Hogwarts legacy

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I hate Harry Potter. I broke up with my girlfriend after we watch the first Harry Potter movie right on the cinema, that was 20 years ago. Still remembered ir.

10/10 would not buy it.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I don't believe you're Japanese if you went to watch harry potter in the cinema
It was pretty big back then, some among the first films to use IMAX.

I think it was like in the year we won AFC cup, so many great memories, except that one of course

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I've just seen anonpuffs post I stand corrected never would've imagined harry potter would be big in Japan
It has its own fanbase, well, because witches and wizards are a favorite trope here.

Ok so I takes a look and oh well it is the third film? Either way it doesn't matter, I hate it.

OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It has its own fanbase, well, because witches and wizards are a favorite trope here.

Ok so I takes a look and oh well it is the third film? Either way it doesn't matter, I hate it.
I think there's a forest in Japan that's supposedly haunted & some YouTuber went their & saw someone that hanged themself & laughed about it but is still making millions & didn't face any consequences

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Japan has lots of cool cultural stuff thats why I was surprised they liked harry potter
Eh we like a lot of Western stuffs.

Baseball, that is a western game.
Fantasy tropes, that is from Western.
Witches and wizards, that is from Western too.

Eastern feual stuffs are for travellers and "cultures exportation".

Actually I do prefer "Western cultural stuffs" actually.

OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Eh we like a lot of Western stuffs.

Baseball, that is a western game.
Fantasy tropes, that is from Western.
Witches and wizards, that is from Western too.

Eastern feual stuffs are for travellers and "cultures exportation".

Actually I do prefer "Western cultural stuffs" actually.
Japan has the scariest stuff like the grudge which I think is based on a real folklore

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Also I grew up in an town with a lot of Christians and they go to church every Sunday, so that counts as well?

OP
OP
Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Also I grew up in an town with a lot of Christians and they go to church every Sunday, so that counts as well?
I'm not religious , I've got rosary beads tattooed on me but only because I've always liked how they look 🤣 & I wouldn't expect Christianity in Japan either so you're teaching me alot

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It is really really good that NPC they decided to make transgender did piss me off though cause you're in a world with magic & you can't make your voice more feminine 🤣
I didn't buy it not bc of anything to do with woke, idc about if a game is woke or not. I just didn't have the time when it launched and i was busy with psvr2, also i am just not a huge fan of harry potter. It's just a game I'll probably end up missing out on until years later