How many PS5 Pros will sell between Nov 7 and March 31st

How many PS5 Pros will sell between Nov 7 and March 31st

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i don't think this will be a high level product, probably 1M at best... and by the end of the gen around 7 - 8M shipped

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
it is premium console after all. don't expect more than 1M. with time, it will sell, when we will see more games.

i consider to change my opinions after SoP, if we are getting one next week. it could help to push more units if they will showcase the games for it.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko and arvfab

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Voted 2.5 to 3 though my base guess was around 3 million (assuming that many are available to purchase.) Its a product for enthusiasts who will want it new on release. Long term it will attract less casual interest than Pros did last gen, partially due to price, partially due to it offering less of an upgradeto most games than the PS4 Pro did.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Voted 2 - 2.5M units in 5 months. A lot of people will buy one for the Holidays and the hardcore fans will definitely buy it.

Reactions: Dr. E99

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Voted 2 - 2.5M units in 5 months. A lot of people will buy one for the Holidays and the hardcore fans will definitely buy it.

Same. My exact reasoning as well. It's gonna get a Christmas bump. If it weren't releasing during the Holidays, I'd say like 1M or a little more.

Reactions: peter42O

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Start off with 1-2 million. After that all eyes will be on whether there is going to be a GTA 6 PS5 Pro bundle. I think there will be and both the pro and the standard will get bundled with the game. Overall, the PS5 pro will make up only around 10 to 15 percent of the overall PS5 hardware sales which I think is where Sony has it based off of what the PS4 pro did.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
By march, they sell at least a million including mine lol. I think 2 million before GTA6 will be decent
Ill be buying in January as Ill be traveling till then

24 Jun 2022
I picked 1-1.5 million, trending to the higher end estimate. However, I think sales will slow down heavily after that at the current price, with a modest boost once GTA6 releases.

PS4 Pro, IIRC, did ~ 14 million in sales, but had some factors going for it the PS5 Pro does not. Especially if it keeps the $699 price the whole time (or doesn't drop too far below it), PS5 Pro probably won't net past 10-11 million lifetime sales by end of 2028. And that's assuming SIE's multiplat strategy "only" remains as it currently is. If they for whatever reason start pushing Day 1 PC for most non-GAAS titles, for example, that is going to have a direct impact on Pro sales and could skew the number further down by a million, or lifetime totals of 9-10 million.

Some of that's also taking PS5 lifetime totals into account, too. High Pro price might convince more to get a regular PS5, but as-is PS5 (including the Pro) seems like it'll tap out around 110-112 million. That's with an extra year on the market PS4 didn't have. If there are yet further price increases for the regular system, that number'll probably drop down closer to 105-108 million. Any increases in the PC strategy would more affect Pro sales, while general price increases would more affect non-Pro sales.

Start off with 1-2 million. After that all eyes will be on whether there is going to be a GTA 6 PS5 Pro bundle. I think there will be and both the pro and the standard will get bundled with the game. Overall, the PS5 pro will make up only around 10 to 15 percent of the overall PS5 hardware sales which I think is where Sony has it based off of what the PS4 pro did.

A GTA6 PS5/Pro bundle makes as much sense as COD in Game Pass. AKA, it doesn't make any sense.

GTA6 is going to break sales records all on its own as a B2P product, and T2 will want to hype sales numbers to investors. Circana doesn't count bundles as part of the B2P unit sales, meaning any GTA6 bundle is one less copy T2 can use in their fiscal reports in a way to show off B2P sales.

There'll be a GTA6/PS5 bundle eventually, but not until probably a year or so after the game's initially out, probably timed to coincide with any eventual PC and/or Switch 2 port.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Sony going to have to give Rockstar a lot of money if they want to bundle. Rockstar is going to bend them over. They don't need them for that.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Whatever is available will sell out.

If not gamers then scalpers.

3.5 million plus sold in 5 months is a certain if they are available.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Chances Sony does another sale for the standard PS5s this holiday? Here in the US the PS5 has already gone on sale at different times already.