I said that Steam doesn't have State of Plays or Showcases: I was wrong

thicc_girls_are_teh_best

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Jun 2022
There is nothing that Japan Studios did for Bloodborne that can't be done by xdev or by FromSoftware themselves in the future.

You don't want to look at the credits, because it exposes the fact that you're wrong.

So you admit you were wrong? Because XDEV taking up some of Japan Studio's responsibilities in a future collaboration doesn't mean Japan Studio didn't help co-develop Bloodborne on some level.

Which is what you were saying...

...which was 100% factually wrong.

I'm critical of SIE when it's appropriate to criticize them and I criticize them often.

Could've fooled me, because you almost never do it 🤷‍♂️

I do think they should announce something re: Bloodborne. I think it's a no brainer and that they should have announced it after the success of Elden Ring.

More importantly, I think they should have bought FromSoftware and they've had many opportunities to do so.

Knowing you this is just because you think they should do a PC port to Steam. At which point SIE wouldn't have much anything else to offer WRT ports they'd likely want aside Demon's Souls Remake (which is already on the Nvidia leak).

That's kind of why Until Dawn got a remake, actually: primarily for PC. These aren't console-first decisions by SIE and that's where they've been making a lot of their mistakes their gen.

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
Co-development implies that they were instrumental in the design and programming of this game. They weren't. Nor are they crucial to remaking it or creating a sequel. Hence why saying co-development is misleading.

IT is part of development and no one is going to say the IT team were co-developers on this.

Just stop.
They had QA teams, several types of producers, foley recordists (which is when people create custom sounds for the media with objects, such as bones being snapped using celery or carrots, bodies being eaten using a head of lettuce), all sorts of coordinators.

I would say they were more involved than you give them credit for, they did co-develop the game.

That doesn't mean the game can't be remastered or anything, just put bluepoint on it at this point. Pass off Demon's Souls to Nixxes or someone that ports with great quality while Bluepoint works on Bloodborne. That would be the better idea than releasing the industry plant Horizon in lego form, and then remastering zero dawn which didn't really need one.

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
The whole thing about Next Fests are they're a time when a bunch of games get put up for demos. For some people, who really like previewing games before playing, this is a good event.

Personally, I'd rather just watch a few trailers, and read some reviews before buying and going in with fresh eyes.