teezzy

6 Sep 2022
Who on planet earth is saying High on Life is GotY worthy? Lmao

You guys wake n bake this morning or something? Show me the evidence

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Every time they have a release on Gamepass now, they jump straight to 'Game of the year contender'. It's a meme at this stage.
I mean it can be GOTY if it is the only new game on the platform they release.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is the highest charting Gamepass release since Halo Infinite…And no one is gonna buy it.

You cannot expect any consumer to pay full price while knowing they gave it away with a rental charge. I’d only even consider playing this if it was free at this point.

I find this to be different than just a later port of the game… and if they’re trying to actually make money with the game by actually releasing it on a platform capable of selling software... well sorry… Too late and fuck you not paying.

Reactions: Muddasar and Airbus

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Comes running back to Sony for a check......They did this shit ass backwards. It should have been launched on PS5/PS4/Xbox for $60 then a year later drop it in PS+ and GP. But i guess they wanted to learn the hard way.

24 Jun 2022
So uh, turns out this is just the PS4/PS4 Pro version of the game? No native PS5 version available?

Hasn't this also happened with Psychonauts 2, where Series X got a native build but when they ported it to PS5 it was just PS4/PS4 Pro? Does Microsoft have certain clauses with their Game Pass 3P timed exclusivity deals where the devs can't release native PS5 versions of ported games until some time later on, even after the Game Pass/Xbox console exclusivity period is over with?

I can 100% see that being the case, after we've found out MS has exclusivity clauses for 3P game reveals via embargos (Sony & Nintendo do not have these), and for game subscriptions with Game Pass exclusives (Sony & Nintendo have a form of this with games they have 3P marketing deals or exclusivity deals with). And it'd be pretty easy for them to do this with smaller releases in particular, which High on Life might fall in the realm of. Releases that they feel could make the Xbox versions look inferior if native PS5 builds were made.

I don't put anything past Microsoft anymore when it comes to this type of crap.

Reactions: Shmunter

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
So uh, turns out this is just the PS4/PS4 Pro version of the game? No native PS5 version available?

Hasn't this also happened with Psychonauts 2, where Series X got a native build but when they ported it to PS5 it was just PS4/PS4 Pro? Does Microsoft have certain clauses with their Game Pass 3P timed exclusivity deals where the devs can't release native PS5 versions of ported games until some time later on, even after the Game Pass/Xbox console exclusivity period is over with?

I can 100% see that being the case, after we've found out MS has exclusivity clauses for 3P game reveals via embargos (Sony & Nintendo do not have these), and for game subscriptions with Game Pass exclusives (Sony & Nintendo have a form of this with games they have 3P marketing deals or exclusivity deals with). And it'd be pretty easy for them to do this with smaller releases in particular, which High on Life might fall in the realm of. Releases that they feel could make the Xbox versions look inferior if native PS5 builds were made.

I don't put anything past Microsoft anymore when it comes to this type of crap.

The same shit as with Psychonauts, but in 2023. Is the dev an Xbox studio?

24 Jun 2022
The same shit as with Psychonauts, but in 2023. Is the dev an Xbox studio?

No, but HoL was a timed Xbox console exclusive and also Game Pass Day 1.

And like just mentioned, MS already have a clause with 3P Day 1 Game Pass games preventing them from going to competing services. I'm wondering if another term is forced content & performance parity after the exclusivity period is over, when the game gets ported to other platforms.

But rather than enabling that wholesale, it's done on a game-to-game basis, and maybe we're seeing that with High on Life. It's either that or the developer for some reason could not be bothered with doing a PS5 build of the game, but I find that one hard to believe.

24 Jun 2022
It’s an alright shooter but the talking guns get grating after awhile and the Doom Eternal style combat gets a little repetitive. If you’re a fan of Rick and Morty you will have a good time.

If Microsoft were smart, they'd get the HoL team to do a new Conker game. But, they seem to have an apprehension towards cultivating nostalgic IPs unless it requires the least amount of effort.

Perfect Dark & Fable are in very popular genres so not a surprise they're back. Conker, less so.