I'm new and what is this?

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
Hello everyone! Consider this an introduction thread for myself. I'm TrishaCat, a trans woman from the east coast United States. I'm a huge JRPG fanatic (Square Enix ftw) and an avid PC gamer, though I own a variety of consoles from a variety of platforms (besides PC, I own a PS5, PS3, PS2, Vita, PSP, 3DS, GBA SP, 360, Switch, Wii U, Wii, and Nintendo 64). My favorite games include Solatorobo, Cave Story, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Nier, and Kingdom Hearts II. Outside of games I'm also a furry and animation fan, with a slant towards Japanese animation in particular; I love anime! Its a pleasure to meet you all!

That said, I do have some questions. What exactly is Icon-Era? The era part implies its an offshoot of Resetera, which would certainly make sense based on the similar forum style, but the threads here gave me the impression this place is specifically for Playstation fans; is Icon-Era a Playstation oriented offshoot of Resetera, or do I have the wrong impression? I tried looking around but I can't really tell what this site actually *is* other than a video game forum. Not throwing shade or anything, I promise. Just trying to understand what this place is about.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TrishaCat

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
welcome to the site! hope you have fun around here!
and yes, while there is nothing written about, this is mostly a place where PS fans hangout
Thank you! I hope to have a great experience.
And okay, I'll have to keep that in mind while posting here. I wouldn't call myself a Playstation fan but I do really like a lot of their Japan Studios properties. The Ape Escape series is my favorite thing Sony has ever produced. I so badly want an Ape Escape 4 lol.

• Shake
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
A big Welcome to you, you fluffy Furry trans woman you. I hope you have a good sense of humour; you will need it here. 😍

And if you need a Furry friend, @rofif and @Lord Mittens are our resident furries.

@Lord Mittens masquerades as a cat, think Garfield here (Fatcat)

And @rofif has a somewhat ferret look to him.

Enjoy.

Reactions: TrishaCat

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
A big Welcome to you, you fluffy Furry trans woman you. I hope you have a good sense of humour; you will need it here. 😍

And if you need a Furry friend, @rofif and @Lord Mittens are our resident furries.

@Lord Mittens masquerades as a cat, think Garfield here (Fatcat)

And @rofif has a somewhat ferret look to him.

Enjoy.
uJmYv8s.jpeg

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
That said, I do have some questions. What exactly is Icon-Era? The era part implies its an offshoot of Resetera, which would certainly make sense based on the similar forum style, but the threads here gave me the impression this place is specifically for Playstation fans; is Icon-Era a Playstation oriented offshoot of Resetera, or do I have the wrong impression? I tried looking around but I can't really tell what this site actually *is* other than a video game forum. Not throwing shade or anything, I promise. Just trying to understand what this place is about.

All i can say for sure is that people here really like PlayStation. And yeah, pretty much a Resetera style forum.

Welcome to the forum and i hope you find a friendly space here. New people are always welcome.