I have been thru 3 Dual Sense Controllers since launch

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
i bought one of these

61JuR0uX6+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I seriously doubt you are having 5-6 hour long gaming sessions, just drop it on the charge after an hour or two of play, always be good.

PS5 Charging Station, OIVO 2H Fast PS5 Controller Charger for Playstation 5 Dualsense Controller
They totally charge the controller in 40 mins, an amazing bit of kit.

Cost me 14 bucks on black Friday.
Yeah I have the Sony one but it's just like this. It's fantastic, don't have to think about charging, ever. I, too, do not understand the "you only get six hours of charge!" complaint. Like ... if you're playing that long in one sitting I feel like you have some issues. :p

maxeverblack

27 Jan 2023
My launch controller broke because one of my kids grabbed it & threw it onto the tile floor. Swapped it out like 2 years ago & I have the Purple one since it released, no issues here.
I don’t like the DS3 or 4 & have always preferred the Xbox controller, the DS5 changed that for me & I love this thing.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Had trigger issues on 2 v1 controllers. Sony swapped out with v2 without fuss and been going trouble free since….touch wood.

As others have mentioned having 2 controllers, one always docked for a hot swap has never surfaced battery concerns for me since ps4.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yeah I have the Sony one but it's just like this. It's fantastic, don't have to think about charging, ever. I, too, do not understand the "you only get six hours of charge!" complaint. Like ... if you're playing that long in one sitting I feel like you have some issues. :p
I had to buy a second controller as a forced bundle when I bought my PS5 and it's still new in the box. I thought I would swap them when the battery dies but I never needed it.

My ass can't handle sitting that long 😁

Reactions: Sircaw and Dr Bass

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
i bought one of these

I only have one dual sense and I use the USB C cable that came with the console and either plug it into the console itself (if playing) or a wall charger if not playing at the moment. I don't plug it in after every session (something something Li Ion batteries can lose life quickly if not charged fully) and only do it when it gets a low battery warning.

And based on my time so far it usually takes 6~7 hours before I start getting that warning. The battery life on the dualsense is very short.

Comparatively I have 4 rechargable eneloop batteries for the Xbox pad, 2 always stay in the controller and 2 in the wall charger. One charge of that gives a decent 10~12 hour charge and I just replace with the other two when one pair is done.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I only have one dual sense and I use the USB C cable that came with the console and either plug it into the console itself (if playing) or a wall charger if not playing at the moment. I don't plug it in after every session (something something Li Ion batteries can lose life quickly if not charged fully) and only do it when it gets a low battery warning.

And based on my time so far it usually takes 6~7 hours before I start getting that warning. The battery life on the dualsense is very short.

Comparatively I have 4 rechargable eneloop batteries for the Xbox pad, 2 always stay in the controller and 2 in the wall charger. One charge of that gives a decent 10~12 hour charge and I just replace with the other two when one pair is done.
None of these situations sounds like it would be a problem for anyone. What is your point?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
None of these situations sounds like it would be a problem for anyone. What is your point?
Yeah, you can buy 4000mha batteries.cost peanuts. 5min to change it too.
Or you can buy even cheaper 2650mha, which holds 60% longer.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

I used to play with the cable always in and got sick of always bumping it with my hand.

That little charger is a game-changer, tbh I can not imagine not having one now, it makes running out of juice completely obsolete.

The dual-sense battery life is very short does not matter in the slightest, the device I have can sit right next to your ps5 or your pc, as soon as you are finished gaming, stick it on the device, it literally takes 2 seconds. none of that rechargeable battery-swapping bullshit or having to worry about inserting or taking out a cable.

Again to this point, there is no way you are doing 7-hour gaming sessions at once, so get one of these devices and you will never have to make a post about battery life ever again.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I used to play with the cable always in and got sick of always bumping it with my hand.

That little charger is a game-changer, tbh I can not imagine not having one now, it makes running out of juice completely obsolete.

The dual-sense battery life is very short does not matter in the slightest, the device I have can sit right next to your ps5 or your pc, as soon as you are finished gaming, stick it on the device, it literally takes 2 seconds. none of that rechargeable battery-swapping bullshit or having to worry about inserting or taking out a cable.

Again to this point, there is no way you are doing 7-hour gaming sessions at once, so get one of these devices and you will never have to make a post about battery life ever again.
They know but these xbots like their duracell so they have to find something to complain about. Let them have it. I'd rather throw away my controller than deal with that shit.

2f02568cff4f1ae729b029bc14f28c40.jpg

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Own 2, a month after launch my trigger spring broke on one.

Turned off trigger effects after that, shitty gimmick I don't need if it's going to impact the controller life.

I have never had an issue with an analog stick in my life.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022

No, I said I only put it on charge when the low battery warning comes up. If I get a second controller then I'll probably get a charger so one is always on standby. But that's probably black friday or something this year.

They like bacause m$ has contract with battery maker.
The day m$ would move from batteries, the narrative would change quickly

It's called choice, it's versatile.

You only have the one option so you don't really have much of a choice other than licking its boot 🤷‍♂️

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
No, I said I only put it on charge when the low battery warning comes up. If I get a second controller then I'll probably get a charger so one is always on standby. But that's probably black friday or something this year.
This just does not make sense at all.

Why would you not just place the controller on the charger that is right next to the tv, the next time you come back to play its on full charge, why are you making extra work for yourself?

It takes you 2 seconds to place the controller on the charger. Its extremely easy, a three-year-old child could probably do it

Are you playing 7-hour gaming sessions, NO, why would you buy another controller when you can do the job with just 1?

Your logic is so weird lol.

Play for 3 hours, take a break, Put on the controller for 20 mins, play another 3 hours put the controller on again for 10 mins, play for another 3 hours, take a break, put the controller on for 30 mins, play for 5 hours,

God dammit adam, you're making excuses and problems for no reason.

This is such a superior method to your solutions.

I sense this is because it's a PlayStation controller.

Pj Washington Sport GIF by Charlotte Hornets

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Play for 3 hours, take a break, Put on the controller for 20 mins, play another 3 hours put the controller on again for 10 mins, play for another 3 hours, take a break, put the controller on for 30 mins, play for 5 hour

I don't have advertising revenue piling up to have that kind of time fish !! 😬

I sense this is because it's a PlayStation controller

Your sense has an edge to it 🤔

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't have advertising revenue piling up to have that kind of time fish !! 😬

Your sense has an edge to it 🤔
Jokes aside the solution is the best.

You should do it, there is no reason to make life more difficult for yourself.