Indiana Jones by MachineGames Officially Revealed | Xbox Direct 2024 |UP| IGN article why dev decided to go 1st person.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's not about being extremely politically correct at all IMO. I'm not "politically correct" and I don't think things need to be sanitized or bland. But saying games suck because the people making them belong to some group (and that goes for any group) is just plain ol' ridiculous.
Tbh the post itself is whatever but imo a mod shouldn't be making that comment... use an alt to express something like that. You don't want mods to appear biased over something that can be construed as political

Reactions: Papacheeks

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

THIS! This right here sums up how I view the discourse around Indiana Jones going 1st person as an effective way of standing out among Uncharted and Tomb Raider.

Crazy how the franchise that inspired both Tomb Raider and Uncharted is now apparently gonna be viewed as doppleganger for simply staying true to Itself.

Online fanboy discourse will be the undoing of gaming.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Didn't i say that too? :D
I actually don't think Indiana Jones need to be in 1st person to be unique among Uncharted and Tomb Raider. How Indy fight and his lack of using guns and only his whip is already enough to be unique which is what Slomo is saying in his tweet. Lol.

• party
Reactions: Kx11

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Crazy how the franchise that inspired both Tomb Raider and Uncharted is now apparently gonna be viewed as doppleganger for simply staying true to Itself.

Online fanboy discourse will be the undoing of gaming.
The IP and concept is original, but the gaming implementation is what's in question.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's not about being extremely politically correct at all IMO. I'm not "politically correct" and I don't think things need to be sanitized or bland. But saying games suck because the people making them belong to some group (and that goes for any group) is just plain ol' ridiculous.
I didn't read it that way.

I understand you guys want to be an allies but it feels like being offended on behalf of invisible people who are not posting, participating or reading this place 🤷‍♂️

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I didn't read it that way.

I understand you guys want to be an allies but it feels like being offended on behalf of invisible people who are not posting, participating or reading this place 🤷‍♂️
Exactly tht post wasn't even mine but I responded to it and I'm glad you didn't read it tht way bcus thts not how it was meant. My response had to do with a bigger picture..

feiozzo

18 Jan 2024
new xbox FPW (first person whipper) looking fire

Imagem-do-Whats-App-de-2024-01-19-s-17-27-00-b06ccb92.jpg

Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
new xbox FPW (first person whipper) looking fire

Imagem-do-Whats-App-de-2024-01-19-s-17-27-00-b06ccb92.jpg
Probably too expensive to get Harrison to do the voiceover (and his voice is too old probably anyway). Would have been cool if they could have computer generated his voice in it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Probably too expensive to get Harrison to do the voiceover (and his voice is too old probably anyway). Would have been cool if they could have computer generated his voice in it.
Harrison Ford voice on the prologue set in the '40 of "IJ and the Dial of Destiny" it's pretty damn uncanny valley, so I think it is better to have a age appropriate actor for the role

• Heart
Reactions: KvallyX

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Old Indiana Jones would work ten times better in a videogame, they should’ve made him old and have Harrison Ford doing the voice.

Reactions: Gamernyc78