if you want to play PLAYSTATION games on PC, why do you resist so much in creating a PLAYSTATION account on PC?

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
that's something i genuinly want to know, and i'll leave my PlayStation fanboy bias outside of this conversation, if i want to play an Xbox game on my PC or on my PS5 i know i'll need an Xbox/MS account, why do you find it so disrespectful to create a single account that would take you 2 minutes to create? don't you want more PlayStation games on PC? if you do, why don't you want to contribute to the userbase of PLAYSTATION as a publisher on PC? the more users they have, the more games they may port, i keep seeing people begging for a 10 year old game called Bloodborne to come to PC, then what if it requires a PSN account to link? i really want to know the mentality in it, for people outside of PSN supported countries, i understand the concern, but for the hundreds of thousands of review bombers that live in one of the 70 PSN supported countries using PSN not secure, data breach bla bla bla excuses, what if i say that Sony may be reconsidering supporting PC moving forward because they won't be able to increate PlayStatation's MAU? which is one of the biggest reasons why they're supporting PC after 30 years of console exclusivity?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
They just hate PlayStation and want an excuse to pirate them.
i'm starting to think they really do, that's why i'm completely against these PC ports, not only it devalues PlayStation as a platform, but it also devalue the games, they become easily avaliable on piracy websites for millions to download, it is not worth the short term profits with the long term implications it will have, just look at Xbox today, a lot of the reasons why they're failling so hard on the hardware front is due to supporting PC so much, Sony is commiting the same mistakes and PS6 may pay the price because of it.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
i'm starting to think they really do, that's why i'm completely against these PC ports, not only it devalues PlayStation as a platform, but it also devalue the games, they become easily avaliable on piracy websites for millions to download, it is not worth the short term profits with the long term implications it will have, just look at Xbox today, a lot of the reasons why they're failling so hard on the hardware front is due to supporting PC so much, Sony is commiting the same mistakes and PS6 may pay the price because of it.
Legit costumers end up feeling like suckers because they have to pay $70 while Sony ignores everything they ask for while PC players pay $0 and yet Sony listens and caters to all their needs.

Console players never even got a patch for Blooborne in 10 years, but Sony was able to find the resources to make all these PC ports, with enhanced graphics, and features that consoles don't have.

Fuck Sony, I'm glad PC players are going to run circles around them and expose all their shortcomings.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
again: i'm against singleplayer games on PC, in my view, the only thing it makes is devalue PlayStation as a viable platform for gaming, it doesn't even make decent money to justify it, but GAAs games i have nothing against, specially for increasing MAUs, if they manage to get 200M MAUs for example it will be very benefitial for the division, but singleplayer games just makes no sense in my view, there isn't even enough of a market for these cinematic narrative driven games on PC, most PC gamers care about competitive gaming than anything else

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Legit costumers end up feeling like suckers because they have to pay $70 while Sony ignores everything this that they say while PC players pay $0 and yet Sony listens and caters to all their needs.

Console players never even got a patch for Blooborne in 10 years, but Sony was able to find the resources to make all these PC ports, with enhanced graphics, and features that consoles don't have.
literally, put Nixxes to work on PS5 versions for PS4 games with $10 upgrades, it would be way more financially viable than PC ports

• brain

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
again: i'm against singleplayer games on PC, in my view, the only thing it makes is devalue PlayStation as a viable platform for gaming, it doesn't even make decent money to justify it, but GAAs games i have nothing against, specially for increasing MAUs, if they manage to get 200M MAUs for example it will be very benefitial for the division, but singleplayer games just makes no sense in my view, there isn't even enough of a market for these cinematic narrative driven games on PC, most PC gamers care about competitive gaming than anything else
Sony would buy Denuvo if they knew what they were doing in the PC space and get a cut from every single player AAA game.

GaaS on PC always made sense even day one, but it should've been in their own store or even on something like Epic Store. It's very stupid for Sony empower Steam right now.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
i would gladly pay $10 to update my copies of Bloodborne, inFAMOUS Second Son, Days Gone to have PS5 native versions with 3D audio, instant loading screens, adaptive triggers and haptic feedback, something that would actually BENEFIT the console user, Nixxes serves us NOTHING, it shouldn't even be considered a PLAYSTATION studio fr

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Sony would buy Denuvo if they knew what they were doing in the PC space and get a cut from every single player AAA game.

GaaS on PC always made sense even day one, but it should've been in their own store or even on something like Epic Store. It's very stupid for Sony empower Steam right now.
i think Sony is making a move here, they're getting PC users used to their games and then they'll delist and pull games from Steam and obligate them to play on the launcher if they want to play something like Helldivers 3 in the future

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
it's called living in a country where you can't get a PSN account

but of course @Nhomnhom is gonna @Nhomnhom
It's called buying a PlayStation.

Sony should be 100% focused on pleasing PlayStation players and any deviation from that is going to destroy their business long term.

i think Sony is making a move here, they're getting PC users used to their games and then they'll delist and pull games from Steam and obligate them to play on the launcher if they want to play something like Helldivers 3 in the future
Sounds like cope to me. The only way I see Sony dekisting games is if MS next attempt at a console allows for Steam to be installed.

PC players that haven't bought a PS4 or PS5 in over 10 years are not going to be lured anywhere now that Sony already gave them what they wanted.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't mind using or creating one. But there wouldn't be many cases where I would need a PSN account as I play single player games for the most part. Even the souls likes I eventually end up playing offline. GT peaked with 4 so... not that interested in 7 either, heard the SP campaign is trash.

Most PC gamers are not interested in the "benefits" of having PSN like cross buy or trophies. And have heard horror stories about Sony's customer service and online capabilities. If it took them 15 years to change user names, picture more complex endeavours. Do you still increase your chances of them paying attention to you if you pay for PS+?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
You guys are obsessed with PlayStation on PC.

It represents like 2% of their business, you need to calm down. You're so absolute butt hurt about it, but it's the reality.

PC gamers are in love with Steam. They don't want a PSN sign in even though they won't complain as much about others, because they know that others have failed with their own launchers. A Sony launcher is a legitimate threat and they'll fight it tooth and nail because they want all of their games in one central location with a single pane of glass.

They also think that Sony is inherently less consumer friendly than Valve, which is probably true.

So while the competition might be good short term, long term they're probably looking at a fractured ecosystem on PC at best and higher prices and more restrictions at worst.

That being said, Sony IS coming. First it's the games, second it's the features, and finally the launcher, and then probably exclusive titles and features.

Despite what people say here, people are not in droves moving from console to PC simply because these games exist on PC. We've seen no reduction in Sony's sales to suggest that nor have we seen software sales on PC to support that, and no, even if piracy was where the vacuum was, we'd still see sales suffering on console, which we aren't.

It's free margins. And no it's not impacting first party development though you want to convince yourself that it is.

It is absolutely the logical thing for Sony to do, especially if they can generate 3rd party royalties from it and make more money on their higher than industry average development costs.

Helldivers 2 is evidence that this was the right thing to do. It'll become SIE's most profitable game ever and by far... The game could become so big that it dwarfs PlayStation itself, especially if they elect to put it on mobile and other platforms.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I think its fair that Sony cuts the middleman and creates a new store on PC. But I don't trust them at all. They might half arse the initiative and drop it. Also, they don't have a good number of games yet to make it worth it.
Sony just wants some additional money without much effort, I mean, they dont even put denuvo in their games or market the PC ports at all.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

It represents like 2% of their business, you need to calm down. You're so absolute butt hurt about it, but it's the reality.

PC gamers are in love with Steam. They don't want a PSN sign in even though they won't complain as much about others, because they know that others have failed with their own launchers. A Sony launcher is a legitimate threat and they'll fight it tooth and nail because they want all of their games in one central location with a single pane of glass.

They also think that Sony is inherently less consumer friendly than Valve, which is probably true.

So while the competition might be good short term, long term they're probably looking at a fractured ecosystem on PC at best and higher prices and more restrictions at worst.

That being said, Sony IS coming. First it's the games, second it's the features, and finally the launcher, and then probably exclusive titles and features.

Despite what people say here, people are not in droves moving from console to PC simply because these games exist on PC. We've seen no reduction in Sony's sales to suggest that nor have we seen software sales on PC to support that, and no, even if piracy was where the vacuum was, we'd still see sales suffering on console, which we aren't.

It's free margins. And no it's not impacting first party development though you want to convince yourself that it is.

It is absolutely the logical thing for Sony to do, especially if they can generate 3rd party royalties from it and make more money on their higher than industry average development costs.

Helldivers 2 is evidence that this was the right thing to do. It'll become SIE's most profitable game ever and by far... The game could become so big that it dwarfs PlayStation itself, especially if they elect to put it on mobile and other platforms.

2% is way too much.

• they're_right_you_know

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
known figures

PlayStation total revenue - 30 billion
PC revenue - 250 million

PC isn't even 1%, it's literally a rounding error. Maybe this year they'll reach 2% with hd2.

Even if it was 2%, ruining the other 98% to grow that insignificant sum is pure stupidity.
If only they were transparent about how much PC ports add to game development budget and time. They would probably make more money porting their single player games to Xbox. :ROFLMAO:

• they're_right_you_know

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
If only they were transparent about how much PC ports add to game development budget and time. They would probably make more money porting their single player games to Xbox. :ROFLMAO:
Naughty Dog already said they've changed their entire development pipeline to cater to PC, even though Uncharted and tlou1 remake flopped terribly on PC. It explains why TLOU1 remake looks worse than TLOU2, despite "being built from the ground up for PS5".... still managed to look worse than a PS4 game. And Spider-Man 2 was also developed simultaneously with PC, which explains the bugs and why it doesn't look as clean/crisp as Miles Morales even tho its PS5 only. And its also the reason why there was a fan made PC port after only 3 months.
Nixxes is useless, 1st party studios are doing the bulk of PC development themselves.

Also, welcome back @Bryank75 where is @Satoru ??

Evil Aloy

Banned
3 May 2024

That's what Xbox players thought at first. By the time they realized pc destroyed their platform it was too late to do anything about it.