If Stellar Blade ends up selling more than Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (discussion on Sony lowering its standards).

MiyazakiLovesKojima

It will signal the Death of the PlayStation Community.

In other words, the standards of PlayStation Gamers will be at an all-time low.

I've seen too many rubbish qualities of Stellar Blade being handwaved by PlayStation Gamers.

Yet, when it came to Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth, I kept hearing the awful & bad faith argument of it being "disappointing".

This, for me, would make me realize PlayStation is bound to die in terms of delivering high-quality entertainment 💅

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022

I've seen too many rubbish qualities of Stellar Blade being handwaved by PlayStation Gamers.

Yet, when it came to Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth, I kept hearing the awful & bad faith argument of it being "disappointing".

This, for me, would make me realize PlayStation is bound to die in terms of delivering high-quality entertainment 💅
The narrative around FFVII:Rebirth is being manipulated by Xbots, obviously.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Cheddar Cheese Crying GIF by Dietz & Watson

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

What irks you about Stella Blade so much, you seem to have an absolute hate boner for it?

Is it because of the women and the way they are dressed or something?

I am trying to fathom what is wrong with it, the gameplay is great, the graphics are good, the sound design is apparently top notch, and the monsters in it are meant to be some of the best designed in any game to date.

And all that together and considering this is their first PlayStation game, it seems we should be supporting them not trying to take them down.

Is it because of boobs and arse?

The death of the PlayStation community, hyperbole much.

You are beginning to sound like the crowd below.

Explain yourself Turtleneck.

women fighting GIF by Feminist Fight Club

Last edited:
OP
OP
MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

What irks you about Stella Blade so much, you seem to have an absolute hate boner for it?

Is it because of the women and the way they are dressed or something?

I am trying to fathom what is wrong with it, the gameplay is great, the graphics are good, the sound design is apparently top notch, and the monsters in it are meant to be some of the best designed in any game to date.

And all that together and considering this is their first PlayStation game, it seems we should be supporting them not trying to take them down.

Is it because of boobs and arse?

The death of the PlayStation community, hyperbole much.

You are beginning to sound like the crowd below.

Explain yourself Turtleneck.

women fighting GIF by Feminist Fight Club
Stellar Blade is the new "Assassin's Creed" of this generation.

In other words, it will usher in an era of "polished mediocrity".

The metacritic score of Stellar Blade is a big sign, but many people will dismiss it because it's the new hot thing in town.

5 years from now, enthusiasts will look back at Stellar Blade and see it for what it truly offered to the gaming world: a polished mediocre experience that added ZERO innovation to the gaming landscape.

This game is hardly worth the $70 price tag, but hey 🤷

The Post-Mortem of Stellar Blade next year will be good 💅

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Stellar Blade is the new "Assassin's Creed" of this generation.

The metacritic score of Stellar Blade is a big sign, but many people will dismiss it because it's the new hot thing in town.

5 years from now, enthusiasts will look back at Stellar Blade and see it for what it truly offered to the gaming world: a polished mediocre experience that added ZERO innovation to the gaming landscape.

This game is hardly worth the $70 price tag, but hey 🤷

The Post-Mortem of Stellar Blade next year will be good 💅
cope
18f1d1f600f38-screenshotUrl.jpg

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
it will never be forgotten. cope HARDeR
I'm not coping. It's just reality. Yeah, the game is good and all, I have nothing against it, but it can never be something as iconic as other franchises... unless they work on it and keep making sequels and games in that universe.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
While stellar blade has been pretty good so far, the only thing it does better than Rebirth is texture quality and character model quality. FF7 blows it away in everything else, and it's not even close.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
that added ZERO innovation to the gaming landscape.
Innovation is overrated lol. A great game can be a great game without having new gameplay. Games getting lower scores because they didnt innovate is annoying for me, because it gets overlooked in most genres.

Its a slow generation in my opinion, Ill give you that. And a certain amount of PS fans seem to want to convince others its all fine and that 1st/2nd/3rd party games (whatever you want to call them) is doing enough for the lack of Sony owned PS Studio games. The standard isnt the same as last generation comparatively for me

Last edited:
  • thinking_hard

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

It happened already with Elden Ring, BotW and TotK (although I wouldn't really call any of them "polished"), so I don't see why Stellar Blade should be blamed for it. Hell, even Starfield has an higher score, and that one is neither polished nor reaches mediocrity.

I haven't played it yet, and I'm 100% sure I will like Rebirth (which I platinumed) more, but comparing the first entry in console games of an indie dev to such an epic franchise like FF seems a little bit unfair.

• thinking_hard

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It happened already with Elden Ring, BotW and TotK (although I wouldn't really call any of them "polished"), so I don't see why Stellar Blade should be blamed for it. Hell, even Starfield has an higher score, and that one is neither polished nor reaches mediocrity.

I haven't played it yet, and I'm 100% sure I will like Rebirth (which I platinumed) more, but comparing the first entry in console games of an indie dev to such an epic franchise like FF seems a little bit unfair.
Not unfair; they both cost $70.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Squarenenix sucks big time. 8 out of 10 games they release are dumpster fires and flops. Fuck em. The diminishing consumer base is unsurprising. It’s not the 90s anymore. The worst of the big Japanese pubs for sure. FromSoftware is the premiere jrpg studio. Every time I see people clamoring for square to be bought I laugh… they ain’t worth shit outside of ff14.

FF7 part 2 is tracking terribly even on psn. Happy to see Ronin holding strongly against it.

Last edited: