Hideo Kojima HideoTube2024 50-min. program with details on DS2 and Physint |UP| Summary of video added, lots of new details. Was captured on PS5.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Also...

Death Stranding 2 actor says he has "no clue" what to expect from the sequel, because Kojima won't tell him until recording starts​

Video summary added...

New Death Stranding 2 info: the graphics will improve even more, trailer was captured on PS5, roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.​

News & Announcements
• State of Play trailer was captured on PS5. Kojima thinks the graphics will improve even more.
• Production timeline: "The assets are ready we just need to construct them." Japanese audio dubbing will begin this year for release in 2025.
• Sam can now remove his backpack for lighter movement and combat.
• Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.
• Ship is called the Magellan. It serves as a moving base that accompanies Sam on deliveries. It can also go underground.
• When Sam connects to the Chiral Network, the ship can move freely to those areas. You can also call it to you.
• Game is on a different continent outside of America, where Sam has gone to connect the Chiral Network.
• Fragile starts a new group called Drawbridge to connect regions outside the UCA. She is their leader and "no longer her weak self from the past."
• A private entity has to go setup the network because If the UCA goes it can be regarded as an invasion.
• The 'Second Hand' that Fragile has will be a big part of the game
• The model for the puppet is Faith Akin, a German director. You'll travel with him by your side and can converse with him on deliveries.
• "Why he became that way, you'll learn as you play the game."
• The cat on George Miller's shoulder is inspired by Captain Harlock
• "Lots of vehicles"
• Elle Fanning's character is 'mysterious', could be friend or foe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I want to get a PS5 Pro for Death Stranding 2. Probably the first next-gen game for me.

Physint vs Metal Gear

OD vs Silent Hill

While one is trying to do new things. Konami is still in the same place.
Yeah ima get a pro no matter what but this definitely will look glorious on it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

New Death Stranding 2 info: the graphics will improve even more, trailer was captured on PS5, roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.​

News & Announcements
• State of Play trailer was captured on PS5. Kojima thinks the graphics will improve even more.
• Production timeline: "The assets are ready we just need to construct them." Japanese audio dubbing will begin this year for release in 2025.
• Sam can now remove his backpack for lighter movement and combat.
• Realtime terrain deformation is in the game. Roads can be cut off via earthquakes, forest fires, floods, etc.
• Ship is called the Magellan. It serves as a moving base that accompanies Sam on deliveries. It can also go underground.
• When Sam connects to the Chiral Network, the ship can move freely to those areas. You can also call it to you.
• Game is on a different continent outside of America, where Sam has gone to connect the Chiral Network.
• Fragile starts a new group called Drawbridge to connect regions outside the UCA. She is their leader and "no longer her weak self from the past."
• A private entity has to go setup the network because If the UCA goes it can be regarded as an invasion.
• The 'Second Hand' that Fragile has will be a big part of the game
• The model for the puppet is Faith Akin, a German director. You'll travel with him by your side and can converse with him on deliveries.
• "Why he became that way, you'll learn as you play the game."
• The cat on George Miller's shoulder is inspired by Captain Harlock
• "Lots of vehicles"
• Elle Fanning's character is 'mysterious', could be friend or foe.

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
I replayed Death Stranding recently after not touching it since it first came out. I liked it a lot when I first played it, but the replay made me like it even more. It's the kind of game that feels like it was made without concern over budget. Kojima got a blank check to make something new and interesting, and did so in a surprisingly reasonable amount of time. I hope Death Stranding 2 kicks everything up a notch. More weirdness. More cool tech. Yes, even more walking.

As for Physint, I look forward to how he tackles his own take on an MGS successor. The fact that he decided to make it after nearly dying of illness says to me that it's gonna be a very personal project.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I replayed Death Stranding recently after not touching it since it first came out. I liked it a lot when I first played it, but the replay made me like it even more. It's the kind of game that feels like it was made without concern over budget. Kojima got a blank check to make something new and interesting, and did so in a surprisingly reasonable amount of time. I hope Death Stranding 2 kicks everything up a notch. More weirdness. More cool tech. Yes, even more walking.

As for Physint, I look forward to how he tackles his own take on an MGS successor. The fact that he decided to make it after nearly dying of illness says to me that it's gonna be a very personal project.
I have to revisit it as I felt it was meh.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Hideo Kojima said his new action-espionage game Physint will have "near life-like graphics” and that "it will be both a game and a movie at the same time

In the new video, Kojima again bigged up Physint’s visuals. “It will be both a game and a movie at the same time,” he said. “That’s why we were at Sony Pictures. A new action-espionage game. Of course, it will be a game. However, if your mother walks in and sees you playing this game, she’ll think you’re watching a movie. I’m not sure how far we can take it yet.”

Reactions: Kokoloko

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
The power of being able to optimize to a single piece of hardware. That has been so far the best looking game I've seen.
If I'm not mistaken, this is being built on the Decima Engine as well. So, while they really are focusing on the PS5 port right now, I'm not sure how hardware specific can those optimizations be.

Kojima Productions are just exceptionally talented.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Yes Id love to have more of everything. I loved the game.

I only wish the gunplay was a bit smoother, which would make the boss battles smoother too. Where MGS5 had perfect controls and gunplay, DS was a bit fiddly and I guess it makes sense because of the gear.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yes Id love to have more of everything. I loved the game.

I only wish the gunplay was a bit smoother, which would make the boss battles smoother too. Where MGS5 had perfect controls and gunplay, DS was a bit fiddly and I guess it makes sense because of the gear.
Hmmm your point does make sense. I just wanted note combat but I know it's not tht type of game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Kojima Productions filed the trademark for Physint.​