Hollow Knight : Silksong delayed

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

“Hey gang, just a quick update about Silksong,” he wrote. “We had planned to release in the 1st half of 2023, but development is still continuing. We’re excited by how the game is shaping up, and it’s gotten quite big, so we want to take the time to make the game as good as we can.

“Expect more details from us once we get closer to release.”

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
This could've been put forward like "Silksong gets a release window: 2H 2023" but noooOOOOOOOOOooooooooo

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Ark 2 and now this. Are there any other 3rd party day one gamepass games that have received delays? I wonder if they are trying to renegotiate their contract now that its official, public knowledge that gamepass destroys sales? Maybe they felt like they were lied to and want a new contract or want out altogether now?

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I tried the first one for $5 and it straight up bored me to tears. the massive cult behind this game confuses me, and this comes from a massive Iga fan.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
It is timed exclusive.
It will release first on PC, Xbox and Switch.
After it will come to PS.

At least that is how it was before these delays.
Are you sure about that? I don't remember any mention of that and I can't find any references to that fact. Seems like it's day and date everywhere, but just on Game Pass at launch.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I tried the first one for $5 and it straight up bored me to tears. the massive cult behind this game confuses me, and this comes from a massive Iga fan.
Yeah I thought it was a slog to play through. Couldn't finish it, it was WAY too big, slow, and tedious. And, like you apparently, I love Metroidvanias.

Great atmosphere for the most part though.