Hogwarts review embargo lifts on Feb 6

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Not too long to wait now...

Seems like their confident enough in the game. It's wild that I am more excited for this than Rocksteady's next game. WILD!

Reactions: Gamernyc78
P

peter42O

Regardless of review scores, im day one for the deluxe edition. One more week to go!!

I do believe the game will score in the mid-80's but would have been higher as im 100% expecting several sites to score it low because of Rowling instead of doing their jobs and reviewing the game on oh, I don't know, the fucking game itself. SMH.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
1 day before release. interesting how xbots isn't with the rakes confronting and harassing Hogwarts community and developers. interesting how world changes when Sony is not involved.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Regardless of review scores, im day one for the deluxe edition. One more week to go!!

I do believe the game will score in the mid-80's but would have been higher as im 100% expecting several sites to score it low because of Rowling instead of doing their jobs and reviewing the game on oh, I don't know, the fucking game itself. SMH.
Same. I've been contemplating Deluxe vs. Standard, but today I caved in and got the Deluxe. Can't wait 🔥

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't go by the time review embargo are lifted as a sign of what to expect. That has been debunked many times. High profile and high scoring Sony games have had their review embargos lifted close to release and still scored really well.

Either way I'm excited for this game, more than any other ones.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't go by the time review embargo are lifted as a sign of what to expect. That has been debunked many times. High profile and high scoring Sony games have had their review embargos lifted close to release and still scored really well.

Either way I'm excited for this game, more than any other ones.
yeah, you listen your gaming bros
Flexing Brian Cage GIF by AEWonTV

• fire

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
we should have review thread or at least thread to vote where it would lands, but with better precision. not so wide in the pole.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
1 day before release. interesting how xbots isn't with the rakes confronting and harassing Hogwarts community and developers. interesting how world changes when Sony is not involved.
What are you fucking talking about, its a multiplat. Lol, even Switch is getting it, I wonder how that will work out...

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
What are you fucking talking about, its a multiplat. Lol, even Switch is getting it, I wonder how that will work out...
yes, what i said. you wasn't around in Forspoken thread when they said embargo will fall a day before game is released?
they were dunking on Forspoken because it is PS5 exclusive. the same people will ignore this game to do the same.
get it now?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
yes, what i said. you wasn't around in Forspoken thread when they said embargo will fall a day before game is released?
they were dunking on Forspoken because it is PS5 exclusive. the same people will ignore this game to do the same.
get it now?
No, I don't. Lifting a review embargo in the week before a game launches is normal and expected. If scores will be good or even mediocre you release it early to build hype but not too early so that the built hype doesn't then dissapate. 4 days early is normal, one day early (or even after release) is not. I don't know when copies were sent out but you also don't want to lift the embargo too early so that reviewers can actually review the game instead of playing five minutes and then rushing out to be the first to post their thoughts.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No, I don't. Lifting a review embargo in the week before a game launches is normal and expected. If scores will be good or even mediocre you release it early to build hype but not too early so that the built hype doesn't then dissapate. 4 days early is normal, one day early (or even after release) is not. I don't know when copies were sent out but you also don't want to lift the embargo too early so that reviewers can actually review the game instead of playing five minutes and then rushing out to be the first to post their thoughts.
2 days is pretty norm. some does 1 day, some 4 days or 1 week. but 1 week is very super rare.

Embargo lifts 1 day before release of Forspoken(PS5 Exclusive) - certain people dunking on that.
Embargo lifts 1 day before release of Hogwarts Legacy(multiplat) - the same certain people don't care about it.

get it?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
2 days is pretty norm. some does 1 day, some 4 days or 1 week. but 1 week is very super rare.

Embargo lifts 1 day before release of Forspoken(PS5 Exclusive) - certain people dunking on that.
Embargo lifts 1 day before release of Hogwarts Legacy(multiplat) - the same certain people don't care about it.

get it?
Its 4 days before the main release. Delux buyers are probably buying it regardless as long as it comes with a little figure for them to put on their wall.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Its 4 days before the main release. Delux buyers are probably buying it regardless as long as it comes with a little figure for them to put on their wall.
no, tuesday is release date. you just doesn't have money to start it on tuesday. so all suckers starting 3 days later. you are basically penalized by not buying more expensive version.
deluxe edition comes with some skins, mounts and starting on release date. they selling a lot of copies of deluxe version.
that's why they are releasing reviews on Monday, not on Thursday.

*suckers not offensively meaning, but WB acting like they are, the ones who can't afford deluxe edition.

it is garbage tactics whomever does that. scummy publisher.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Interested to see how the combat is. Im not a HP fan, dont dislike it either. The game world looks interesting, but if the combat isnt decent its a pass from me.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Interested to see how the combat is. Im not a HP fan, dont dislike it either. The game world looks interesting, but if the combat isnt decent its a pass from me.
there are some videos already. there is even whole mission online. check it.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
*suckers not offensively meaning, but WB acting like they are, the ones who can't afford deluxe edition.
Lol, never buy on release. Not even Nintendo 1st party games. Well.... maybe for mp-centric games where you want to get in early and play with your friends. But this ain't that.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Lol, never buy on release. Not even Nintendo 1st party games. Well.... maybe for mp-centric games where you want to get in early and play with your friends. But this ain't that.
yes, like Diablo is doing, the same shit. scummy. they turning servers on up to 4 days ''earlier''. and it is locked behind wallet.