I'm Sorry But we Really Need a Playstation Showcase Now more than Ever!

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
When PC players talk about boycotting a game it is code word for pirating it instead and you can see them talking about it openly on any PC game community.
The fact Sony doesn’t use Denuvo is baffling they just let there games & ip get violated. Sony leaderships are weak

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I would not hold my breath, even if there is one (not unlikely) I think it will be a shitsow. I would rather them announce a state of play, because a showcase has different, higher expectations attached to it.

Playstation studios have had 4 to 5 years to cook, they have had more than enough time to get something ready. There is no excuse to blue ball us this time.

I hope the rumors about GOT 2 and a new Astrobot are true.

We need more than that, what have Naughty Dog,Bluepoint and Bend been working on all this time?

Aren't you excited about the upcoming PlayStation releases like Fairgame$ and Concord?

Honestly forgot they even existed, Concord is supposedly coming out this year? Did Sony forget that they have to actually market this game...

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Playstation studios have had 4 to 5 years to cook, they have had more than enough time to get something ready. There is no excuse to blue ball us this time.

We need more than that, what have Naughty Dog,Bluepoint and Bend been working on all this time?

Honestly forgot they even existed, Concord is supposedly coming out this year? Did Sony forget that they have to actually market this game...

Isn't this you?

And people here keep talking about helldivers 2 and concord, if it wasnt for this forum I wouldn't even know those games existed.

I literally don't know anyone excited for those games. I wouldn't be surprised if they both flop as hard as starfield and redfall.

This is the trailer for Concord, 59% dislike ratio and most of the comments are talking about the burger or making fan of the game.

As for Helldivers, just look at the subreddit with only 14k users. Helldivers 2 is not going to move the needle.

You would think that someone who was this terribly wrong would maybe gain some perspective...

Ico

8 May 2024
Like I said on another thread, I'm really hyped to see something from Team Asobi and Bluepoint! Astro Playroom was amazing and Bluepoint has my attention bc until now the remaked some of my favorite games, so a new IP from them might have some juicy inspirations from their previous experiences!

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I know it is asking for too much this gen but why can we just be shown the games ND, SSM, Sucker Punch, Bluepoint, Team Asobi, etc are working on? Why is everything their internal studios are working on some big state secret as if PlayStation is a defense contractor?

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
US leadership really likes to follow the example of MS.
People been criticizing xbox for shutting down several bethesda studios yesterday

But when you look at recent sony track record...sony are actually not much different and been cutting down several important partnership for the last few years....

From ready at dawn, quantic dream, liverpool, anapurna, that motorstorm and driveclub studio etc...

With less studio might be the reason why we seeing less game recently and sony deserve to be put under scrutiny for this..

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
You'll get an E3-equivelent presentation in June, as per usual.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I hope the rumors about GOT 2 and a new Astrobot are true.
Less than 3 years ago they released GoTDC, the PS5 version and the Ikki Island DLC, months after releasing GoT Legends.

AAA games take nowadays 5-9 years to be made and Sony likes to show their games close to release. I think it's too early for them to show GoT2. I think it's way more realistic to expect a GoT2 announcement in 2025 or 2026.

From ready at dawn, quantic dream, liverpool, anapurna, that motorstorm and driveclub studio etc...
Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst bought Firesprite, which basically is Studio Liverpool + Evolution (the Motorstorm+Driveclub studio) + Bizarre Creations (MSR+Project Gotham) + part of Supermassive.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
People been criticizing xbox for shutting down several bethesda studios yesterday

But when you look at recent sony track record...sony are actually not much different and been cutting down several important partnership for the last few years....

With less studio might be the reason why we seeing less game recently and sony deserve to be put under scrutiny for this..
To me the lack of new announcement was always concerning, how can a studio go 4 or 5 years after releasing their game without even announcing the next one? What does that say about how long these internal AAA games are taking to be made?

Reactions: Box and Puff

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
To me the lack of new announcement was always concerning, how can a studio go 4 or 5 years after releasing their game without even announcing the next one? What does that say about how long these internal AAA games are taking to be made?

Helldivers took 8 years to develop. It was revealed less than a year before release.

Games take a long time to develop.

Sony isn't announcing games super far into the future anymore.

Announcements will normalize once release cycles catch up.

Sony has 14 primary studios + Bungie excluding San Diego Studio/

If each studios games take on average 5 years to make and they all started at the same time, you would have 15 games release in a year. Obviously, games are staggered because they don't release all at the same time and some teams are working on multiple projects at once.

If your plan is to release 3-5 games in a year, and 2-3 of them get delayed or worse cancelled, you're going to have a more anemic release year.

But I do think people need to calm down. Sony in the last 12 months have released 2 of their most successful titles ever in Spider-Man 2 and Helldivers 2. They also secured 2 major exclusives in FF16 and FF7 Rebirth.

Part of those 3-5 titles usually will include 1 remake/remaster, it also generally includes an externally developed game

Ghost of Tsushima (New IP)
The Last of Us 2
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Sackboy A Big Adventure (external)
Demon's Souls (remake)

Returnal
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Destruction All stars (external)

God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
The Last of Us Part 1
Gran Turismo 7

Spider-Man 2
Horizon Call of the Mountain
Firewall Ultra (External)

Helldivers 2 (external)
Rise of the Ronin (external, New IP)
Stellar Blade (external, New IP)
Until Dawn (remake)
Concord

2025 is likely to see Venom, Ghost of Tsushima 2, FairGame$, Marathon, Death Stranding 2. That's at least 4-5 games...

2023 was a weaker year because The Last of Us Online (Rise of the Ronin probably should have come out in 2023 as well) didn't come out, but I also think people are angry that sony isn't JUST putting out single player games or games from existing IP. This year will probably see 5 releases, but it's considered weak because we're not getting Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon, Spider-Man, or God of War.

Sony put more money into external games (including square's games) but does not get credit for that. They have teams working on multiple projects which makes game development take longer, but we'll get more games this generation as a result, but they also don't get credit for that either. Another example of that is probably Phantom Blade Zero.

Let's also not forget titles like Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria, and the rest of the China Hero Project, the India Hero Project, and the rumored Korea Hero Project.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Helldivers took 8 years to develop. It was revealed less than a year before release.

A studio taking 8 years to make a game isn't my problem, be more efficient or watch your competitors surpass you.

Let's also not forget titles like Lost Soul Aside, Convallaria, and the rest of the China Hero Project, the India Hero Project,

So all we have to look forward to is chinese and indian shovelware?

Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Ghost of Tsushima (New IP)
The Last of Us 2
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Sackboy A Big Adventure (external)
Demon's Souls (remake)

Returnal
Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

God of War Ragnarok
Horizon Forbidden West
The Last of Us Part 1
Gran Turismo 7

Spider-Man 2
Horizon Call of the Mountain

Until Dawn (remake)
Concord

PC and GaaS pivot really fucked PlayStation hard.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
A studio taking 8 years to make a game isn't my problem, be more efficient or watch your competitors surpass you.

So all we have to look forward to is chinese and indian shovelware?

Maybe it is time for you to stop being dismissive of games and how long they take to develop or who makes them.

Helldivers is going to be Sony's most profitable game of all time. Do you think they care that it took 8 years to develop? It was made by a "nobody" Swedish developer and you completely downplayed the game.

Times are changing and you're having difficulty facing up to that reality.

Ico

8 May 2024
Helldivers is going to be Sony's most profitable game of all time. Do you think they care that it took 8 years to develop? It was made by a "nobody" Swedish developer and you completely downplayed the game.
This is one good example, spending almost a decade into a project it has to very profitable, since youre locking a team for the period of an entire generation. But we know this wont happens everytime, like The Last Guardian low sales despite taking the same 8 years. Maybe having more projects per team that take less time, like 4 years, can be also a safe bet for profit and also good to customers, im not a shareholder so speaking for myself i barely see any benefit knowing that my favorite teams will release only one game per generation.

Reactions: Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Fate Grand Order is Sony's most profitable game of all time with 7 billion in Revenue as of 2023
Helldivers 2 will never come close to this

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
I'm Not Sorry But we Really Don't Need a Playstation Showcase right Now

Do you really want them to do some shitty CG trailers or some logo videos for games that are nowhere near ready to be shared with the world?