How successful sales wise do you think Rise of Ronin will be?

How successful do you think it will be in terms of sales?

• Total voters

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1710055569307.png
How successful do you think Rise of Ronin will be? Seeing Sony doing good with their 2nd/3rd party exclusives I wonder how good it will sell, thoughts?

Attachments

• 1710055550128.png
    1710055550128.png
    83 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think off the back of quality 3rd party exclusives like Rebirth and Helldivers, it'll sell well.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The hype for Dragons Dogma keeps growing. They need to move the date already. Sony is way too stubborn.

I have both already fully paid at the store so I'm not talking about my situation but on the market there will be a VS battle + console wars because Ronin is exclusive. Bad situation.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I think there are too many good games in a short period; households only have x amount of disposable cash atm.

I think the game will be excellent, but I have a feeling the sales will be down a lot.

i have no idea what Sony has in the pipeline for later this year, maybe there are some big games hiding in the wings but yer, first quarter has been crazy good with amazing releases.

i almost feel like it should be pushed back a bit, to let consumers breath.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I think there are too many good games in a short period; households only have x amount of disposable cash atm.

I think the game will be excellent, but I have a feeling the sales will be down a lot.

i have no idea what Sony has in the pipeline for later this year, maybe there are some big games hiding in the wings but yer, first quarter has been crazy good with amazing releases.

i almost feel like it should be pushed back a bit, to let consumers breath.

This year Sony has GOT 2,Astro Bot 2,Last Of Us 3 and Gran Turismo 8

Source: I saw it in my dream

Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

i know we joke but was there not something recently about an Astro game coming this year?

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Brek even. Way too much releases. Dragon dogma ll steal its thunder.

I dont see much talk about it online. Even less marketing.
They should have priced it cheaper.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
i know we joke but was there not something recently about an Astro game coming this year?

All we have is a job listing on linkedin and that's about it, 4 years of silence. I'm hoping we get something soon

Reactions: Sircaw

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Vote with the wallet. Haters shut up the same day devs release sale numbers.

Doing My Part GIF by MOODMAN

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Sony never revealed the sales numbers for days gone and bloodborne despite both of them selling 7 million
GT sport was the other wierd one.

Sold over 12 million, yet not a peep from sony.

I think ronin will do alright.

Team ninja games aren't really big sellers and it's a pretty congested q1.

I'm getting it day one. have no interest in dragons dogma.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Sony has a knack for releasing their games close to other major games. It'll make a profit, definitely. But won't do crazy numbers.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Nioh, Tsushima and Sekiro all did more than what you would think these games would. Sekiro having sold thru 8 million in like a year being super impressive if I recall.

With shogun popping off as the only good show currently airing being a huge notable piece of hype too..

Ronin will do better than expected. It’ll also get the PS5 rub… most ps5 exclusives will do well because they are in fact ps5 exclusive and it’s the one console to rule them all.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
View attachment 4490
How successful do you think Rise of Ronin will be? Seeing Sony doing good with their 3rd party exclusives I wonder how good it will sell, thoughts?
It really would be nice to see it become successful, one of the things I'm noticing is that team ninja has made it nice and efficient for more players.

There's different and really cool ways to travel, that are fast and almost fantasy like, which is awesome.

The visuals people comment on that it looks ps4 type, which I get but it's fits the narrative, and in this setting it looks decent.

This will clearly be different from Nioh as there's difficulty modes, as well as more quality based weapons and focusing more on world building and RPG aspects unlike nioh where its loot and skill tree focused.

I'm looking forward to it, to say the least!

Reactions: Gamernyc78

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024

Sony has confirmed no huge franchise sequels though, until 2025.

But I really really hope that a new IP will be released, I think concord will be nice iteration on a PVP FPS, hopefully we get gameplay.

And until dawn remake is coming which looks amazing atleast from the images that are compared to the original, it looks like night and day.

But let's hope we atleast see some announcements. Albeit, this is goes HARD with the third party exclusives from FF7 rebirth, to Silent hill 2.