If Sony released a handheld, would it take priority for you? Or would you still be mainly PS5?

Ico

8 May 2024
if there are portable exclusives i might, but since the model of having devs developing the games for both regular consoles and portable at the same time (like nintendo nowadays) being the optimal way i wouldnt see much reason to have one

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
It would be a good companion to my PS5.
Vita I played on and off during PS3-PS4, but my PSP was played a lot during the PS3 (almost equally).

Reactions: Bryank75

MrAss

24 May 2024
Why buy a PS handheld or a PS6 when you have Steamdeck/Steamdeck 2 that would play the same games & do more w a wider library + no pay online
Nobody cares about steamdeck outside of some pc gamer bubbles who pretend it's much more popular than it actually is. It cannot even reach PS VIta sales

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Evil Aloy

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Mainly PS5 but would use the portable on the go IF it played the same/scaled back games. I don't want to invest in another Vita

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
The only handheld I want from sony is the one that runs every ps4 game. If I can get my ps4 library on it day 1 and whatever else they make, it's day 1 and it might be my main console.

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
Why buy a PS handheld or a PS6 when you have Steamdeck/Steamdeck 2 that would play the same games & do more w a wider library + no pay online

Because I don't want to play them at low settings 360p at 15 fps with a battery life of 20 minutes.

Evil Aloy

3 May 2024
Nobody cares about steamdeck outside of some pc gamer bubbles who pretend it's much more popular than it actually is. It cannot even reach PS VIta sales

The Steam Deck hype is entirely manufactured by games journalists and Twitch shills. In the real world no one cares, yet if you watch any game personalities on Youtube or Twitch they mention Steam Deck constantly.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Can any portable players let me know where you play your portable and how frequently?

I have a vita for my occasional flying trips but outside of that, I'm reading, writing or punching out Z's and drooling on windows.

Back in the day the PSP/Vita was my bus/train companion to college/university, displaced either side by a few years.

Nowadays it's mostly about getting my gaming in without feeling chained to the 65" living room TV for old blindy here 24/7, much like how I imagine office workers don't want to game at a desk on PC after using it for work all the time.

Weather I'm in bed, bath, back garden('s hot tub), moving around the house doing errands, it just makes me able to grab back some precious minutes of game time, or to operate more easily.

Say for example, a cup of tea isn't this mad dash inbetween TLOU Factions matches, as I try to boil kettle and make brew as lobby filters into next match, I can take the ROG/Portal with me and sorta do a few things at once. Or if it's like WWE games where there's lots of jumping in and out of sub-modes menus (and their loading bars for each), I don't feel as chained to the game drawbacks, as while that loading bar is going up, I might be cooking or something and not have to keep one eye on the living room TV/splitting focus.

Other times these days I'm always hopping on a bus to visit friends, but it's the ROG that has to make those trips with me, with its native downloadability and storage of games. PS Portal's Remote Play Only just doesn't cut it...

• Heart
Reactions: xollowsob

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
I would probably still game more on Ps5. Assuming that it can play games natively then I would use mainly when I am out or not using my Ps5

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I can use my portal flawlessly mostly anywhere..... Don't really know how a portable console would benefit me tbh.