Hidetaka Miyazaki 'knows for a fact' other FromSoftware devs want a Bloodborne PC port: 'If I say I want one, I'll get in trouble, but it's nothing I'

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
"I know for a fact these guys want a Bloodborne PC port," Miyazaki said, referring to FromSoftware producer Yasuhiro Kitao and interpreter Bobby Simpson seated at the conference table near him. "If I say I want one, I'll get in trouble as well. But it's nothing I'm opposed to."

"Obviously, as one of the creators of Bloodborne, my personal, pure honest opinion is I'd love more players to be able to enjoy it. Especially as a game that is now coming of age, one of those games of the past that gets lost on older hardware—I think any game like that, it'd be nice to have an opportunity for more players to be able to experience that and relive this relic of the past. So as far as I'm concerned, that's definitely not something I'd be opposed to."

PCGamer

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
That's pretty cool and level headed of him. A shame Sony seems more interested in porting only newer titles; I get the impression Sony is shying away from older ps4 titles and would only do it if they also did a ps5 version. Which, to be fair, the game would benefit from a proper ps5 version, if only so it has a decent framerate on consoles too. Hell even just making the PS4 version take advantage of the PS5's better hardware would be something.

• angry
Reactions: 2spooky5me

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Do It Now Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• angry
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
What I have heard, is that Bloodborne Remake (not Remaster) is being developed internally at Fromsoftware. They are receiving assistance from one of Sony's support studios for technical assets. It's spoken of to be a PS6 project. Also there is no Bloodborne sequel following, they will rather make a new IP for Sony.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
I continue to find it insanely hilarious that of all the games not to port to PC, a souls game is one of those that is seemingly not happening.
Tbh I find it strange Sony hasn't done anything with bloodborne since bloodborne at all
Like yeah souls games are popular amongst pc gamers but I mean more than that
Like bloodborne is hugely popular so why is it that stuff like until dawn gets revisited but not this???

• angry

Ico

8 May 2024
I continue to find it insanely hilarious that of all the games not to port to PC, a souls game is one of those that is seemingly not happening.

this is their biggest brain move ever, its the game that PC players wants THE MOST, if sony really wants to bring people from pc to playstation just keep as it is, or make a ps5 patch

• thisistheway

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
What I have heard, is that Bloodborne Remake (not Remaster) is being developed internally at Fromsoftware. They are receiving assistance from one of Sony's support studios for technical assets. It's spoken of to be a PS6 project. Also there is no Bloodborne sequel following, they will rather make a new IP for Sony.
That means it was greenlit and approved under your JIM SEXY RYAN!!!!! 🥰🤭

Like bloodborne is hugely popular so why is it that stuff like until dawn gets revisited but not this???
We won't know until 2 months before release because Sony is keeping everything a secret. The White House is more open. Maybe there's a sequel, PS5 pro patch and a remake all coming at the same time 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
That means it was greenlit and approved under your JIM SEXY RYAN!!!!! 🥰🤭

We won't know until 2 months before release because Sony is keeping everything a secret. The White House is more open. Maybe there's a sequel, PS5 pro patch and a remake all coming at the same time 🤷‍♂️
No it's very early in the stages of development.
You wish so it's Jim Ryan lmao.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I can believe in that ;)

For more that people asked there is no Demon's Souls sequel.
But a new IP for Sony it is totally possible.

BTW for a Bloodborne's remaster/remake Sony doesn't need From Software at all.

Reactions: Eternal_Wings
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I can believe in that ;)

For more that people asked there is no Demon's Souls sequel.
But a new IP for Sony it is totally possible.

BTW for a Bloodborne's remaster/remake Sony doesn't need From Software at all.
It has to do with Miyazaki wanting to change some aspects of the game, he wasn't able to do in the original:

"If I [have to] say which one I keep in my heart, it's Bloodborne," Miyazaki said in an interview with GameSpot Brazil, our sister site. "It's the one that left [the biggest] mark on me." But even for how much he loves the games, Miyazaki still believes Bloodborne could have used a bit more polish prior to release. "I would've improved the Chalice Dungeons and the Blood Gems, which I wish were more detailed."

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
He can't.
The part he says he will get in trouble already says all.

From has no power decision and can't do nothing.
They are literally partners with Sony and Sony is more than happy to put everything on PC

So either From does it or maybe Sony already have remake plans, otherwise he is just making excuses. If it's the latter just be honest and say you're focused on Elden Ring

• angry
Reactions: Diah and 2spooky5me

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Baffling.

You have Sackboy and Ratchet & Clank on PC yet Demons Souls/Bloodborne nowhere in sight.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Baffling.

You have Sackboy and Ratchet & Clank on PC yet Demons Souls/Bloodborne nowhere in sight.
Maybe Sony agrees to port all games made by their Eupean/North American studios but not their Japanese ones. It's probably no coincidence that no Japanese 1st Party IP (IPs they do own) are not on PC. No Gran Turismo, no Astrobot, no Gravity Rush, no Shadow of the Colossus, no the last guardian, no Demon's Souls are on PC. I think Sony will keep their Japanese IPs exclusive to PS consoles.

Reactions: Umar