IconEra Pride Month Close Out Party - The Last of Us 2 Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
Since today is the last day of Pride month I figure it would be fun to go out with a bang!
fur3.png

I figure in honor of pride month it would be fun to focus on the ONLY AAA LGBTQIA+ protagonist that I know of
The-Last-of-Us-Part-2-1.jpg

The Queen Ellie!

I was originally thinking about turning this thread into a complaint on the lack of AAA LGBTQIA+ protagonists but I want this to be celebratory so I'll save that for another day.
Let's just talk about why Ellie is such a good character and why Sony and Naughty Dog were so brave to step out and actually produce such a raw and passion game.

lastofus0110141280jpg-1e07d7_160w.jpg

Ellie was an obvious lesbian from Last of Us part 1 where we experienced the heartfelt tragedy of her losing her friend and amore Riley
The_Last_of_Us_Left_Behind_-_Ellie_and_Riley_kiss.jpg

She is the first protagonist in a AAA video game that is canonically lesbian and not one of those dragon age or assassins creed type that "oh it's up to you" but then their canon usually washes that all away stuff.

nTWyhY2mDTVCrW8KSCYpjG-1200-80.jpg

Ellie and Joel were one of the best daddy daughter relationships ever written and anyone who played the Last of Us can agree that we all felt our heartstrings plucked at watching their bond form and bond.
ellie-and-joel.jpg

We get to watch her fall in love with the equally well written Dina

eb80d86775cc29f7ae6fa339c1b6c546.jpg

And her life is torn apart when she loses her father figure to Abby
why-did-abby-kill-joel-the-last-of-us-part-2-1633124436638.jpeg

We feel her rage and heartbreak as she is forced to spectate her father be beaten to death.
A path of bloodlust eventually leads her to a halt where shes able to find some semblance of peace and quiet with Dina and their newly adopted child

the-last-of-us-2-ellie-dina-jj.jpg

But the trauma of watching her father figure be beaten to death in front of her eyes was too much and she pursues Abby and she risks losing her new family

maxresdefault.jpg

last-us-2-ending-ellie-guitar.jpg

Finally Ellie is alone due to the consequences of her decisions and cannot even play the one thing that brought her peace of mind due to her new injury caused by Abby.

I personally am still hoping for a director cut or DLC where Ellie is able to patch things up with Dina but who knows if well ever get one.

If you haven't played The Last of Us 2 I highly recommend you do and I hope I didn't spoil it it for you! I hope you all had an amazing pride month IconEra!

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They still have 2 games in the saga, IMO

1 - TLOU Pt III, which I'd love if it focused on Abby and Ellie, with them reconciling in the end, or at least forgiving each other
2 - TLOU Prequel, with Joel, set just after outbreak day and covering the first few months / years.

I wouldn't need anything else from this saga if these released.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Love this game. Hopefully they make a PS5 port.

And someday, a Part III.

What could they do with Part 3?
Feels like Ellie’s story is finished.I don’t think Ellie or Abbey are going after each other again. Both had their chance to kill each other

• brain
Reactions: EbonyRainbow

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Amazing games

Id love a prequel to either TLOU1 or TLOU2.
Or new take somewhere else in the world. Or even somewhere else in the USA, based on new characters

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: EbonyRainbow
24 Jun 2022
Love this game. Hopefully they make a PS5 port.

And someday, a Part III.

Isn't the PS4 version BC on PS5 with some updates? At least 60 FPS IIRC?

What could they do with Part 3?
Feels like Ellie’s story is finished.I don’t think Ellie or Abbey are going after each other again. Both had their chance to kill each other

Maybe focus on a world in the process of deploying an actual cure, but some sick nutjobs want things to remain as they are?

I wished stuff like TWD actually got to the point of a cure developing, or the zombies becoming more complex (like Big Daddy in Land of the Dead) and seeing the characters start to work with that and have to start considering zombies as something other than a threat.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

Maybe focus on a world in the process of deploying an actual cure, but some sick nutjobs want things to remain as they are?

I wished stuff like TWD actually got to the point of a cure developing, or the zombies becoming more complex (like Big Daddy in Land of the Dead) and seeing the characters start to work with that and have to start considering zombies as something other than a threat.

and I always thought Ellies immunity would be a bigger part of the story in part 2....

I agree a cure situation could lead to very interesting plot points and the human behavior resulting from it.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Yeah its a locked 60 with an added 3D audio mix option, so it plays wonderfully and sounds great.

Issue is the load times, especially compared to the Uncharted Collection.

Trying to use the encounters in Part 2 takes a while since it’s still a PS4 game.
While Uncharted loads in like 1 second since it’s a PS5 game.
And the upcoming Part 1 will also load super fast since it’s a PS5 game.

And full DualSense support would be nice. Especially since Part 1 will have it.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
and I always thought Ellies immunity would be a bigger part of the story in part 2....

I agree a cure situation could lead to very interesting plot points and the human behavior resulting from it.

100% this. They completely dropped Ellie's immunity after the beginning of the game. Why? It was the most important feature of her character arc.

That would be the best part for TLOU3. That and tracking down Abby with a machete 😈

OP
OP
EbonyRainbow

EbonyRainbow

They / Them
24 Jun 2022
100% this. They completely dropped Ellie's immunity after the beginning of the game. Why? It was the most important feature of her character arc.

That would be the best part for TLOU3. That and tracking down Abby with a machete 😈
I would rather that Abby and Ellie had to join forces and maybe use Ellie's immunity to save the world! I also want Ellie to get back with Dina but maybe a love triangle where Ellie meets anther girl that reminds her of Riley and shes torn between the two

24 Jun 2022
Yeah its a locked 60 with an added 3D audio mix option, so it plays wonderfully and sounds great.

Issue is the load times, especially compared to the Uncharted Collection.

Trying to use the encounters in Part 2 takes a while since it’s still a PS4 game.
While Uncharted loads in like 1 second since it’s a PS5 game.
And the upcoming Part 1 will also load super fast since it’s a PS5 game.

And full DualSense support would be nice. Especially since Part 1 will have it.

Ah, okay. Wonder how long the load times are specifically for it on PS5? Would've thought ND went back and updated that aspect; IIRC Supermassive did for Until Dawn and got load times down ridiculous amount on even base PS4, so we know it's all mainly in the way these devs write their file I/O in the game software engines (and also how the games handle asset loading, streaming, caching and so forth).

That and tracking down Abby with a machete 😈

LOL. But for real tho, I think Abby at least kinda "gets it" in terms of how they f'ed up with Joel. Maybe in a timeskip she loses that girl she's close with and it finally really hits home, then her and Ellie have something else in common.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I would rather that Abby and Ellie had to join forces and maybe use Ellie's immunity to save the world! I also want Ellie to get back with Dina but maybe a love triangle where Ellie meets anther girl that reminds her of Riley and shes torn between the two

Imagine if the third game is Ellie trying to redeem her sins the whole time? What if they skip a couple years ahead? Ellie ends up at some town, similar to Jackson, but shes being pursued by the new reformed Firefly? She ends up meeting some kid in town who helps her out, kid ends up being Dina's kid?

Imagine if the mid point after Dina finds out Ellie is in town, firefly's show up and ellie thinks they are there for her. But the twist later on after ellie is begged by a dying Dina to take the kid and get him/her(cant remember if it was a boy or girl) our of there that the kid is immune. So its ellie taking the role of Joel with this kid who is a little young but close to ellie's age before she met joel. The twist would be after a long journey the firefly's catch up with Ellie and they take the kid. And as elliie sneaks into their big compound finds out the kid is similar to her, and is immune.

Instead of ellie running in like Joel guns blazing like last of us part 1, she makes a deal with the leader who ends up being Marlene's daughter/son. Leader lets the kid go, and the kid goes with Tommy or someone ellie trusts. Ellie is bleeding out already, and says that they can use her body to study the effects of the virus since she is dying anyway.

Fast forward years later at the farm house outside of jackson, and there are 3 grave stones, One of ellie one for joel and one for Dina.

And it now shows the new kid basically grown up, and helping out at jackson with an older tommy and a pregnant Maria Miller.

Credits roll as new character picks up Ellie's guitar at the farm and starts playing.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Imagine if the third game is Ellie trying to redeem her sins the whole time? What if they skip a couple years ahead? Ellie ends up at some town, similar to Jackson, but shes being pursued by the new reformed Firefly? She ends up meeting some kid in town who helps her out, kid ends up being Dina's kid?

Imagine if the mid point after Dina finds out Ellie is in town, firefly's show up and ellie thinks they are there for her. But the twist later on after ellie is begged by a dying Dina to take the kid and get him/her(cant remember if it was a boy or girl) our of there that the kid is immune. So its ellie taking the role of Joel with this kid who is a little young but close to ellie's age before she met joel. The twist would be after a long journey the firefly's catch up with Ellie and they take the kid. And as elliie sneaks into their big compound finds out the kid is similar to her, and is immune.

Instead of ellie running in like Joel guns blazing like last of us part 1, she makes a deal with the leader who ends up being Marlene's daughter/son. Leader lets the kid go, and the kid goes with Tommy or someone ellie trusts. Ellie is bleeding out already, and says that they can use her body to study the effects of the virus since she is dying anyway.

Fast forward years later at the farm house outside of jackson, and there are 3 grave stones, One of ellie one for joel and one for Dina.

And it now shows the new kid basically grown up, and helping out at jackson with an older tommy and a pregnant Maria Miller.

Credits roll as new character picks up Ellie's guitar at the farm and starts playing.

Sounds very interesting... I would like something along those lines and fits very well with the tone across the first two games.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sounds very interesting... I would like something along those lines and fits very well with the tone across the first two games.

Imagine if the person she trusts thats there and helped her infiltrate firefly facility is Abbie? Imagine once Ellie sees Dina's kid get taken, she doesn't know where they would be. So she has to go to Abbie for help. And rest of the game is Abbie and Ellie working together similar to Joel and Ellie. Imagine if it's co-op?

Status
Not open for further replies.