IconEra users from across the pond, Did you download the PlayStation All-Stars Mobile game 11 years ago today?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Believe it or not 11 years ago today on August 8th, 2013 Sony released PlayStation All-Stars Island on iOS and Android in select EU territories only!
You might of not hear about this since it released in Europe only but what if I told you nearly a year after release PlayStation all stars got a cross promotional android game called "PlayStation All-Stars Island"

That big crossover was with Coke Zero. This never released in North America but is still a cool piece of Play-Station history that many don't know about!
The long forgotten sequel to PlayStation All-Stars was a mobile only game

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I didn't know it existed, or I forgot it.
Normally in mobile games they do a soft launch: a silent limited release on a few select countries to test metrics with their main target user with a small portion of their target demographics. If it performs well enough, they release it worldwide. In this case, maybe since the original tanked they also cancelled this mobile spinoff.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Played on the Vita. Game had potential but Sony didnt invest on it.
This vita game was the main 2012 battle royal game. The 2013 mobile game is sort of a spin off/sequel to the 2012 battle royal game that ps3 and vita got