I just finished God of War (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Good Morning gents!

Well that was incredible!
As some of you know, I just got my PS5 last week. I chose God Of War to be my first experience on the new console, even though it is a PS4 game (could have fooled me).

Getting use to the controller after being a Xbox Vet for 19 years was my first struggle, however I started to adapt quite quickly after starting the basics of combat.
My god, the world, the dialogue and the story itself is just amazing, the journey from beginning to end had me totally engaged! I loved the depth of the combat, every battle is just so satisfying!
I love Norse mythology (AC Valhalla didnt do it for me). So this was a very welcome experience. Bravo Sony and to the team at Santa Monica this is an absolute gem.

THIS, is the kind of content and stories Xbox are missing from there portfolios right now.

I still have end game to grind out - mainly Valkyries and armor - any tips are welcome.

GIVE ME RAGNAROK!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Good Morning gents!

As some of you know, I just got my PS5 last week. I chose God Of War to be my first experience on the new console, even though it is a PS4 game (could have fooled me).

Getting use to the controller after being a Xbox Vet for 19 years was my first struggle, however I started to adapt quite quickly after starting the basics of combat.
My god, the world, the dialogue and the story itself is just amazing, the journey from beginning to end had me totally engaged! I loved the depth of the combat, every battle is just so satisfying!
I love Norse mythology (AC Valhalla didnt do it for me). So this was a very welcome experience. Bravo Sony and to the team at Santa Monica this is an absolute gem.

THIS, is the kind of content and stories Xbox are missing from there portfolios right now.

I still have end game to grind out - mainly Valkyries and armor - any tips are welcome.

GIVE ME RAGNAROK!
Chuft to bits you enjoyed it, it's one hell of a ride.

you are going to love the Vakyaries, the last fight is just so good.

do you have a favorite part in the game, i personally really liked the banter between those err two dwarfs or what ever the hell they are, the smiths lol,

Kretos

The Legend - Scourge of the Green Rats
21 Jun 2022
Welcome to the light side, the best place to play

giphy.gif

play Bloodborne and Ghost of Tsushima next, you're still missing a lot

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Welcome to the light side, the best place to play

giphy.gif

play Bloodborne next
i will second this, also it might be a bit older but the uncharted series was really good, especially no 2.

And not sure if it is your cup of tea, but I really like Final fantasy 7 remake, the first thirty minutes were a bit cringe but to me, it turned into one of the best games i think i have played.

But yer, if you have the stones, do what @Kretos says, Bloodborne, its fantastic, as long as you are not a game journo.

OP
OP
Lord Mittens

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
i will second this, also it might be a bit older but the uncharted series was really good, especially no 2.

And not sure if it is your cup of tea, but I really like Final fantasy 7 remake, the first thirty minutes were a bit cringe but to me, it turned into one of the best games i think i have played.

But yer, if you have the stones, do what @Kretos says, Bloodborne, its fantastic, as long as you are not a game journo.

FF7 in general is my favourite! I held out hoping it would come to Xbox but narp PS it is!
Bloodborne is on my radar - I love souls games

I have a lot to catch up on! But I think Ghosts could be my next one?

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw
P

peter42O

Congratulations on getting a PlayStation 5. Is it your first PlayStation console?

If so, like others have said, I recommend all the Uncharted games, Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, The Last of Us Part 1 and Part 2 even though I would just wait for the remake in September if you never played the 2013 masterpiece. Then, obviously Part 2. Also, Spider Man 2018 and Miles Morales. Ratchet & Clank 2016 and Rift Apart. Returnal is also a great game but im not into roguelike games at all so sadly, that ended up being a $70 loss. There's definitely others. Depends on how far back you're willing to go. Also recommend Kena: Bridge of Spirits even though this is not a Sony first party game. If you like twin stick shooters, I recommend Alienation, Dead Nation and Nex Machina.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
FF7 in general is my favourite! I held out hoping it would come to Xbox but narp PS it is!
Bloodborne is on my radar - I love souls games

I have a lot to catch up on! But I think Ghosts could be my next one?
not played ghosts single player but i played the multiplayer version of it online, was extremely well made for a free online experience.

It is one of the games i am looking forward to when i sub to their subscription model.

Also, don't forget Returnal, alot of people say its extremely good, @Bo_Hazem being one of them, i think he was one of the first players to finish the game when it came out, and its meant to be very hard/challenging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Lord Mittens

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Congratulations on getting a PlayStation 5. Is it your first PlayStation console?

If so, like others have said, I recommend all the Uncharted games, Horizon Zero Dawn, Horizon Forbidden West, Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade, Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, The Last of Us Part 1 and Part 2 even though I would just wait for the remake in September if you never played the 2013 masterpiece. Then, obviously Part 2. Also, Spider Man 2018 and Miles Morales. Ratchet & Clank 2016 and Rift Apart. Returnal is also a great game but im not into roguelike games at all so sadly, that ended up being a $70 loss. There's definitely others. Depends on how far back you're willing to go. Also recommend Kena: Bridge of Spirits even though this is not a Sony first party game. If you like twin stick shooters, I recommend Alienation, Dead Nation and Nex Machina.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First PS console since PS3. I didn't have it for long and only played MGS4 and God of War 3 on it.
So I have missed out on all the amazing stuff! Thank you for the recommendations!

Reactions: peter42O

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

For sure!!!
Play all uc games in order! Don’t jump just to 4.
Ff7 remake is god.
The last guardian!
Returnal and new ratchet !

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you Peter, you made a better reply than mine

yep, listen to his games list, really really solid list. (y)

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Good Morning gents!

The level of detail is just on another level.
The only thing lackluster is the illumination.
Getting use to the controller after being a Xbox Vet for 19 years
I am sorry for you.

was my first struggle, however I started to adapt quite quickly after starting the basics of combat.
I did struggle as well. (Like the first 2 hours) I was adapting to the control scheme.

Is not just that. Is and absolute achievement in every level. Why?

Because they not only reinvented the franchise. They were making the game engine at the same time. This is fucking crazy.

Right Now? 😆.

All killer no filler.

GIVE ME RAGNAROK!
I have said this many times. Theoretically; Ragnarok should be way better than this game. Should earn a greater Meta score.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
It's great that you enjoyed the game. I was also amazed when I played it, just loved it. Muspelheim and Niflheim are great places to get your strength up. You can also create some pretty strong armor in Niflheim which will help with the Valkyrie fights. You're in for a treat with those! They're tough but fair and feel so incredibly rewarding to beat.

P

peter42O

First PS console since PS3. I didn't have it for long and only played MGS4 and God of War 3 on it.
So I have missed out on all the amazing stuff! Thank you for the recommendations
You're welcome. There's a lot of great games to choose from.

One other game I forgot to mention - The Order 1886. I enjoyed it more than most but 7+ years later, it's still a visual showcase. Think of it as Sony's version of Ryse: Son of Rome but with shooting instead of melee combat.
Damn you Peter, you made a better reply than mine

yep, listen to his games list, really really solid list. (y)
Thanks Sircaw. :)

• party
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Good Morning gents!

GIVE ME RAGNAROK!

Wait till you do the Valkyries and hidden bosses. Oh and there are more dragons.

I honestly dont know what to tell you in terms of your next game lol. There's just so many, Spiderman remastered is another one from start to finish has an amazing well written well balanced story and side missions with bosses are great.

I think Ghost or FF7:Intergrade should be your next game. FF7R has some of the cleanest graphics iv seen in unreal engine. Ghost is by far has some of the best sound effects, soundtrack.

Reactions: Sircaw
Status
Not open for further replies.