How is your backlog?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Just looking at my backlog, It's a disaster... once a hill, now a mountain of games and it feels like I'm going nowhere fast with it.

So, I'd like to know how your backlog is. Maybe I'll feel better if some of yours are similar to mine!

Reactions: Box and rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That Mad Max game and Nier automata will forever be in my backlog it seems

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
One of my objectives when switching from PC to Playstation was to not commit the same error I did on Steam buying hundreds of games just because they are cheap... so far I feel like I'm failing a little bit to be honest haha. I'm trying to be more selective with my purchases, sometimes is hard but still miles better than the almost 800 games on Steam.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
One of my objectives when switching from PC to Playstation was to not commit the same error I did on Steam buying hundreds of games just because they are cheap... so far I feel like I'm failing a little bit to be honest haha. I'm trying to be more selective with my purchases, sometimes is hard but still miles better than the almost 800 games on Steam.
Yeah, don't buy too many and most important is to play what you buy. Because if you aren't playing then backlogs deepens. I think that my backlog shrunk after i started doing that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Summer Nightmares

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
I've never had a back log until recently.

Games/dlc that I've bought backlog is small.

It's my ps plus backlog that's huge.

• they're_right_you_know

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Actually not that bad still have Pacific Drive to play. Still making my way through Dragon's Dogma 2 though it's gonna take awhile since I've been vacationing the last two weeks.

I wanted to get through Ronin before Stellar Blade but I'll get the latter first.

I need to finish Rebirth since I had iced it for Dragons Dogma 2 😶

My PS+ backlog on the other hand is beyond catching up since I've been backlogged since PS3 days 🤣. So I ignore it in general.

But I've always tried to not overwhelm myself with paid for games, need my money's worth.

• Shake

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You don't want to know. Actually... I don't want to know.

Too much to have an overview about it. It doesn't help I still try to go for platinums.

With Sony's current strategy, I have decided I will dedicate more time to the backlog going forward.

• brain

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I curate it constantly with the folders option. There’s a todo list evaluated with what I’d actually care to play or continue. On the console itself only what I’m actively playing.

• brain

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
My current generation backlog -

BASE GAMES / 4 (in order of release)
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Diablo IV
- Remnant II
- Starfield

EXPANSIONS / 8 (in order of release)
- Dying Light 2: Stay Human / Bloody Ties
- Horizon Forbidden West: The Burning Shores
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty
- Dead Island 2: Haus
- Remnant II: The Awakened King
- Final Fantasy XVI: Echoes of the Fallen
- Dead Island 2: Sola
- Final Fantasy XVI: The Rising Tide

TOTAL / 12

NOTE: I do have one game on Steam that isn't available on consoles that I will play this summer which is Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine since the sequel is currently dated for September.

I also have five games for 2024 as 50/50. I have a setup of how many games I play and complete every year which is either 5, 10 or 20 games. There's no in between. So at times, I may need a game or two to round out my year which is where the 50/50 games come into play.

50/50 GAMES / 5 (in order of my interest)
- Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown
- Granblue Fantasy Relink (recently dropped it but may go back to it later this year if needed)
- Outcast: A New Beginning
- Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
- Skull and Bones

My 2024 as of now (in order of release) -

1. Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
2. Final Fantasy Rebirth
3. Rise of the Ronin (currently playing)
4. Stellar Blade
5. Hellblade II: Senua's Saga
6. Stalker 2: Heart of Chernobyl
7. Warhammer 40:000: Space Marine 2

Release Date TBA -

1. Star Wars Outlaws
2. Avowed
3. Towerborne
4. Assassin's Creed 2024 (RED)
5. Indiana Jones
6. Flintlock: The Siege of Dawn
7. Visions of Mana
8. Blue Protocol
9. Dragon Age Dreadwolf

I also have a few games that will be in Early Access this year that im interested in playing but will wait until the full 1.0 version is released. This includes No Rest for The Wicked, GreedFall 2 and Terminator Survivors. Also expecting The First Descendant to follow this setup as well but hasn't been announced yet. Also waiting on Once Human. Second half of 2024 will be far more packed and stacked for me than the first half and majority of it simply hasn't been confirmed yet so im just waiting to see how my entire year plays out.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Not too bad, I guess. I managed to finish up a few games these last 2 weeks. I now have the following left:

Lost Judgment (currently playing)
Like a Dragon: The man who erased his name
Like a Dragon:Infinite Wealth
Metro Exodus 2 DLCs
FF VII Rebirth
Far Cry 6
Borderlands 2

Now, those are the new games I never played. I have a few others I'd like to revisit. Plus, a few I'm looking at getting.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
There is no such thing as a backlog.

If anything I just want to play less stuff and focus on the top tier all time great stuff. I'm completely done with mediocre games.

Feels great to drop $60 or $70 on games like Elden Ring, FFVII Rebirth and BG3.

Right now there is not a single upcoming game with a release window I'm looking forward to besides GTA6, Death Stranding 2 and that new Persona Team game.

• haha

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I have about 1000 games in it now, stretching back to the PS2 gen. I made a goal to beat 100 this year but Rebirth has consumed the last month for me

• Surprised

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
There is no such thing as a backlog.

If anything I just want to play less stuff and focus on the top tier all time great stuff. I'm completely done with mediocre games.

Feels great to drop $60 or $70 on games like Elden Ring, FFVII Rebirth and BG3.

Right now there is not a single upcoming game with a release window I'm looking forward to besides GTA6, Death Stranding 2 and that new Persona Team game.
I honestly believe you would make even the most hardened of therapists depressed.

jack nicholson nod GIF

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Not the absolute worst but not the greatest either. Been good at focusing on one game at a time but the last year or so I've ended up playing two to three games at a time. Just gotta take a look at where the priority should be for what game.

• brain

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I stopped worrying about it coming to terms with the notion that games will add up no matter what. Even without spending a dime:

EGS freebies at one or 2 per week (some repeats)
Games from Amazon prime subscription (1 per week)
The ocassional GoG freebie.

I play games at my own pace and only absolute showstoppers like high profile souls likes (lies of P) or long awaited total conversions* end up disrupting it.

*Fallout London releasing on April 23rd.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I honestly believe you would make even the most hardened of therapists depressed.

jack nicholson nod GIF
What is depressive about my view? There more to life than playing every game that comes out, focus on the top tier stuff and do other things with your time. Works for me.

The mentality of playing everything trying to find some hidden gem doesn't work this day and age where games are so long and so many don't stand out.

It's also pretty easy to tell high quality stuff from the over-hyped and mediocre releases, even easier if you allow time to weed out the irrelevant stuff.

• sad
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
What is depressive about my view? There more to life than playing every game that comes out, focus on the top tier stuff and do other things with your time. Works for me.
Well, before this I was reading your comments on the switch in another thread, then came here and saw this, then recalled your "The doom of PlayStation and i love all things PC etc

I am just having a bit of fun, you should know me by now, but you do seem rather Doom and gloom of late.

doctor-doom-in-marvel-comics.jpg