Honkai: Star Rail has already surpassed 20 million downloads, just 1 day after its release.

OP
OP
Unchained

Unchained

5 Dec 2022
This is what Sony should buy, IF they possibly can.... the increase in MAU would be massive and it works across mobile, PC and PS4/5.

This and FFXIV would be great investments in MAU / revenue generators.

And PlayStation versions are yet to launch 🤯🤯🤯

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I pre-registered on my phone and it was downloaded automatically. When I saw the icon I deleted it sorry.

I'll play when it's on PS5.

• Shake

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This is what Sony should buy, IF they possibly can.... the increase in MAU would be massive and it works across mobile, PC and PS4/5.

Yep, even though they're probably not for sale anymore after genshin blew up huge. Sony's mobile strategy needs to be games like this. High quality enough to where it can be played on PC/console and mobile, and free to play with good monetization.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Anyone planning to play it? I'm already too invested in genshin so idk if i wanna pick up another gacha game

• they're_right_you_know

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Anyone planning to play it? I'm already too invested in genshin so idk if i wanna pick up another gacha game

I have very very little time and a huge backlog but I tried out Genshin and liked it, so I think I'll at least try out Honkai too. Just to see what it's all about.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
And PlayStation versions are yet to launch 🤯🤯🤯

Exactly, massive potential. This thing will be a behemoth IMO.

I think it would be incredibly tricky for Sony to buy them but the MAU's and revenue / profit would be incredible.
It would help them access lots of talent in China too and possibly support other PS Studios.

An opportunity might present itself eventually.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Exactly, massive potential. This thing will be a behemoth IMO.

I think it would be incredibly tricky for Sony to buy them but the MAU's and revenue / profit would be incredible.
It would help them access lots of talent in China too and possibly support other PS Studios.

An opportunity might present itself eventually.
But Bryan, it’s on PC, that will make PlayStation less special if Sony buys MiHoYo!

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Trash? tbh they are pretty well made games, only down side is you can/have to pay to speed the game up. You don't have to but you can.
I don't do mobile games and if it is like that other wifu BoTW clone it's trash.

I play games that aspire to be more than some cash grab, I don't see any artistic value in this trash.

The only thing good about it is that it makes PlayStation some money and I hope that money goes towards better games than this.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony should buy them and move them to Japan. It doesn’t seem that China is secure at the moment or any time in the future. Especially not with the probability of a conflict about Taiwan.
Yes it’s possible, Nexon for example had it’s origin in South Korea. They moved their entire HQ to Japan. As we know the founders of Mi-Hoyo have some Japanese language knowledge. Hence all their games have Japanese names, even the characters of their games. Would probably cost them about $3B. Good thing is they are not owned by any parent company and they rejected Tencent in the past…

• Informative

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Trash? tbh they are pretty well made games, only down side is you can/have to pay to speed the game up. You don't have to but you can.
You don’t HAVE to pay to play Genshin, but you won’t make any progress after about 10 hours without it taking weeks and having insane luck on the gacha pulls and making sure to log on every day and do all the daily, weekly and monthly quests, completing them all, and making sure your characters are all built perfectly

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022

Waste of money

Microsoft aren't getting their hands on them. Chinese Government will have a big say in acquiring a Chinese developer I am sure. And they are probably only slightly less likely to allow a Japanese company to acquire

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I doubt it and I'm not even that much of a Nintendo or Zelda fan.
Well you'd be wrong. Game is much better outside the gambling mechanics, the only thing botw has over genshin is having actual physics on objects instead of canned animations.

Combat: way better
Exploration: equal
Scale: way more content
Story: better so far
Music: like 100x better
Lore: way better
Characters: ymmv being an anime game but imo zelda characters are meh
Dungeons: equal, zelda has better puzzles but genshin has more variety

• Informative