands out from the rest of Microsoft’s current exclusives.

XboxEra - Jesse Norris - 9.5 / 10
Hi-Fi RUSH came out of nowhere and floored me. It is one of my favorite-looking games, maybe ever. The combat is sublime, the story is great, and the music just works. Tango Gameworks has shifted from making ok to good horror games and created one of my favorite action platformers of all time.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Great solid game, now they can hopefully get back to making The Proper Stuff

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Keeping bethesda management in place instead of making them report to phil or matt booty was the right choice.
Bethesda produce, because their results lie down on their own shoulders, so they Must to perform, while xbox had huge sugar daddy and performance wasn't required. When you have a burden you ain't fucking around.
They are owned over 1.5 years. Give m$ time 😂

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Four if you include the Ghostwire Tokyo port.

True, true.

I expect it to be announced and released in a week to 10 days gap just like Deathloop. Probably gonna land on PS+ the same time just like Deathloop as well.

Poor game's still been held hostage behind enemy lines for a few more weeks.

P

peter42O

True, true.

I expect it to be announced and released in a week to 10 days gap just like Deathloop. Probably gonna land on PS+ the same time just like Deathloop as well.

Poor game's still been held hostage behind enemy lines for a few more weeks.

Yeah. Late March/early April is my guess.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
solid AA indie, congrats.

I actually refunded my $1 gamepass trial just because this game's rythym combat was extremely frustrating.

Seems like Tango just isn't for me. Ghostwire was awful, TEW 1 and 2 were janky 7/10's, and this just didn't hit for me.

Maybe i'll give it another chance when it goes multiplatform (yes i know MS owns tango, but i still feel the game will get ported later down the line).

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: adamsapple

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yep, it's getting great reviews critically so far as well as overwhelmingly positive user reviews.

Genuine hit on our hands,w e have.

It’ll be a hit if it actually makes a strong debut on XBL charts. As of yet it has not made the top 50. We should know by Tuesday/Wednesday. It could still flop. Chart placement matters here when it generates 0$ in revenue…

Monster Hunter Rise however. Smashes its way into the top 10 instantly. Persona ports flopped big time.