Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Eh, it's not like any of the games would make me buy an Xbox in any case. One or two I'd pick up on PlayStation if they were ported at some point.... Maybe.

I'm not too fussed.

They are on the path and there is no reverse now.
I’m fussed. I want the xbots to melt even more than they are right now.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
So is Xbox going third party, or is this just Microsoft blowing smoke up everyone’s ass?

Maybe some of the more severe rumors were put out there so that anything less than going fully multiplatform immediately can be spun as some kind of win.
I think that some decisions are not final yet.... Or they are so disorganized that even on the inside all sorts of rumors are making the rounds.

Add the influencers that try to get clicks out of surprising information.

Reactions: Diah and PS_ROCKS

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If the rumours were false they'd have said more than what Phil tweeted & wouldn't be waiting an entire week for clarification while there userbase is left wondering where they stand ...
Yeah, Phil and co. would have squashed the rumors already and if their plan was still the same case by case basis that he talked about back when they acquired Bethesda he would have said so in a tweet as soon as these rumors hit. A business update about the future of Xbox isn't held just to say this is a nothing burger. Now, I can see them not turning full blown Sega in this business update. They might present themselves as a half Sega depending on whether they will hold back announcing everything that will go multiplat. There's gonna be PR spin to reassure their fanbase like saying they still committed to hardware. I can see them attempting to present this business update as being a "less depressing throw in the white towel version" of Phil's interview with Kinda Funny.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Someone told him to shut his mouth its so obvious
The discord leak on gaf is the real deal so far
It's like they still want to be in the scoop/leak game but they don't want to be blacklisted and banish to the shadow realm so they're doing free PR for Microsoft on the side.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
Found a pretty nice rebuttal to the folks claiming that Phil's silence on the rumors isn't unusual.

Yeah anyone who has followed how Phil has addressed practically any PR situation before this during his Xbox leadership tenure understands this, especially the Xbox zealots that have hung off his every word who are still in denial.

I honestly think Timdog needs a wellness check.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Personally I believe there is a full-blown civil war over there. Mommy-credit-card probably got caught off guard, so now division are fighting the top brass, which decided based on shareholders inputs.

Shade of Sega America vs Europe vs Japan

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Personally I believe there is a full-blown civil war over there. Mommy-credit-card probably got caught off guard, so now division are fighting the top brass, which decided based on shareholders inputs.

Shade of Sega America vs Europe vs Japan

Oh yeah, there's definitely something along those lines happening.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Say1nMan