How Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 taps into the power of PS5

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It doesn't matter what the specific tech is when the end result is varying degrees of controller shaking (also known as "rumble")

Of course it matters.

Variance in the controller shaking is not what is happening. It operates similar to a Tranducer which is why sound can also be created using the DualSense. In Returnal, you can hear raindrops coming from the controller. Not the speaker, the controller. You can't do that with the standard rumble technology.

So no, it isn't just rumbling. Its different frequency tones and sound. When you walk over a rocks you're feeling a different frequency tone than walking on sand or grass. Like literal diferrence.

Like i said it's fine if you don't care for it and you're not that impressed. But the DualSense is not the same as the regular controller rumbling we've had for years.

Reactions: Umar and Gamernyc78

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
So no, it isn't just rumbling. Its different frequency tones and sound. When you walk over a rocks you're feeling a different frequency tone than walking on sand or grass. Like literal diferrence.

Like i said it's fine if you don't care for it and you're not that impressed. But the DualSense is not the same as the regular controller rumbling we've had for years.

We were specifically talking about the rumble and how that feels, and it feels like slightly more nuanced rumble. I'm not sure what else to tell you I'm glad the tech impresses you

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
We were specifically talking about the rumble and how that feels, and it feels like slightly more nuanced rumble. I'm not sure what else to tell you I'm glad the tech impresses you
your such a goddamn hater.

I don't think I have ever met anyone in life that hates

Lets Go Start GIF

• Informative
  • haha
Reactions: Nym and Gamernyc78

Nym

21 Jun 2022
your such a goddamn hater.

I don't think I have ever met anyone in life that hates

Lets Go Start GIF

To be fair, I did think the stuff in Astro was cool, walking on different materials and stuff. It's like the only time I've ever thought rumble was cool, but in general I like to prioritize battery life

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
To be fair, I did think the stuff in Astro was cool, walking on different materials and stuff. It's like the only time I've ever thought rumble was cool, but in general I like to prioritize battery life
yep, Astro was an incredible implementation of the device, we really need more games like that.

• brain
Reactions: Nym

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Once again it’s not rumbling it’s actual frequency tones and it can produce sound.

What you’re saying it does is wrong.

It’s as simple as that.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Once again it’s not rumbling it’s actual frequency tones and it can produce sound.

What you’re saying it does is wrong.

It’s as simple as that.

It does both and we were talking about how the physical sensations feel. That's fantastic that they have new ways to produce sound in my controller for me to turn off

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
It does both and we were talking about how the physical sensations feel. That's fantastic that they have new ways to produce sound in my controller for me to turn off

I don’t know why you keep saying what we were talking about? The whole conversation is about the controller and how it works.

• Informative
Reactions: Nym
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Bacon on topic, this game is going to engulf me abd take up my time for weeks!!! And months.