Hogwarts Legacy scores fifth No.1 as it surpasses Elden Ring's sales | UK Charts

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/hogwa...1-as-it-surpasses-elden-rings-sales-uk-charts

It's another week at the top of the UK boxed charts for Warner Bros' huge hit Hogwarts Legacy.

It has also been No.1 in the weekly digital data, too. In fact, after just five weeks, the game has now surpassed the lifetime sales of Elden Ring in the UK (digital and physical).

The reason for the comparison to Elden Ring is because the Bandai Namco game was last year's major breakout hit, with sales only surpassed by FIFA 23, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, GTA 5 and LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga by the end of 2022. In fact, Hogwarts Legacy will have surpassed LEGO Star Wars by the time the digital data arrives later this week.

Hogwarts Legacy isn't done, with the game set to arrive on PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch in May and June. So it could even catch the sales of Call of Duty.

It was a quiet seven days for new game releases. Last week's highest charting new title, Metroid Prime Remastered, drops from No.2 to No.4 with a hefty 79% fall in sales week-on-week. Metroid Prime Remastered was released initially on the Nintendo Eshop back in February, and as Nintendo doesn't share digital data, we won't know how the game truly performed in the UK (although hopefully we'll get some data during Nintendo's next set of financial results).

Other recent releases also slipped down the charts. Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty from Koei Tecmo is down from No.8 to No.33 with a 73% sales drop. Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is at No.11 after a 38% fall, Octopath Traveler 2 is at No.21 after a 49% stumble, and Atomic Heart is at No.38 due to a 43% decline week-on-week.

Here is the GfK UK Boxed Top Ten for the week ending March 11, 2023:

This WeekTitle
1Hogwarts Legacy
2FIFA 23
3Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4Metroid Prime Remastered
5God of War: Ragnarok
6Grand Theft Auto 5
7Minecraft: Switch Edition
8Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
9Nintendo Switch Sports
10Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Deserved! I've put in 45 hours. For all it's repetiveness and bs loot, they've built a beautiful open world and castle that keeps me coming back. Add some crazy souls like bosses and equipment that really matters and I'd be In heaven.

EN250

17 Feb 2023
Boycotts are the best marking a game can have 🔥

The game is great.
Seems like it's working tho, see? it's not in the chartz

gnrcChL.png

😂

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Makes me more glad I left that god forsaken site. So tired of political BS.
Yes, it's more about politics and agendas than gaming. It's a politics forum for the super left and their crazy idealogies and if you go against the narrative they implement cancel culture. That's the problem with the super left they don't accept any differing opinions. It's fucking sick!

Last edited:

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Hey Entropi did you pick your name due to "entropy"? I like it if so, if not, still a cool name 😊. Everytime I see your name I'm like "cool he's on some crazy disorder type shit" 🤣🤣🤣

Indeed I did. It’s Entropy misspelled which is kind of a joke on itself. It’s silly. I also geek out on astrophysics stuff so it was a good name that came to my mind.

• fire
Reactions: Gamernyc78