How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate it

• A

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • B

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • C

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Yes but everything besides Astro Bot was a multiplat and most of SIE's own games shown last SOP were GAAS or PC ports.

The Xbox games are soonish; furthest ones out are games like Perfect Dark which are 2026, and I said that was gonna be a 2026 game ages ago once initial word of issues with The Initiative & getting CD involved came around.

For a showcase and for what is generally expected now from Microsoft as a platform holder & publisher, this Showcase as a B+ IMO. For a SOP and what is generally expected from Sony as a platform holder & publisher, May's SOP was a D.
All Xbox games will release on PC day one, many will be released on PS5 day one and if not will end up being released on PS5 later on.

The most important thing they announced was the new lineup of Xbox consoles and it fucking sucked, it's so bad it almost doesn't seem real.

Gears Prequel was just a CG, all other announcements were rereveal of multiplataform games, some still without a release date or even window.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
I missed the show.
But just curious, were the rumours/leaks about it mostly true or false?

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
High C but still a C. Can you honestly say you saw something you'll be talking about for years to come? That happens from an A show or Konami's infamous E3 show. I didn't watch the COD showcase because I have no interest in it. The show needs to wow for a higher rating. Being better than two other shows (Geoff's and PS) doesn't in itself merit a high rating.

Some of the games coming soon should show more gameplay. Some of the games announced years ago should now have been announced. Its not a surprise to see a promo of a game announced a few years ago. I'd have preferred nothing earlier. The problems with announcing too early I suppose.

Matt Booty's speech...Holy fuck!!! Rewatch and cut out all the ABK and Bethesda games talk. He just ignored most of the older studios who contributed to this very show. There was even stage where he could have thrown a bone like Sea of Thieves. Why does he still have a job?

Sarah Bond eating the shit sandwich to announce new SKU for consoles that have flatlined with the general public. 600 for a 2TB Xbox? The fucking nerve.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Ah yes Nextgenplayer who's always tweeting everything for engagement with his love of emojis.
This is why social media is beyond dumb. It's like farming with your PC, but without any actual results/physical goods.
But I digress...

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Ah yes Nextgenplayer who's always tweeting everything for engagement with his love of emojis.
Yeah his defintley a engagement farmer. Although i think the sentiments are true after the awful showcase last year.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Good showcase

Xbox are firing all their cylinders right now. All their games look and feel next gen. Not sure they will all land but if even a couple of them do land big that could shift perception. Perfect Dark, Fable and that South of Midnight all look brimming with potential. Even State of Decay looks like a big step forward for that studio

PlayStation have a lot of catching up to do. While Playstation fuck around with a State of Play for GAAS crap like Concord which misses the mark, Xbox just shows their whole slate and there is bound to be something that appeals to nearly everyone.

Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica and Bend Studios should be embarassed while they are twiddling their thumbs doing fuck knows what or wasting on cross gen that Playground Studios have basically managed to shift genres and reboot a whole franchise - which is basically the equivalent of a new IP in only 3-4 years since their last game.

• haha
Reactions: saltyashell

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

Herman to busy with what to port to pc next to care about a decent showcase.

GPgIzcEWoAAkbI1

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Good showcase

Xbox are firing all their cylinders right now. All their games look and feel next gen. Not sure they will all land but if even a couple of them do land big that could shift perception. Perfect Dark, Fable and that South of Midnight all look brimming with potential. Even State of Decay looks like a big step forward for that studio

PlayStation have a lot of catching up to do. While Playstation fuck around with a State of Play for GAAS crap like Concord which misses the mark, Xbox just shows their whole slate and there is bound to be something that appeals to nearly everyone.

Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica and Bend Studios should be embarassed while they are twiddling their thumbs doing fuck knows what or wasting on cross gen that Playground Studios have basically managed to shift genres and reboot a whole franchise - which is basically the equivalent of a new IP in only 3-4 years since their last game.
Joking?

They re showing fable, pdz, avowed, statenof decay for years.
Bunch of multiplats. Bethesda and activision wouldnt probably survive without ps platform. Creed, dragon age and bunch of other multi.

How that goes?
Death
Taxes
Xbox showing eso, f76, flight, sot dlc every year.

South midn....not only copied tlou trailer shit looks like it took segments, of spidermwn, horizon, zelda.

I Sae bunch of 60,80 games.

Another year. Another xbox win. In reality Astrobot And rebirth ll clean goty awards. Ps5 ll outsell xbox 5 to 1.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
its funny how xbots who are been talking about of triple AAA games are nosustainable are now changin the message on just a day xD

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Joking?

Bunch of multiplats. Bethesda and activision wouldnt probably survive without ps platform. Creed, dragon age and bunch of other multi.

How that goes?
Death
Taxes

South midn....not only copied tlou trailer shit looks like it took segments, of spidermwn, horizon, zelda.

Another year. Another xbox win. In reality Astrobot And rebirth ll clean goty awards. Ps5 ll outsell xbox 5 to 1.
i saw a lot of great titles and the reception online for the showcase has been amazing. Good luck on Astrobot and FF.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
I give it a D. It's the same bullshit they've been doing for over a decade now. The heavily-edited Avowed trailer tells me they don't want us to see what the real game looks like which is a tad alarming, seeing how close we are to the release date. The Perfect Dark "gameplay" trailer looked faker than a Ubisoft gameplay trailer and they gave Joanna a square chin just so they aren't doing a misogyny... Metal Gear Solid Delta looks like it's being made by toddlers with all those jerky starts and stops to animations and questionable character redesigns that look way worse than the ones from that pachislot tease... Gears trailer was a nothing trailer with a nothing date and a nothing year.. Fable had another nothing trailer showing that intentionally ugly female protagonist that marked Playground Games safe from doing a misogyny...

Outside of COD BLOPS 6, the four things that looked genuinely cool to me were the Compulsion Games thing with the catfish called South of Midnight, the new Doom, the Indiana Jones game, and Stalker 2 which looks like it will be an absolute banger. I'll go even further and give South of Midnight my best in show award.

Honestly though, I think Sony is doing the right thing here and sitting on what they have cooking until they can really show it off right. Just because the Xbox showcase Was A Fun Show, that doesn't mean a whole lot. They've been putting on "Fun Shows" and "winning E3" for years.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A B from me, a decent showing of games, and a couple that I would probably play on PlayStation when they come to it.

A highlight for me was that indie game mixed tape, which I thought had a very nice nostalgia vibe to it and was made with some serious love from its developers.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Joking?

How that goes?
Death
Taxes

Sounds like cope

Sony are showing us nothing. I'll take announcements and a couple years of trailers over nothing. We didn't have a problem with that last gen

Reactions: Ico

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
A B from me, a decent showing of games, and a couple that I would probably play on PlayStation when they come to it.

A highlight for me was that indie game mixed tape, which I thought had a very nice nostalgia vibe to it and was made with some serious love from its developers.

I give Mixtape a year before it gets delisted from all storefronts due to music licensing constraints.

Also, I realize we should be more receptive to games that aren't shootbang dudebro things, but what is the GAME aspect to it?

That being said, love the look of it.