Hironobu Sakaguchi and Square Enix reunite for Fantasian port

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Good, looking forward to playing it on PlayStation 5 (maybe some day if cheap, I'm not a big JRPG fan).

What exactly is Fantasian?
A JRPG released for iOS three years ago, that now is coming to PS4, PS5, Xbox Series, PC and Switch:

Sakaguchi was director is the former FF1 to FF6 director, FFVII writer and producer. Supervisor in Chrono Trigger. He left SE to create his own company where more or less recently he made a few mobile games while surfing in Hawai.

The composer of the game is Uematsu, the one from basically all the main FF games.

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I bought this on mobile just to support, never actually played it! Glad I can now, and it’s very beautiful to see all of these guy’s collaborate again!

OP
OP
GachaMadeMeBroke

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
What exactly is Fantasian?

It’s currently an Apple Arcade exclusive JRPG. The unique thing about it is that every environment you see was handcrafted by the team. And by handcrafted I mean, literally by hand lol

images

That’s why you’ll see the environments have a realistic look to them. It’s a fairly standard JRPG mechanically but it’s very much one of those old school experiences with just solid story, characters and worlds. The game was initially split into two parts. Only ever played the first part so looking forward to playing the entire game

24 Jun 2022
Absolutely heartwarming to see and seems CS3 (formally CBU3) is helping with the port. To see one of my heroes working with my fav company again is just, the best fucking news. It’s coming everywhere Holiday 2024

Great to see, but kinda BS of Jason to claim it was in iOS "purgatory". AFAIK the game did pretty well on Apple Arcade, and it's great to see it getting some ports outside of that platform. His wording in that regard is just kinda BS tho.

Anyway, just a small aside. A game I'll be looking to play some time, for sure.

Reactions: voke
OP
OP
GachaMadeMeBroke

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Great to see, but kinda BS of Jason to claim it was in iOS "purgatory". AFAIK the game did pretty well on Apple Arcade, and it's great to see it getting some ports outside of that platform. His wording in that regard is just kinda BS tho.

Anyway, just a small aside. A game I'll be looking to play some time, for sure.

I kinda agree yeah, also the funding from the deal helped get the game published in the first place too. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt though as my initial read was that he just meant the game will be freed from being on one platform only, no less being tied to a subscription.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I would have bought the game ages ago on Mac if it wasn't tied to apple arcade. Was waiting for the right time to play it on the one month trial I still have to use, so I'm glad I now can buy it.

Did they announce any physical version?