How Much Microsoft Needs to Pay to Have Games on Day One on Gamepass (Leak)

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
With all these leaks... that one was the more interesting to me.
They were fucked from the start.

GTA V - $12-$15M/mth
Red Dead 2 - $5M/mth
Suicide Squad - $250M
Star Wars Jedi Survivor - $300M
Mortal Kombat 1 - $250M
Baldur's Gate 3 - $5M (well before huge success)
Gotham Knights - $30M
Assassin's Creed Rift - $100M
GTA V - $12-$15M/mth
Dying Light 2 - $50M
LEGO Star Wars - $35M
Dragon Ball: The Breakers - $20M
Return to Moneky Island - $5M
Wreckfest 2 - $10-$14M
Just Dance - $5M
Blood Runner - $5M
Glitch Busters - $5M

5pUPP4Q_d.webp

j44u2vwnrept.jpeg

tnfhm2q0yfx7.jpeg

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Meanwhile the biggest Sony games were cheaper to develop then what Microsoft paid to get Star Wars and Suicide Squad on Gamepass. Talk about a gross misuse of resources.
Nice point... they pay more for some games to be Gamepass Day One than what you need to create a new AAA game from the ground.
Think about to killing the gaming industry.

Imagine the amount of AAA games that Xbots could have without Gamepass.

PS. It can even make a Meme... with Gamepass zero games... without Gamepass several games.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Jedi Survivor is an interesting case.

They estimated they had to play $300 million to have it Day One on Gamepass.
Give up on that.
But it can enter now on Gamepass.

How much they will pay for the post-release (not day one) deal? Should be interesting to see the difference.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Zzero

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Did they get any of those games? Seems like third parties dont want anything to do with gamepass even with a big payout.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
The way they treat gaming is disgusting, there is no care for the health of the industry.

If they can't be number 1, they want to burn it down or don't give a crap if it is in ruins due to their careless actions.
The way they want to blow Nintendo like Nokia sounds hostile as hell to me.

Hope LDP take notes and actually bring this up in hearings, I am tired of cricket sounds of government of Japan, seem like only place can at least guard this diseases from spreadinf.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Phil doesn't even know who is "driving" the potential Game Pass acquisition list. And, as mentioned, they are spending more money getting a third party game on the service than it should cost to develop a killer internal AAA game. "Should" being the key word here. But still, come on. This company is run so poorly.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Meanwhile the biggest Sony games were cheaper to develop then what Microsoft paid to get Star Wars and Suicide Squad on Gamepass. Talk about a gross misuse of resources.

That's not what they paid for those games, that's the expectation they had. Those games have not / won't be releasing day 1 on gamepass.

Reactions: Bryank75

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
didn't they get the monkey island game? *e and cities skylines 2
They got at least some form of marketing with Suicide Squad too, didn't they? Leave it up to them to pick literally the worst option. And it also got delayed, killing its original purpose as an early year Starfield replacement.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Well I imagine they make a shit tonne of money for Ubisoft & that's why they release them so often so to have them launch on a subscription service that could potentially tank sales is going to cost alot
only for xbox and pc tho. i imagine 60% of their sales are on ps.