In development for Consoles and PC "Tricky Madness", the spiritual successor to SSX

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Hello, I would like to share with all of you this indie project called "Tricky Madness", the spiritual successor of SSX developed by a developer from Texas called Nathan Dearth, I have been following the project for 1 year and talking to its creator, who is doing an incredible job, since right now this project is pure SSX from the PS2 era. Last month it was leaked by Kotaku that the project of the SuperNatural studio Founded in 2020 by Steve Rechtschaffner and Larry LaPierre, the creators of SSX, who were working on a project called "Project Gravity" which would be the spiritual successor to SSX and It would be published by 2K, since the entire project was canceled because 2K withdrew from the project, since it would be the one who could provide the money to finance the project where everything seems to have been canceled.

https://kotaku.com/ssx-spiritual-successor-lost-publisher-1851251879

But don't worry, we have "Tricky Madness" in development, you have a demo on the official website to try the game on PC and on Steam you can add it to your wish list, there is still a lot of work to do, so it has some bug to fix.
There is a link to the official website where you have the link to the demo, and the links to the Tricky Madness social networks such as Discord, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube.

https://trickymadness.com/

There is a small preview of the Mercury map, inspired by Metro City from SSX.

If you have experience as a developer, designer, etc. You can contact Nathan Dearth on Discord, and help with the project.

I forgot to comment above that the game will also come to consoles, since the only confirmed date is the 4th quarter of 2025 for PC on Steam, I suppose that for consoles it will arrive on that date or a little later.

• fire
Reactions: Nym

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

headbob-bob.gif

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Will these games likely be "not PS" exclusive rather than just XB?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around MS's current moves. Making TFB independent and then licencing-out the IP could have been a regular exclusive game deal with no need to own them originally. ABK purchase was as much an IP/royalty grab as it was any other factor.

Edit: Oh shit, wrong thread. Mods halp lol

Last edited:

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
This seems like one of those things where the original director emerges from the woods where he lived for the past 20 years and makes a kickstarter video telling people he can make another game just like this outside of the big publisher system with your backing.