Hogwarts Legacy has sold more than 12 Million Copies in only its first 2 weeks

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

Hogwarts Legacy” has wingardium leviosa-ed Warner Bros. Games’ sales, earning $850 million in global sales and moving more than 12 million units in just its first two weeks post-launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

That marks the biggest global launch ever for the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned video game company, with the “Harry Potter” action role-playing game also setting the Twitch record for single-player games with 1.28 million peak concurrent viewers at launch.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

it was Delayed in Dec to focus on getting the Next Gen and PC versions out and it gives them more time to polish the last gen versions

Thanks.

And people wants to convice me that old hardware doesn't hold back development of games... if they had to delay to focus in next-gen fist tells a lot about how development works.

That is why I don't want Sony following the PC simultaneos path... do the port later if they wish but don't take resources from the actual game development on PS5 before it is released.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Absolutely amazing, the boycott backfired and the game turned out miles better than anything the studio has ever put out before. Will this singlehandedly save WB while the DC teams chase the GaaS leprechaun?

• thinking_hard
Reactions: EN250

EN250

17 Feb 2023
Suicide Squad will tank faster than Avengers :D
Wow, people have no faith in SS at all, like anywhere I read after the last SoP, idk, I don't see the game as something bad, certainly no Arkham series levels of great, but no Avengers levels of crap either 😅

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Suicide Squad will tank faster than Avengers :D
I am just finishing up the SoP now and it looks awful. I think back on my memories of playing AA and the opening parts of AC and how awesome it felt to finally play a game where you get to actually act like Batman. A tight, focused game that really nailed the character. And then there's this where all the characters look and play the same, don't have power sets that match their comic depictions, don't even take visual cues from the 90s Suicide Squad that I loved, embarrassing grimdark plot, etc. A sad end to a once great series.

Also, they claim to have tons of content lined up for future updates. Well, they fucking better because after years of delays I have zero hope in them having any sort of pipeline. They better call in WB Montreal and Boston to whip up some careless shit to throw into season 2 because I have no faith in their ability to keep up with the demands of running a live service game alone.

All these fools think they can just throw money at a wall and get a GaaS out of it. But they can't. You need a massive team, a beyond-just-competent team, a team that can get shit right the first time every time. Its hard, rock hard and this will be just another Anthem/Avengers/Halo: Infinite splattered against the wall.