IGN Apple iPhone 15 Pro gaming interview "It's going to be the best gaming console"

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I mean you dont want having playstation under jim ryan unopposed without having any competition in the future

With xbox incapable making good games, nintendo stuck with potato machine you already seen impact of jim ryan playstation like shutting down more ps studios, increasing subscription, increasing game prices, more focus on gaas game, less first party game, more first party game going to PC etc

Well, Nintendo are getting a big upgrade soon from what I hear.

PC is competition, despite people claiming otherwise and Xbox is still around.

Jim can't stay on forever.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They’ve been able to do that for almost a decade already.

Apple definitely can

What do you mean Apple doesn't have the infrastructure? They're the richest company in the world, with the most sophisticated processors in the world, as well as having the highest qualified staff in every position. They 100% can break into console gaming if they chose to.
But he said they don’t have “infracstructure”, which is a totally different thing, to be fair!

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Who cares, they have no exclusive software or studios that would make them unique.
Technically they do have some small exclusives via Apple Arcade. Such as Horizon Chase 2, Lego Castaways, and dare I say it Butters' favourite game Hello Kitty Island Adventure. It has timed exclusives that are later ported to Switch or Windows, Oceanhorn 2, Bleak Sword.

It's easy to write off Apple Arcade as mobile focused, kids crap. A lot of the games are so-so at best. However IMO it's value is in it's potential. Small newer devs making games for Apple hardware first. It's a breeding ground for possible future large studios with experience on Apple.

Also worth noting, Apple Arcade is being run with profit in mind, unlike Game Pass. This is what a games subscription service should look like. Smaller games but still high quality (hopefully).

That said, I'm still not sure Apple has the nous to go bigger. They have been dropping more money than usual for games like RE:Village, RE4, Death Stranding. And some decent AA games are porting over. Lies of P is day one and looks alright. The pieces are in place but Apple have a poor record for taking games seriously. And as you say, it is a hard area to succeed in.

Reactions: Bryank75

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Technically they do have some small exclusives via Apple Arcade. Such as Horizon Chase 2, Lego Castaways, and dare I say it Butters' favourite game Hello Kitty Island Adventure. It has timed exclusives that are later ported to Switch or Windows, Oceanhorn 2, Bleak Sword.

It's easy to write off Apple Arcade as mobile focused, kids crap. A lot of the games are so-so at best. However IMO it's value is in it's potential. Small newer devs making games for Apple hardware first. It's a breeding ground for possible future large studios with experience on Apple.

Also worth noting, Apple Arcade is being run with profit in mind, unlike Game Pass. This is what a games subscription service should look like. Smaller games but still high quality (hopefully).

That said, I'm still not sure Apple has the nous to go bigger. They have been dropping more money than usual for games like RE:Village, RE4, Death Stranding. And some decent AA games are porting over. Lies of P is day one and looks alright. The pieces are in place but Apple have a poor record for taking games seriously. And as you say, it is a hard area to succeed in.
You forgot the biggest one, Fantasian.

Last edited:
Reactions: toucandela

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Yo forgot the biggest one, Fantasian.
Did you ever try it? I played it a bit on the Apple TV and couldn't really get into it. I think I had hooked up my PS5 controller too. Wondering what you thought if you played it.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Did you ever try it? I played it a bit on the Apple TV and couldn't really get into it. I think I had hooked up my PS5 controller too. Wondering what you thought if you played it.
I am about 3/4 of the way through it. Great game, but some battles are HARD.

I've played on my Apple TV with a Dual Shock 4, iPad and my iPhone both with my Nimbus controller at various points, and my MacBook Pro. It's got a great control scheme for touchscreen/touchpad, but controller is awesome.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I am about 3/4 of the way through it. Great game, but some battles are HARD.

I've played on my Apple TV with a Dual Shock 4, iPad and my iPhone both with my Nimbus controller at various points, and my MacBook Pro. It's got a great control scheme for touchscreen/touchpad, but controller is awesome.
Maybe I'll have to give it another shot at some point.