IGN caught telling crowd to cheer during Phil Spencer interview

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Like I said Sony opened Pandora's box with this port. Now every journalist, YouTuber, and shill is going to talk nonstop about what games are a perfect fit for Switch 2 and how it's a different audience and won't affect PS console sales. And as always, Sony will listen to people who want to see them fail and will chase short term profits and Switch 2 is gonna get a ton of PS 1st party games.

It's exactly what happened with PC playing out again in real time but with Switch this time.
Don't worry, if you're right, the goalpost will move again in such way so as to call you a doomer.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I'm gonna test this out. Fuck any outlet, forum, or publication that supports or protects that fuckwad
Yeah worst part is they don't even tell you you just try to login and get a you're accounts been banned notification. It's the worst community I've ever seen. If the mods don't want to see something there's absolutely no warning even if you're just stating facts.

N4G is still around?
Damn, I thought they would have died awhile ago... what a P.O.S. website. Is that s**long-licker "coolbeans" still there?
Wouldn't be surprised if he's still stripping for Xbox.
Not sure about Coolbeans still being there but yeah it's still around last I checked haven't gone back since I got banned though for stating that Phil lied several times in the past as well as now. Asked a general question on why can someone support a individual who continues to lie and provide examples and they banned me for it.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Like I said Sony opened Pandora's box with this port. Now every journalist, YouTuber, and shill is going to talk nonstop about what games are a perfect fit for Switch 2 and how it's a different audience and won't affect PS console sales. And as always, Sony will listen to people who want to see them fail and will chase short term profits and Switch 2 is gonna get a ton of PS 1st party games.

It's exactly what happened with PC playing out again in real time but with Switch this time.
Sony on there way to harm there platform & storefront so they can rely on other direct competitor platform.

Look at Xbox they fuck around & found out. Now there at the mercy of other platform to bring profit & growth. There subscription is at the mercy of Apple, Steam, Nintendo & PS since they won’t let them bring that destructive subscription to there platform/storefront.

If Sony wanted to attract a new audience or audience from other platform like PC, Nintendo or mobile it’s pretty easy. Want to bring new audience from those other platforms revive Sly, Jak & Daxter, Ape Escape, Gravity Rush, Potopon & Wild Arms bring back Socom, inFAMOUS, MAG whether it’s young or adult Sony needs to in a creative business be CREATIVE & CREATE not port your games to other platform & have those audience say well good now I don’t need to play or invest in your platform hardware because that’s what there doing now & even PS fans are starting to look PS w a side eye & saying hey if I invest on a PC or Steamdeck I can play more game w a bigger library + Xbox, PS, Steam & PC games + mobile games that can be played on PC/Steam & technically Nintendo through emulator. Plus your not at the mercy of $70 games & have many sales option & no PS+ for online.

You really look at it your spending more $ playing PS games on PS hardware then you would on PC which is crazy for a business who sole purpose is to sell hardware. Apple build its entire platform, storefront & ecosystem under Apple hardware. Nintendo is similar to Apple & even Steam looks like it will do the same. I just can’t wait for the Switch 2 to get AAA games day 1 especially COD, Battlefield, GTA6 & most of not all AAA JRPG if Switch 2 is at the power of PS4 no publisher will want to completely skip Switch 2.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Sony on there way to harm there platform & storefront so they can rely on other direct competitor platform.

Look at Xbox they fuck around & found out. Now there at the mercy of other platform to bring profit & growth. There subscription is at the mercy of Apple, Steam, Nintendo & PS since they won’t let them bring that destructive subscription to there platform/storefront.

If Sony wanted to attract a new audience or audience from other platform like PC, Nintendo or mobile it’s pretty easy. Want to bring new audience from those other platforms revive Sly, Jak & Daxter, Ape Escape, Gravity Rush, Potopon & Wild Arms bring back Socom, inFAMOUS, MAG whether it’s young or adult Sony needs to in a creative business be CREATIVE & CREATE not port your games to other platform & have those audience say well good now I don’t need to play or invest in your platform hardware because that’s what there doing now & even PS fans are starting to look PS w a side eye & saying hey if I invest on a PC or Steamdeck I can play more game w a bigger library + Xbox, PS, Steam & PC games + mobile games that can be played on PC/Steam & technically Nintendo through emulator. Plus your not at the mercy of $70 games & have many sales option & no PS+ for online.

You really look at it your spending more $ playing PS games on PS hardware then you would on PC which is crazy for a business who sole purpose is to sell hardware. Apple build its entire platform, storefront & ecosystem under Apple hardware. Nintendo is similar to Apple & even Steam looks like it will do the same. I just can’t wait for the Switch 2 to get AAA games day 1 especially COD, Battlefield, GTA6 & most of not all AAA JRPG if Switch 2 is at the power of PS4 no publisher will want to completely skip Switch 2.
Seems like Sony's entire business plan is based on the belief that PC is a better place play and that console players are their bitches.

They are bullish on PC for the long term while also thinking consoles are a dying market where it's not worth to even attempt to sell more units than they sold previously. To top it all off we now find out that they have no plans for any native portable device and are fine just supporting the Switch with day one release of their games.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is pretty standard y'all overreact to the smallest things
How is it standard?
Please dont compare it to a sitcom or talk host show lol.

Phil was in court last year trying to prove he isnt trying to monopolise the industry with IGN employees siding with him online with so many of his arguments.

He also fired hundreds of people… If Ign are getting a crowd to cheer to responses, that is trying to influence the industry.

Its like a a sports channel or BBC swaying the crowd to questions when asking a sports teams or political parties questions.
Now this isnt exactly a sport or politics but its not a sitcom or late night show lol. Peoples jobs and an industry are effected by this kind of crap

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
How is it standard?

Phil was in court last year trying to prove he isnt trying to monopolise the industry with IGN employees siding with him online with so many of his arguments.

He also fired hundreds of people… If Ign are getting a crowd to cheer to responses, that is trying to influence the industry.

Its like a a sports channel or BBC swaying the crowd to questions when asking a sports teams or political parties questions.
Now this isnt exactly a sport or politics but its not a sitcom or late night show lol. Peoples jobs and an industry are effected by this kind of crap
This isn't 60 minutes, it's a videogame stage interview where they brought on a range of guests and tried to keep the audience engaged for the duration

99% of the content wasn't about employment conditions and 99% of gamers don't even care about the employment situations of developers

Reactions: Batzy

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
This isn't 60 minutes, it's a videogame stage interview where they brought on a range of guests and tried to keep the audience engaged for the duration

99% of the content wasn't about employment conditions and 99% of gamers don't even care about the employment situations of developers
The difference is IGN isn't a game show it's a journalistic outlet. They should have made it clear that this wasn't supposed to be taken seriously if they were going to juice the audience.

OP
OP
Batzy

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024

I just want to point out that you are trying to defend ign. Let that sink in.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
How is it standard?

You're definitely not wrong on Phil's part but don't forget Satya is also the problem in that situation as well he's just behind the curtains. It's both of those individuals that are the problem.

Reactions: Batzy and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You're definitely not wrong on Phil's part but don't forget Satya is also the problem in that situation as well he's just behind the curtains. It's both of those individuals that are the problem.
For sure, when I say Phil, I mean him and all of the MS Cronies

Reactions: Batzy and reziel

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
Seems like Sony's entire business plan is based on the belief that PC is a better place play and that console players are their bitches.

They are bullish on PC for the long term while also thinking consoles are a dying market where it's not worth to even attempt to sell more units than they sold previously. To top it all off we now find out that they have no plans for any native portable device and are fine just supporting the Switch with day one release of their games.
Looking at how Ghost of Tsushima (it doesn't have an icon, but it was adapted), Ratchet, and Days Gone got official verification on SteamDeck, and direct statements from some developers like "oh, we're so happy that more people will be able to play our games, even on portable systems", we can conclude that they will actively support SteamDeck 2, and meanwhile, you can forget about PSP3...

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Looking at how Ghost of Tsushima (it doesn't have an icon, but it was adapted), Ratchet, and Days Gone got official verification on SteamDeck, and direct statements from some developers like "oh, we're so happy that more people will be able to play our games, even on portable systems", we can conclude that they will actively support SteamDeck 2, and meanwhile, you can forget about PSP3...
Selling my PC and getting a Steam 2 is something I'm looking forward to do, it just needs to be more powerful.

Reactions: Batzy

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If the SD2 has 2026 hardware, then the PS5 level is possible.

Also, consider the new generation of FSR, which should get better upscaling and frame generation.
Not possible given power constraints. You want ps5 level power, which is 200w, to be possible in a 10-15w handheld, that's over 10x perf/watt improvement. Just not possible given the levels of improvement we have in semiconductor production.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke