If Stellar Blade ends up selling more than Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth (discussion on Sony lowering its standards).

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
It happened already with Elden Ring, BotW and TotK (although I wouldn't really call any of them "polished"), so I don't see why Stellar Blade should be blamed for it. Hell, even Starfield has an higher score, and that one is neither polished nor reaches mediocrity.

I haven't played it yet, and I'm 100% sure I will like Rebirth (which I platinumed) more, but comparing the first entry in console games of an indie dev to such an epic franchise like FF seems a little bit unfair.
Elden Ring is not "polished"? What are you talking about?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
It will signal the Death of the PlayStation Community.

In other words, the standards of PlayStation Gamers will be at an all-time low.

I've seen too many rubbish qualities of Stellar Blade being handwaved by PlayStation Gamers.

Yet, when it came to Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth, I kept hearing the awful & bad faith argument of it being "disappointing".

This, for me, would make me realize PlayStation is bound to die in terms of delivering high-quality entertainment 💅
You sound like a brirish cigarette wrapped in leather arseless-chaps.

Ff7 is a disappointment because it was meant to be a remake which ignored the story, combat and characters. It deserves to be shit on and outsold by an action hack and slash that is open about what it's meant to be

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
You sound like a brirish cigarette wrapped in leather arseless-chaps.

Ff7 is a disappointment because it was meant to be a remake which ignored the story, combat and characters. It deserves to be shit on and outsold by an action hack and slash that is open about what it's meant to be

Calling part 1 “remake” was borderline false advertising because it’s actually some multiverse spin—off sequel series … so I get why some fans are upset … because it’s not a ff7 remake. I’m fine with it… they just should’ve communicated this.

this second game tho is well received and the best swing square has taken to cater to modern audiences… but it tracking behind 16 is shocking considering it clearly got a way bigger budget.

The disappointment isn’t with the players for rebirth… probably just square’s bean counters.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Calling part 1 “remake” was borderline false advertising because it’s actually some multiverse spin—off sequel series … so I get why some fans are upset … because it’s not a ff7 remake. I’m fine with it… they just should’ve communicated this.

this second game tho is well received and the best swing square has taken to cater to modern audiences… but it tracking behind 16 is shocking considering it clearly got a way bigger budget.

The disappointment isn’t with the players for rebirth… probably just square’s bean counters.
It's not a multiverse spin-off.

Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Innovation is overrated lol. A great game can be a great game without having new elements or gameplay. Games getting lower scores because they didnt innovate is annoying for me, because it gets overlooked in most genres.

Its a slow generation in my opinion, Ill give you that. And a certain amount of PS fans seem to want to convince others its all fine and that 1st/2nd/3rd party games (whatever you want to call them) is doing enough for the lack of Sony owned PS Studio games. The standard isnt the same as last generation comparatively for me
it is a tendency to lower a score for only Playstation games and only those, gets ''critic'' as not innovative.

most of Stellar Blade critics you can apply to other way higher rated games as well but, oh well, it is Playstation game.

Last edited:

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024

Anytime I see "caters to modern audiences" I read "this game will be shit, full of hand holding and overly aggressive political tones".

I agree they should have called it a FF7 reimagining, not a remake.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I want the following to happen:

Platinum: "Hey, turns out we can sell hack and slash games in other platforms. Get wrecked Nintendo"

If after stellar blade success, bayonetta 4 is locked to welfare hardware I am going to be pissed. We still haven't seen a Bayonetta game made with even Xbox one HW level.

Last edited:
Reactions: VillaiN

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Not going to happen. I estimate something between 1m to 1.5m sold copies. Rebirth has at least sold 3m copies imo. We will soon hear a number by Square in their financial results.
even if it happens. what is wrong with it? nothing. some people are trying so hard to degrade and pin every game against other game on the same system. pathetic.

Reactions: arvfab

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
even if it happens. what is wrong with it? nothing. some people are trying so hard to degrade and pin every game against other game on the same system. pathetic.
It's a new IP. I don't expect it so sell so high at the launch. Maybe later it will sell more. That’s my point.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
At least Stellar s new ip. And brought some hack slash action back in focus.

In 60h in Rebirth, chapter 10. Shit doesnt end. Considering that and that its part 2, i dont see it selling some big numbers, not even 7m. Pc version ll push it some more....but honestly they nees to push it more while its hot. Also some sale wouldnt hurt.

I hope square ll be happy with performance, cause game s solid as f.