i'm buying As Dusk Falls and ALL Xbox games that are coming to PlayStation to send a message to Microsoft

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I'll buy Halo MCC and that is it. Xbox doesn't have anything I care about. ES6 in the future if it's good (doubt).

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'll buy Halo MCC and that is it. Xbox doesn't have anything I care about. ES6 in the future if it's good (doubt).
Same. Halo collection for me.

If I pick one up from the 4 announced it would be Sea of Thieves, maybe grounded as I loved Honey I shrunk the kids.

Id also probably buy Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon but only if they have PSVR2 modes ( which I doubt will ever happen )

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Really do you think as dusk falls is a good game?

im only interested with pentiment cos good review

the others are hard pass

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Pentiment is an eBook. Aka interactive book.
It is, but that doesn't mean it's not good, same can be said about Detroit Become Human and that game is amazing.

Really do you think as dusk falls is a good game?

im only interested with pentiment cos good review

the others are hard pass
I haven't played As Dusk Falls yet, but I did get it on Steam for $12, not gonna get that one on PS though.

Reactions: Kokoloko and Airbus

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
8c1b48a0e7c3d015ca8c374ab763c8c2.gif

Last edited:

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
I don’t spend money on games I am not interested in …. So they would have to do that first. Secondly, will never support those games if they are digital only, and I will not support Gamepass ever. So any MS 3rd party purchase is unlikely - but not off the table (for me at least).

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I don't see how buying their sub-par games helps anybody else but Xbox.

Not supporting shitty products is how you make sure that they stop making shitty products.

24 Jun 2022
and i recommend y'all to do the same, let's make Xbox go full third party for real, let's exterminate the xbot race

Uh...okay? I just say buy the games if they interest you.

You can never predict what MS actually do when it comes to business decisions. They could be counting on 3P sales on PS & Nintendo to subsidize Day 1 in Game Pass for their 1P games on Xbox, which could lead to subscription growth if the games are appealing enough, which could lead to them keeping Xbox consoles around.

And in any case, any purchase of those games means most of the money goes back to Microsoft, and they could choose to use that money in further competing with Xbox as a console. That possibility might even be a reason why we're "only" seeing these smaller games come to PlayStation and Nintendo in the first place, as that's probably the scope of what Sony & Nintendo will allow.

If/when games like Starfield, Blade, TES VI etc. go multi-console and are Day 1 across platforms, that would signal significant changes in the business model for Microsoft Gaming having finally come about. Right now they are just dipping their feet in the waters of that type of shift, and likely gradually building up to it.

That said, yes I would probably pick certain games up, like Flight Simulator if it also had PSVR2 support, or Forza Motors-- 🤣just kidding on that one. Nothing's gonna help Forza Motorsport except a drastic overhaul of basically everything, especially when quality like GT7 is also available.