I have a feeling this Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster will launch with the PS5 Pro

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
will have forbidden west graphics and improved animations

i'm on the fence if i'll get this or not, i love the Horizon ip and would love to replay Zero Dawn with Forbidden West graphics, but they'll likely charge $60 for it like they're doing with Until Dawn
Maybe... I'll be getting it anyway though!

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
what you guys think? get or pass?
iGscWs4.jpeg
Get it!

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The initial leaks suggested a remake, which was surprising.

But a remaster for current gen and likely a PS5 Pro patch day one to show off the new capabilities make a whole lotta sense.

I assume they will offer an upgrade path for it, like TLoU Part 2.

But since the game is already on PC, the question will be how will they approach the upgrade path for it there? Is there a precedent for upgrade paths for remasters on PC?

It would be a bad look if they offered the upgrade free on PC but charge for it on PlayStation.

Reactions: Neversummer

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah agree, obviously with the PS5 Pro enhancements they touted for FW. Skybox of Burning Shores and improvements in texture quality and models would make a difference.

I never got to play the Frozen Wilds and held off playing it on Plus knowing this would come. If they packed it in for free with the Pro would be great but no chance, depends on the price for me, I generally don't pay full price for remakes/remasters. But I do like having full trilogies on one console.

Wonder if they put in features from the sequel like the glider, better climbing and underwater in this as well.
The sky box improvements were for the flying mount though, so unless they back port some features to Zero Dawn, I don't know if it will benefit.

Also no underwater swimming in Zero Dawn.

They would have to make big changes to the game to add all those in, more akin to a remake than a remaster.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
The sky box improvements were for the flying mount though, so unless they back port some features to Zero Dawn, I don't know if it will benefit.

Also no underwater swimming in Zero Dawn.

They would have to make big changes to the game to add all those in, more akin to a remake than a remaster.

It benefits the standard game visuals since you have a outlook on the sky and it being more realistic from 2D info going to voxel based which they could't due to the PS4 to what they achieved on PS5. While it does not impact gameplay, the visuals and lighting will. They back ported it to the base game FW with Burning Shores and you can tell the clear difference between PS4 tech and PS5's.

Horizon-Forbidden-West_-Burning-Shores-PS5---DF-Tech-Review---A-Visual-Masterclass-3-47-screenshot.png

Horizon-Forbidden-West_-Burning-Shores-PS5---DF-Tech-Review---A-Visual-Masterclass-3-52-screenshot.png

The other features are gameplay wise so less likely, a glider would be easy to add but imo if you charge people money, you better put in the work.

24 Jun 2022
Its a negative chap

I ve already played the game and have zero interest even with ps5pro enhancement

Show horizon 3, new killzone game, or new ip

Sick to death with these remakes

Its boring boring boring boring boring

The problem isn't even just remakes in general, but the specific games SIE are remaking.

IMO, TLOU didn't need a remake. Part 2 didn't need a remaster. HZD doesn't need a remaster/remake. All of the originals are still perfectly playable and should get enhancements from running BC on newer hardware.

Where is the Ico remake? Jet Moto remake? Syphon Filter remake? Legend of Dragoon remake? It's classic PS1-early PS3 games that would benefit the most from modern remakes, on a technical level.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The problem isn't even just remakes in general, but the specific games SIE are remaking.

IMO, TLOU didn't need a remake. Part 2 didn't need a remaster. HZD doesn't need a remaster/remake. All of the originals are still perfectly playable and should get enhancements from running BC on newer hardware.

Where is the Ico remake? Jet Moto remake? Syphon Filter remake? Legend of Dragoon remake? It's classic PS1-early PS3 games that would benefit the most from modern remakes, on a technical level.

I wouldn't mind these Remakes/Remasters if we had remakes of Ico, Legend of Dragoon, Killzone, Syphon Filter, etc etc. I get they did TLOU1 to hit TV audience and seemed to do well. But still, Id rather have those older games remade.

TLOU2 remaster doesnt seem much work like the Horizon and TLOU Part 1 needed though etc

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
A remake would ruin Ico. The hazy, grainy low resolution IQ is perfect for the game. Wish I still had a CRT to play it properly on the PS2.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I wouldn't mind these Remakes/Remasters if we had remakes of Ico, Legend of Dragoon, Killzone, Syphon Filter, etc etc. I get they did TLOU1 to hit TV audience and seemed to do well. But still, Id rather have those older games remade.

TLOU2 remaster doesnt seem much work like the Horizon and TLOU Part 1 needed though etc
This is the same company that re released morbius , Its better off those classics are left in the past. Modern Sony will only ruin legend of dragoon and ico.

The last of us remastered for the ps4 was a perfectly playable game but they remade it for a fucking tv show. Goes to show where their priorities lie, Honestly the sooner druckmann fucks off to hollyweird the better of playstation will be.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Horizon remaster will be the key game for the Pro, what a disaster.

That state of play bout to be mass downvoted & clowned on.

Horizon remaster PC day 1
Freedom wars remaster PC day 1
Fairgames PC day 1

What else Spider-Man 2 for 2025? Oh & I can see that Horizon remaster going to Switch 2. What’s even the point in buying PS consoles & investing in the platform when it’s the worse place to play PS games & the most expensive + the PS platform itself don’t have exclusive. The PS5 “has no games “ meme becomes true day by day

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
which is going to flop, they are chasing trends again with a monster hunter clone
Also charging $40 for multiplayer when most games are free to play. Maybe horizon online can survive $40 because people know about the franchise but marathon being $40 seems like another concord where players aren’t into extraction shooters + unknown franchise + $40 price tag + all the negative stigma w Bungie

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Horizon remaster will be the key game for the Pro, what a disaster.

That state of play bout to be mass downvoted & clowned on.

Horizon remaster PC day 1
Freedom wars remaster PC day 1
Fairgames PC day 1

What else Spider-Man 2 for 2025? Oh & I can see that Horizon remaster going to Switch 2. What’s even the point in buying PS consoles & investing in the platform when it’s the worse place to play PS games & the most expensive + the PS platform itself don’t have exclusive. The PS5 “has no games “ meme becomes true day by day
you can thank this motherf**ker here

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

We rarely agree but in this regard, I agree with you 100%. But please add Resistance and the Jak & Daxter trilogy. Thanks. :)