How do you think MS will announce their PS5 ports?

How do you think MS will announce their PS5 ports?

• Total voters

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It would be hilarious if it was at their own show. :ROFLMAO:
If they do it at their own show, it's a power move demonstrating a clear strategic shift. If they sneak Sea of Thieves through with a PS Blog announcement, they're just testing the waters.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Silently and carefully. They will cut ties with whoever is against the new business model. If the likes of TimDog or Colt aren't hyping the move, they’ll never be invited to a MS event again, and new useful idiots will replace them.

Pretty much like an authoritarian regime would do it.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Voted for PlayStation events like Showcases and State of Plays.

But realistically, my guess is however it's done, it will be done horribly because it's exactly how Microsoft's messaging has been since 2013 with Xbox One so no reason to change whatsoever.

25 Jul 2022
I really don't know. After the backlash on twitter my first thought would be keep it as low key announcement as possible keeping some fans on side.

But it's huge news.

I voted the MS show because I suspect in typical MS fashion they'll want to make a big song and dance convincing investors of the bold new gaming direction and plans to make big financial returns on publisher investments.

Phil and the CFO already teased what we're starting to see now. It makes the most business sense but fans will be absolutely fuming. Its a fine line between doing what's right for Xbox pleasing investors and trying to please the hardcore fanbase holding pitchforks with zero tolerance for any of this.

Whichever way they plan to communicate the message the after math is going to be crazy.
The 20+ year console war pretty much ends.
Fans going mental and feeling rightly betrayed.
Proves even with Console+PC+Cloud+TV+Gamepass its still currently not a sustainable enough business because there's no way this was the original plan at the start of the gen.
Every game to PS5 chips away at Xbox's identity and could slow console sales even further.

Anyway my popcorn is ready 🍿

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
For new games, in the same way Mojang, Double Fine, Ninja Theory, Bethesda/Zenimax and Activision Blizzard announced their PS versions. Sometimes in their own channels, sometimes in PS ones if Sony still has some one signed.

Outside what Sony had signed before acquisition, I think they won't show stuff on Sony channels, only in MS/generic ones as could be the Doritos Summer Fest or Doritos Game Awards.

For ports of old games, I think they'll do it in a low key way maybe just posting a trailer and sending a PR release in a random day, or maybe in some generic event like the Doritos ones.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
As Dusk Falls was revealed during The Game Awards...so maybe at Summer Games Fest we could see some more Xbox 1st party games announced for PS/Switch.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Phil Spencer will come up live on stage with tears rolling down his eyes, announce that the entire Xbox category will be ported to the Ps5/Switch.

Then to atone for his sins, he will commit Seppukku on stage.

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Silently and carefully. They will cut ties with whoever is against the new business model. If the likes of TimDog or Colt aren't hyping the move, they’ll never be invited to a MS event again, and new useful idiots will replace them.

Pretty much like an authoritarian regime would do it.
Guys like Timdog and Colt arent invited lol, they are more like employees

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi