IGN: Resident Evil 5 simply can't be remade, at least not to the standards of Capcom's best work. So the answer is not to remake, but to rewrite.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It shows how biased the media is, silent about the violence in Haiti going on RIGHT NOW.

Nobody knows about the Tigray war from 2022, in one year 600 thousand people were killed. That's more than the entire Ukraine and palestine wars combined several times over.

The deadliest conflict in the 21st century the media has been silent about it.
Very biased man, you know tht.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Did IGN disabled the comments for the article cause I am not seeing it in the article webpage?

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
It should be pointed out that this is not an official statement from Capcom or anyone involved with the development of the games in the series.

This is an opinion piece from someone who is writing for IGN.

Apparently Spanish zombies/savages in Resident Evil 4 are acceptable?

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Forget remaking or rewriting or anything for that matter. Dropped that shitty game halfway through. It should stay dead and buried along with Resident Evil 6.

Give me my Code Veronica remake which is the only remaining RE game that deserves to be remade.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Forget remaking or rewriting or anything for that matter. Dropped that shitty game halfway through. It should stay dead and buried along with Resident Evil 6.

Give me my Code Veronica remake which is the only remaining RE game that deserves to be remade.
Capcom wants to sell games and make money. There's only one game mentioned here that people actually will buy in droves 🤫

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Remake Code Veroninca and RE Zero first.

RE5 needs to be remade to be more a horror game, otherwise whats the point? It already looks fine and contols decent and is on modern console through the PS4/X1 ports.
I enjoyed it as a coop game, but it needs to be different game to be remade.

Reactions: Airbus

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The moral of the story: Stay away from Africa, the presence of African anything in your game could cause controversy and doom you to a Hogwarts-like catastrophe.

Last edited:
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Sweet Baby Inc. right now
Looking Music Video GIF by Refresh Records
Oh god no please don't touch resident evil you parasitic worms

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
They're scared it might be labelled as "racist", but I can guarantee Africans will not care!! It's just a video game, only far left virtue signalling white people will be "offended".
But in re4 leon killing lots of hispanics but none of them moan see the double standard

Its always these woke white people from america who love to make a scene

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
No it's because the natives are African and depicted as savages
Well, not very different from the natives from Spanish villages in RE4 or Eastern Europe in RE8. Just zombie/infected folks, they attack you and you attack them and some stereotypes.

In RE4 they show Spain with dumb redneck equivalent villagers who look like from 80 years ago, some weird religious cult, even a medieval castle/folks, local currency for the coins that we weren't using because moved to the Euro several years ago, the characters talking with Spanish from Latin America instead Spanish from Spain etc. In Spain we didn't gave a fuck, we were so happy to see a RE set in Spain and made some jokes about it.

I'm pretty sure same happens for the black folks in Africa seeing a big game like this set there and with a cool local main character. I'd bet they don't care about the stereotypes and are happy with the game. As happened in Mexico with the Mariachi Mario, the Mexicans loved it but the white woke people from the USA were rioting and asking to change it. The Mexicans got really angry with the wokes.

I mean, most people in Spain no longer likes bullfighting, but here people loves Vega from Street Fighter just because he's Spanish. We don't care if he's a fucking psychopath narcisistic bullfighter and if his stage is a traditional tavern that looks like from the middle age.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
But in re4 leon killing lots of hispanics but none of them moan see the double standard

Its always these woke white people from america who love to make a scene
Killing same race somehow isn't racist 😂

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
They are right, but for the wrong reasons.

There is not point in remaking a bad game if you are not turning it into a good game in the process.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Killing same race somehow isn't racist 😂
The white woke people in america always perceived the black people as these weak minority that needs constant protection

That having lots of black african zombies in a african continent being killed by Chris Redfield, the stereotype character they hate the most, an anoying cis white bigot is not political correct

Litle do they know the white people race in united states are about to become minority in around 2050s but thats another conversation for another day

Reactions: Box

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I don't understand this rhetoric about it being racist. In real life africans kill africans the most. Mfckers think imaginary zombies in a video game have same civil rights as real people, You can't make this shit up