How is your backlog?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Well, before this I was reading your comments on the switch in another thread, then came here and saw this, then recalled your "The doom of PlayStation and i love all things PC etc

I am just having a bit of fun, you should know me by now, but you do seem rather Doom and gloom of late.

doctor-doom-in-marvel-comics.jpg
Don't blame me for PlayStation being doomed ( PlayStation doomers keep being proven right again and again). I'm not hypocrite I won't praise PlayStation for turning itself into another Xbox. Some people get what is happening, other will have to see it unfold before them.

Just like with Xbox, some saw what was going to happen the moment Phil Spencer took over, when they started porting all their games to PC or when they announced Gamepass plans.

Some still haven't even realized Xbox has been dead for a while. Like those Japanese soldier forgotten in an island that kept fighting for many decades a war that had been over.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Don't blame me for PlayStation being doomed ( PlayStation doomers keep being proven right again and again). I'm not hypocrite I won't praise PlayStation for turning itself into another Xbox. Some people get what is happening, other will have to see it unfold before them.

Just like with Xbox, some saw what was going to happen the moment Phil Spencer took over, when they started porting all their games to PC or when they announced Gamepass plans.

Some still haven't even realized Xbox has been dead for a while. Like those Japanese soldier forgotten in an island that kept fighting for many decades a war that had been over.
Well, I just think there is too much doom and gloom on show; we have amazing games, and many unannounced projects to look forward to, and Xbox has basically lost the war, I thought we were all meant to be happy about that as true gamers.

I do not care 2 cents if they port the entire library to PC; I am happy for people to experience great games no matter where they are.

My backlog is immense; in fact, I could probably continue playing games for the next 5 years and not even bother buying a game.

I have not even played Demon Souls yet, nor Elden Ring, Horizon Zero Dawn 2 or half of the new Resident Evil remakes. From my personal point of view i think its , it's great to be a gamer atm, but for some reason, all I see are people always moaning about shit.

It's always the glass that is half empty for some reason.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Well, I just think there is too much doom and gloom on show; we have amazing games, and many unannounced projects to look forward to, and Xbox has basically lost the war, I thought we were all meant to be happy about that as true gamers.

I do not care 2 cents if they port the entire library to PC; I am happy for people to experience great games no matter where they are.

My backlog is immense; in fact, I could probably continue playing games for the next 5 years and not even bother buying a game.

I have not even played Demon Souls yet, nor Elden Ring, Horizon Zero Dawn 2 or half of the new Resident Evil remakes. From my personal point of view i think its , it's great to be a gamer atm, but for some reason, all I see are people always moaning about shit.

It's always the glass that is half empty for some reason.
Miss me with the unannounced project narrative, I have been hearing it for 4 years at this point. All I got was a canceled ND game, Death Stranding 2 and a Kojima PS6 game.

I really dislike Sony output this gen compared to the same point last gen. Nothing on the level of Uncharted 4 or Bloodborne and when it comes to announced stuff it's even worse. If not for physical media, GT7 and a few other exclusives like Final Fantasy I would see no reason to own a PlayStation. In the past I wouldn't even question the need of a PlayStation.

I never made the point that there aren't great game, my point is that Sony in particularly is not as great of a publisher as they once were and them porting their games to PC slowed down production and removed many incentive we once had to invest in their platform.

• sad
Reactions: Sircaw

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Yeah, don't buy too many and most important is to play what you buy. Because if you aren't playing then backlogs deepens. I think that my backlog shrunk after i started doing that.

100%

I was really tempted to buy a couple of games during this easter sales but there is no point in doing so, I'm still playing Hades and Witcher.
Don't buy if you are not going to play almost right away is the right strategy.

Reactions: Systemshock2023
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, before this I was reading your comments on the switch in another thread, then came here and saw this, then recalled your "The doom of PlayStation and i love all things PC etc

I am just having a bit of fun, you should know me by now, but you do seem rather Doom and gloom of late.

doctor-doom-in-marvel-comics.jpg

"IconEra insider teases possible Doctor Doom game" hehehe

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
100%

I was really tempted to buy a couple of games during this easter sales but there is no point in doing so, I'm still playing Hades and Witcher.
Don't buy if you are not going to play almost right away is the right strategy.
yeah, it happened many time to me, where i bought, didn't play instantly and those games went to backlog.

sometimes is the best for me just to buy games if i think that i will like them and i like what it showed and i will play it instantly, and the rest of the games just to watch how it will plays out.

Reactions: Summer Nightmares

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Been trying to chip away at it but it feels too daunting and it doesn't help that my taste is mostly in long jrpgs and that I keep buying new games. I've decided to stop buying new games until I finish my old ones.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Have been better about buying games I know I don't have time to play or won't get around to, but the backlog still increases.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
When I was a teen I could burn a game a week, trade it in, rinse and repeat. Now I’ll buy 3 games a year at launch at most. Rest are psn sales or whatever I get from plus, extra… way too much. And way too much I kinda won’t ever play but at this point I kinda know what I’d like to take a gamble on. I really try to avoid open world games but the smaller stuff I’ll still give a shot if their gameplay is driven by something … more (ronin’s combat or elden rings mastery of everything).

Have games in folders…

“Live and in-progress” are games I actively play now, online games and the single player games I intend to finish. Destiny, the crew, remnant 2, Elden ring, 2077, gran blue, outer worlds and Ronin currently.

The “to do” list is a list of 20-30 games across the hundreds I have in my digital library. Stuff I bought on sale like Remake 3 and Doom Eternal. Stuff I will definitely love just not in the mood for yet.

Stuff I did enjoy and maybe did or didn’t 100% I put in a “retired” or “greatest” lists with retired being games I mostly have no intention to continue or play.

Play what vibes. Screw how huge the backlog is.

Last edited: