Horizon Zero Dawn Netflix series reportedly not moving foward

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sony releaed Dark Matter on apple plus. They have their productions featured on a variety of services.

I was thinking “what if” they’re putting some film and tv productions on hold if they’re considering to purchase something like Paramount to grow their own infrastructure and catalog substantially.

But I don’t think it would delay the release of anything really.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony releaed Dark Matter on apple plus. They have their productions featured on a variety of services.

I was thinking “what if” they’re putting some film and tv productions on hold if they’re considering to purchase something like Paramount to grow their own infrastructure and catalog substantially.

They need to put horizon on apple also

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024

Wouldn't have had anything to do with that, particularly Paramount now that it looks like they've made a deal with Skydance and Sony is likely out.

I would expect Sony will make a smaller purchase in the film business like A24, but that also opens more things up for SIE.

Sony's going to continue to be a small player in the tv/movie space as a result though, but they'll keep making content for other streamers.

Reactions: Vertigo

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I'd say maybe he didn't want to go too woke.

Netflix's Aloy would be more like this instead:

GGlIKIFX0AAvn8t.jpg:large

nV3Eam9.gif

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
The showrunner is a piece of trash doesn't mean the show is cancelled. It has delayed more than outright cancelled. Hopefully next time they find a showrunner who is both competent and not a cunt.

Reactions: KickNamesTakeAss

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Making this a live action tv show is idiotic to say the least. Imagine the budget they would need.

Either do animation or a live action movie which is what would make sense.