Horizon Forbidden West on PS5 has new Variable Refresh Rate & High Refresh Rate support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
1082418.png

Horizon Forbidden West - Patch 1.17

Hello everyone,

Patch 1.17 for Horizon Forbidden West is now available! Take a look through the notes now to see the changes, and make sure your game is up-to-date before you jump back in.

** Please note that some patch notes may contain SPOILERS!**

NEW FEATURES (PlayStation 5)

• Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and High Refresh Rate (HFR) support
    • VRR improves dynamic resolution scaling on 60Hz
    • VRR & HFR targets a refresh rate between 60Hz and 120Hz
  • New “Balanced” Graphics Mode introducing 40Hz for supported displays
KNOWN ISSUES

We are currently looking into several issues reported by the community. Please note that these issues are not yet fixed in this patch, but our teams are aware of them, and they’re being investigated.

FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

Performance and Stability

• Multiple crash fixes.
Main Quests
  • Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Wings of the Ten” where the objective “Defeat Regalla” was not updating.
  • Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Wings of the Ten” where the “Sunwings” might be missing during the objective “Override a Sunwing”.
  • Fixed an issue in Main Quest “All That Remains” where the cinematic with Tilda after the gallery might not start.
  • Fixed an issue in Main Quest “The Broken Sky” where sometimes Dekka would be behind Hekarro’s throne during the objective “Talk to Dekka”.
Side Quests
  • Fixed an issue in Side Quest “Shadow in the West” where the objective “Kill Vezreh and His Machine” was not updating.
  • Fixed an issue in Side Quest “The Gate Of The Vanquished” where the objective “Defeat Yarra/Drakka” was not updating.
World Activities
  • Fixed an issue in Errand “Nights of Lights” where collecting the “Gizmo” earlier would block progress.
  • Fixed issues in Relic Ruin “The Stillsands” where the activity would be blocked.
Machines
  • Fixed an issue where the “Dreadwing” would remain cloaked when knocked down.
  • Fixed an issue where “Apex Clawstrider Hearts” would be placed in “Valuables to Sell” in the inventory
Weapons
  • Fixed an issue where “Elemental Arrows” from fully upgraded bows would destroy canisters instead of detonating them.
  • Fixed an issue where using “Elite Precision Arrows” with “Iriv’s Downfall” would not deal additional damage for enemies in “Brittle” state.
UI/UX
  • Updated text for selecting “Ultra Hard” difficulty to clarify that the setting cannot be changed.
  • Removed exclamation point icon when all skills have been unlocked and skill points are available.
Other
  • Fixed an issue where “Desert Bird Wing” could not be looted from birds.
  • Fixed an issue where trophy "All Machine Types Scanned" would not unlock, if scanning remaining machines on NG+
  • Fixed an issue where changing the “Crouch/Slide” button to R1 would make it unusable.
  • Multiple localization and subtitles fixes and improvements.
Please continue to inform us of any issues via the Support Form. We kindly ask you use this as your primary form of sending in your issues; the team are unable to use the comments of this post or mentions or DMs on social media as an efficient way of sourcing issues. Thank you for your understanding, and for all the reports sent in already!

Take care out in the wilds,

- Guerrilla

EDIT: Can a mod change the tag from Discussion to news?

Reactions: Sircaw
D

Deleted member 140

Great news! The best game of the year just got better!

😽

• fire

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Nice, I played a bit but couldn’t carry on because of studies.
But now I can jump in, interested in the 120hz mode

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Now start adding 40fps modes day 1, will ya? Missed it in R&C, Spiderman and now this.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
1082418.png

Horizon Forbidden West - Patch 1.17

Hello everyone,

Patch 1.17 for Horizon Forbidden West is now available! Take a look through the notes now to see the changes, and make sure your game is up-to-date before you jump back in.

** Please note that some patch notes may contain SPOILERS!**

NEW FEATURES (PlayStation 5)

• Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) and High Refresh Rate (HFR) support
    • VRR improves dynamic resolution scaling on 60Hz
    • VRR & HFR targets a refresh rate between 60Hz and 120Hz
  • New “Balanced” Graphics Mode introducing 40Hz for supported displays
KNOWN ISSUES

EDIT: Can a mod change the tag from Discussion to news?
off-topic in regards to the patch, but i really like that first picture, the artwork is great.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Just tried it out and I dont get it lol.

Only thing different is theres a balance mode now.
And unlike Ratchet’s balance mode which would be 80-90 fps at VRR, this is under 60fps? I thought VRR on balance mode would make it run at 60?

Im not an expert at all but maybe someone could explain it for me lol

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Nice. I will check it out just for graphics.
I only finished this mess of a game at launch

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

yewles1

21 Jun 2022
Indianapolis, IN, USA
PSN ID
yewyew1
Just tried it out and I dont get it lol.

Only thing different is theres a balance mode now.
And unlike Ratchet’s balance mode which would be 80-90 fps at VRR, this is under 60fps? I thought VRR on balance mode would make it run at 60?

Im not an expert at all but maybe someone could explain it for me lol
Balanced on these games are not universal terms. HFW's balanced mode is mainly 40fps for 120Hz and up displays, for a smoother experience than if it was 40fps on a 60Hz display.

Reactions: Kokoloko

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I just tried it first time after finishing in release week.
TBH, the shimmering is still there and IQ is not that great. It is reduced but still looking weirdly softened and oversharpened.
40fps mode is very weirdly named "balanced" without any indication what it is... are you sacrificing graphics? resolution? Or is it just 40fps.... Devs, either start labeling these things properly or make less but better modes.
But it does feel better over 30 for sure. I finished this game with 30fps and it was fine but 40 feels less stiff.
TBH, 60fps looks maybe even better because it's more blurry and less sharpened.
Not too bad but meh.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
Status
Not open for further replies.