If Wolverine releases in 2024, Insomniac will have released 4 games in 4 years

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Mind you, this is 4 next gen games in 4 years, which is amazing.

Spiderman miles morales- 2020 ps5 launch title (yes it was cross gen but im going to cheat here. Don't make an issue of this please)

Ratchet and Clank- Summer 2021. Largely considered one of the best looking games ever. Pretty decent game, too.

Spiderman 2- October 2023. Pretty much going to be the best selling game of this generation other than gta6. Spiderman 2 will be great for kids and adults to play.

Wolverine- possibly 2024. Really excited for this game. Hope the rumors are true steve blum is voice him. No idea what to expect here but we rarely get wolverine games. One of the few super heroes I actually dig.

That's 4 games in 4 years (not counting 2022). It takes like 5 years to make a AAA game these days so releasing 4 next gen games in 4 years is freaking amazing. I absolutely rank Insomniac in the top 3 developers in the world when you take into account quantity and quality, since it takes so long to make games these days. Ted Price does an amazing job coordinating his teams.

Yea they are hard carrying PS5 exclusives right now tbh. Probably Sonys best dev.

Reactions: JAHGamer and Airbus

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I believe this game will release late 2025 at the earliest. Insomniac is efficient, but 2024 would be a a miracle.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Give these poor people a vacation or something, they deserve it more than anyone in gaming!

I want Wolverine before the end of 2023! You'll sleep at your desk and be fed intravenous supplements if necessary. You can live a few months without seeing your family and friends for such an important task! They'll understand.

EDIT: Learn how to count, you can't just remove a year in the middle of a series and still call it a series. Still 4 quality games over 5 or 6 years is unbeatable!

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
and the crazy thing is that this scenario doesn't feel far-fetched.

Now, let's see what kind of reception Spider-Men 2 has.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I wouldn't put it past them especially since I fully expect a good chunk of Spiderman 2 dev team will move over to that project after vacation.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Give these poor people a vacation or something, they deserve it more than anyone in gaming!

I want Wolverine before the end of 2023! You'll sleep at your desk and be fed intravenous supplements if necessary. You can live a few months without seeing your family and friends for such an important task! They'll understand.

EDIT: Learn how to count, you can't just remove a year in the middle of a series and still call it a series. Still 4 quality games over 5 or 6 years is unbeatable!

To Insomniacs credit they didn't use Crunch time for any of these games, they have always been efficient. During the ps3 days they had like 7 Ratchet games and 3 resistance games plus Fuse.

Back in the Ps2 days we got high quality Ratchet games every year.

Numero

29 Jul 2023
I think they have 3 teams, so they are very efficient at managing internal resources, something that most team struggle at. I guess is the difference of having an actually competent management that isn't there thanks to friendship, politics, agendas and decades old successes

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Insomniac is the best acquisition ever, I think their efficiency is because they have mostly technical staff unlike other studios who have so many BS job positions (HR, PR, community manager, etc) that don't help with actual game development at all.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Box

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I still believe Wolverine is 2024, PS5 Pro launch game
Yeah Id say late 2024/ early 2025.

The studios we havent heard from in years 3+ years

-Sucker Punch
-Bend
-Naughty Dogg
-Media Molecule
-HouseMarque ( 2 years )
-UK Studios (London/Manchester I cant remember)
-Asobi

If they have 2nd/3rd projects or studios

-Bluepoint ( They were helping with GOW R )
-Guerilla
-Santa Monica

Naughty Dog isn’t the only studio who’s radio silent on there games atm
Either there are problems with all of them, or they are just being quiet and being shitty with revealing there projects this gen. Either way Herman needs to go. They needed to expand the studios like they have with Insomniac back in 2019 so they could be useful for PS5 gen. Thats where the bad management comes if its true.

If they do reveal a bunch of games next year and we are worrying about nothing, then its just been horrible public relations/marketing or whatever the term is called. Fire those people too

Reactions: JAHGamer and Box

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

-Sucker Punch
-Bend
-Naughty Dogg
-Media Molecule
-HouseMarque ( 2 years )
-Asobi

-Guerilla
-Santa Monica

Either there are problems with all of them, or they are just being quiet and being shitty with revealing there projects this gen. Either way Herman needs to go. They needed to expand the studios like they have with Insomniac back in 2019 so they could be useful for PS5 gen. Thats where the bad management comes if its true.

I can help you:
These are the studios we know are stuck with multiplayer shit. Nowadays, multiplayer is pretty much live service crap that can be monetised, so that's it, 3 of their best studios (i'm not including Bend as one of their best) stuck with multiplayer online shit.

• angry
Reactions: JAHGamer and Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Yeah Id say late 2024/ early 2025.

-Sucker Punch
-Bend
-Naughty Dogg
-Media Molecule
-HouseMarque ( 2 years )
-Asobi

-Guerilla
-Santa Monica

If they do reveal a bunch of games next year and we are worrying about nothing, then its just been horrible public relations/marketing or whatever the term is called. Fire those people too

If jim and hermen are responsible for the GAAS shit then they deserve to be fired

• thinking_hard
Reactions: flaccidsnake

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If jim and hermen are responsible for the GAAS shit then they deserve to be fired

Its more the management and expansion Id fire them for. And this weird new way of not revealing games, not communicating properly, not having e3 or decent shows.

Sure make some Gaas games, the profits are insane, but if you neglect expanding your studios, especially with record breaking profits from last gen, thats the big problem.

Insomniac, has a team making Spiderman 2, Wolverine and thats after Ratchet and Clank and Spiderman MM. All while having another team making a multiplayer game Supposedly. Thats how it should be done. And Sony has the money to do that with there big teams.

Thats what Sony/Jim/Hermen should be doing with all the major teams like Santa Monica, ND, Sucker Punch etc. Supposedly they have multiple projects each. Lets hope its true, either way there communication on games has been awful since 2019. And its not true, then thats a whole generation and its momentum gone to waste.

I seriously don‘t think ND was forced to make a gaas game. Like SuckPunch wasnt forced to make a multiplayer mode for Ghosts. Which is pretty good.

Personally I dont play online games much, apart from Destiny 1, Rocket league, RDR online MGS5 etc i play. But I admit, I was/am excited to see what ND could do in a PVE+PVP TLOU universe which they said will play like there story driven games. Which to me means, more story moments then a single TLOU game

2024 is the last Im gonna accept of the way management has gone. If by mid 2024 we havent heard more about the studios and games, then its a giant problem.
Right now we have Spideman 2, Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, Rise of Ronin, Concord and Marathon. But we need to see alot more. And the missing 3rd party partnerships games like Bloodborne, Persona, Detroit, Until dawn and Yakuza are all gone atm

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Airbus and Umar

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Mind you, this is 4 next gen games in 4 years, which is amazing.

Spiderman miles morales- 2020 ps5 launch title (yes it was cross gen but im going to cheat here. Don't make an issue of this please)

Ratchet and Clank- Summer 2021. Largely considered one of the best looking games ever. Pretty decent game, too.

Spiderman 2- October 2023. Pretty much going to be the best selling game of this generation other than gta6. Spiderman 2 will be great for kids and adults to play.

Wolverine- possibly 2024. Really excited for this game. Hope the rumors are true steve blum is voice him. No idea what to expect here but we rarely get wolverine games. One of the few super heroes I actually dig.

That's 4 games in 4 years (not counting 2022). It takes like 5 years to make a AAA game these days so releasing 4 next gen games in 4 years is freaking amazing. I absolutely rank Insomniac in the top 3 developers in the world when you take into account quantity and quality, since it takes so long to make games these days. Ted Price does an amazing job coordinating his teams.

Yea they are hard carrying PS5 exclusives right now tbh. Probably Sonys best dev.
Insomniac has two offices and multiple development studios. That allowed them in the past, when games required less time to be developed, they released at least a game per year, with a few exceptions.

Some years even released two games. There was a year where they released 5 and another where they released 4 (also counting mobile games and VR experiences):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomniac_Games

Its more the management and expansion Id fire them for. And this weird new way of not revealing games, not communicating properly, not having e3 or decent shows.

Sure make some Gaas games, the profits are insane, but if you neglect expanding your studios, especially with record breaking profits from last gen, thats the big problem.
Thats what Sony/Jim/Hermen should be doing with all the major teams like Santa Monica, ND, Sucker Punch etc. Supposedly they have multiple projects each. Lets hope its true, either way there communication on games has been awful since 2019. And its not true, then thats a whole generation and its momentum gone to waste.

I seriously don‘t think ND was forced to make a gaas game. Like SuckPunch wasnt forced to make a multiplayer mode for Ghosts. Which is pretty good.
2024 is the last Im gonna accept of the way management has gone. If by mid 2024 we havent heard more about the studios and games, then its a giant problem.
Right now we have Spideman 2, Wolverine, Death Stranding 2, Rise of Ronin, Concord and Marathon. But we need to see alot more. And the missing 3rd party partnerships games like Bloodborne, Persona, Detroit, Until dawn and Yakuza are all gone atm

Jim and Hermen didn't create Sony's GaaS strategy, most of the GaaS released under their command were greenlighted by previous CEOs. And most of the games greenlighted by Jim & Hermen aren't GaaS. Here you have both lists.

Jim and Hermen also hired more people for their internal development studios and mare more acquisitions than any previous CEOs. Their big first party games sell more than ever, win more awards and ever and I'd say (I didn't check this number, it's a personal feeling) they get better reviews too than before. They also plan to have released more exclusives for PS5 than in any previous PS console after having made a record investment effort in 2nd party and 3rd party deals for the PS5 generation.

Their communication broke multiple social media records records for any console game makers in Twitter, Instagram or Youtube. They release more big exclusives than both their competitors combined, and with them Sony communicates more frequently than before them: instead of having only the E3 conference they have multiple streamms per year and also participate in other events like CES, and sometimmes GDC, Summer Doritos Fest or Game Awards. Plus they also show and announce stuff on their PS Blog and social media.

Insomniac, has a team making Spiderman 2, Wolverine and thats after Ratchet and Clank and Spiderman MM. All while having another team making a multiplayer game Supposedly. Thats how it should be done. And Sony has the money to do that with there big teams.
Yes, they release games more frequently than other studios because they have two offices and multiple development teams working at the same time:
  • Spider-Man 2 is being developed more or less by the Spider-Man 1 team
  • Wolverine is being developed more or less by the Miles Morales team
  • There's at least a 3rd team, the one who made Ratchet Rift Apart
  • Their MP game may be the Rift Apart team or may be a separate one, maybe the one who worked in previous Insomniac MP games, or the one who did VR/AR/mobile experiments

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
What are you gonna do then? get a Switch 2, become PC only player? get an xbox?

Otherwise, I do hope they have something to reveal soon from their big guns studios, they have been silent for pretty long now, even by Sony's standards.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What are you gonna do then? get a Switch 2, become PC only player? get an xbox?

Otherwise, I do hope they have something to reveal soon from their big guns studios, they have been silent for pretty long now, even by Sony's standards.
No but that would then mean for me there are issues. Atm Im giving them benefit of the doubt.

Ill pick up a 2nd hand Switch 2 regardless. Ive bought ever main Nintendo console/handheld. Paying them directing I dont want to do atm, especially after agreeing with MS about the Activision deal
That warranted them to the pirate bay for me for the future, games and 2nd hand consoles, there not getting a sale from me lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
No but that would then mean for methere are issues. Atm Im giving them benefit of the doubt.
This is where I am, I think people who are panicking are just too early, but if nothing is even shown by any of the big three studios over 2024 I may ask questions... but I have nothing to do. The other players are just not alternatives to Sony as far as consoles go.

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko