How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate it

• A

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • B

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • C

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
23 May 2024
I will say one last thing…

If Sony made a show with the same games MS did then most here should be giving C and D scores to that show.

That is how you guys trend to hype Xbox for nothing 🤷‍♂️

That is like dejavus or f previous years.
That’s not true at all and you know it
Like everything seems to get lost on you guys while you view it through console war goggles.

Here’s the thing, while you’re tripping over Xbox games and acting immature like giving them any praise will give you some disease, I’ll be playing these Xbox games on a PS5 Pro where they will probably run better and look the best.

Don’t miss out on good games simply because they are associated with Microsoft. Ya’ll be playing Doom right? Of course.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Summer Nightmares

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Like everything seems to get lost on you guys while you view it through console war goggles.

Here’s the thing, while you’re tripping over Xbox games and acting immature like giving them any praise will give you some disease, I’ll be playing these Xbox games on a PS5 Pro where they will probably run better and look the best.

Don’t miss out on good games simply because they are associated with Microsoft. Ya’ll be playing Doom right? Of course.
I mean I'll play some of them on PC game pass using the $1 trial, just like I did with Hellblade 2, and everything else they've dropped day 1

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I'm not sure what you trying to say but that doesn't make a good show... it just make it more of the same.
Let's list what happened...

NEW GAMES
  • Doom: The Dark Ages (Multiplatform including PS5, 2025)
  • Life is Strange: Double Exposure (Multiplatform including PS5 and Switch, Coming in October 2024)
  • Gears of War: E-Day (Probably not before 2026 and nothing more shared)
  • Expedition 33 (Multiplatform including PS5, Coming in 2025)
  • Fragpunk (Multiplatform including PS5,Coming in 2025)
  • Winter Burrow (Coming 2025)
  • Mixtape (Multiplatform including PS5, Coming in October 2025)
  • Wuchang: Falling Feather (Multiplatform including PS5, Coming in 2025)
  • Atomfall (Multiplatform including PS4/PS5, Coming in 2025)

PREVIOUS ANNOUNCED GAMES
  • Perfect Dark (Revealed in 2020, No date shared but not coming in 2025, no platforms shared except Xbox)
  • Fable (Revealed in 2020, Coming in 2025, no platforms shared shared except Xbox)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (Revealed in 2024, Multiplatform including PS5, Coming in 2024)
  • State of Decay 3 (Revealed in 2020, no release date)
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard (Reveled in 2022, Multiplatform including PS5, Coming in 2024)
  • South of Midnight (Revealed in 2023, Coming in 2025)
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater (Revealed in 2023, Multiplatform including PS5)
  • Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn (Revealed in 2022, Multiplatform including PS5, Coming in July 2024)
  • Age of Mythology: Retold (Revealed in 2022, Coming in September 2024)
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 (Revealed in 2023, Coming in 2024)
  • Indiana Jones and the Great Circle (Revealed in 2021, No release date)
  • Mecha Break (Revealed at SGF, Multiplatform including PS5, Beta coming in August 2024)
  • Avowed (Revealed in 2020, Coming in 2024?)
  • Assassin’s Creed Shadows (Revealed in 2024, Coming in 2024)
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (Revealed in 2012, Coming in 2024)

DLC / UPDATES
  • Starfield: Shattered Space
  • Fallout 76: Skyline Valley (Multiplatform including PS5)
  • World of Warcraft: The War Within (PC/MAC only)
  • Sea of Thieves: Season 13 (Multiplatform including PS5)
  • Diablo IV: The Vessel of Hatred (Multiplatform including PS5)
  • The Elder Scrolls Online (Multiplatform including PS5)

Did I miss anything?

What really Xbox revealed for Xbox in the show? Gears of War: E-Day and Winter Burrow.
That was all.

From these that we already knows for years got post 2025 maybe releases.

If that was a PlayStation show it should be a disaster in Epic levels.
People were mad with PS show even with Astro being revealed to release in few months plus games not coming to Xbox releasing in 2024.

Last edited:

AfnanAcchan

3 Mar 2023
B. I would give it A if they have more asian games and more games has release date. Overall a great show. Sony better has showcase when they announce PS5 pro along with multiple 1st party under development before year end or else it is time to get worry.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
At the very least it was a b, I would give it an A mostly because I know almost all these games will be playable on PlayStation

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Graded the showcase a B.

Watched the showcase twice already. Excellent showcase. The best showcase of the generation for me with a whopping 62% (16 out of 26 games) accuracy rate. Disappointed that there weren't release dates for Avowed and Indiana Jones and no shows for Towerborne and Contraband. All minor complaints. Anyway, my rundown on the 16 games that are for me -

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (campaign only)

This looks really good and I love the theme and story that they’re going for. I’m not a COD guy but I have played and completed a few of them and this one has my interest. And shout out to The Prodigy band with Firestarter kicking off the show. Love that song and band!!

2. Doom: The Dark Ages

I completed Doom 2016 but still need to complete Eternal. This one though looks awesome and more importantly, looks like it plays slower which is a positive for me.

3. State of Decay 3

Looks great and better than I was expecting. Looking forward to this one.

4. Dragon Age: The Veilguard

Looks good and really looking forward to the 20 minute gameplay walkthrough this Tuesday.

5. Starfield: Shattered Space

This looks freaking awesome!!! Dark and spooky with some horror themes. And a free update today!! Nice!

6. Expedition 33

This looks real good and im intrigued by the combat system even though it’s turn based. Want to see a proper gameplay walkthrough of the combat system so I can see how it plays when playing the game.

7. South of Midnight

This was by far the biggest surprise of the showcase for me due to how great it looks. Coming from Compulsion Games, they’ve been elevated over We Happy Few and Contrast which is great for me because I never cared about either of those two games. Looking forward to this one!!

8. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn

Looking forward to this game for a while and finally has a release date - July 18th.

9. Perfect Dark

This looks freaking great!!! Love all the different types of gameplay and the environments looks amazing.

10. Diablo IV: Vessel of Hatred

While only a cinematic, look freaking gruesome which isn’t a surprise considering the base game which I still need to play through and complete at some point. lol

11. Fable

Coming in 2025 (November is my guess), seeing more gameplay and some of the world/towns looks great and very impressive. Excited for this one. Definitely looks like Playground Games version of The Witcher III which is what I was hoping for. Can't wait!!

12. Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Only complaint is no release date but otherwise, looks really good and love the humor as it fits the game perfectly.

13. Avowed

Again, only complaint is no release date but definitely looking forward to playing it and after watching the deep dive for it earlier today, im even more excited for the game.

14. Assassin’s Creed Shadows

Love Assassin’s Creed so no surprise here. lol. Looks great and watched the gameplay trailer today which looks excellent. Sasuke FTW!!!

15. Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl

Looks much improved over last year’s showing at Gamescom. Part of a packed September for me. I like the Metro series and I know Stalker was the original metro type games so looking forward to this one.

16. Gears of War: E-Day

Last but definitely not least is Gears of War: E-Day. Super hyped for this game. A prequel set a decade or so before the first Gears of War game, brings back the full name as it should be and goes back to the dark mature roots of the original trilogy. If this is a Fall 2026 title and the next generation Xbox consoles do in fact release in Fall 2026, im hoping that this will be a launch title for the new hardware.
Perhaps best of all, 12 of the 16 games listed above will be on Game Pass day one!! Let's go baby!! Overall, the best showcase of the generation and probably the best Xbox showcase ever for me. 😂

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Id rate it E for Empty Promises. The only actual games MS showed with gameplay were Doom, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark, and South of Midnight. Of those 5 only Doom and South of Midnight looked good IMO. Avowed and IJ both look terrible IMO and Perfect Dark looks like a generic FPS. I disagree that this one of the greatest xbox shows ever because most of it was mid or CG cutscenes.
Also seems like third parties are on their way to completely abandoning them. I dont think there was a single Japanese Publisher present the entire show besides Konami. Not sure how Sony let that one slip out of their hands but I wonder if MS paid a boatload because Sony has the next Kojima project on the way in the future?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Id rate it E for Empty Promises. The only actual games MS showed with gameplay were Doom, Avowed, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark, and South of Midnight. Of those 5 only Doom and South of Midnight looked good IMO. Avowed and IJ both look terrible IMO and Perfect Dark looks like a generic FPS. I disagree that this one of the greatest xbox shows ever because most of it was mid or CG cutscenes.
Also seems like third parties are on their way to completely abandoning them. I dont think there was a single Japanese Publisher present the entire show besides Konami. Not sure how Sony let that one slip out of their hands but I wonder if MS paid a boatload because Sony has the next Kojima project on the way in the future?
People fall for the marketing PR... the show that people are praising have near nothing new to Xbox.
It was a very weak Xbox showcase.

Reactions: Dabaus