Insider Gaming: Call of Duty to Embrace Open World Campaigns in Black Ops Gulf War and Beyond

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
black-ops-1.jpg

This year, Call of Duty is set to embrace an open-world campaign in Black Ops Gulf War, Insider Gaming has learned.

Call of Duty to Embrace Open World Campaigns in Black Ops Gulf War and Beyond

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Is an open world campaign not more art asset and more "base" work to do?
Considering the layoffs and the general pace that the franchise has to go through to be a yearly game, seems ill advised.

The tidbit about the 2025 game's not yet having a proper direction is also eyebrow raising if true. But then again, I don't have a grasp on how fast these things can come together when it comes to CoD as I don't follow the series that closely.

I mean, I'm fairly sure the last CoD I played was Call of Duty 2 in 2005 which I rented at a video rental store.
Remember those? Man... Different times.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
No one likes that shit, but it’s cheap to flip Warzone tech in 10 different ways

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'd be interested in COD for the first time then. But only if they take inspirations from the right sources like Crysis and the first 2 far cry games.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I'd be interested in COD for the first time then. But only if they take inspirations from the right sources like Crysis and the first 2 far cry games.
You should definitivelly give'm a go, COD games usually get a bad rep for no reason, they are pretty great shooters and have some of the coolest single player campaigns in FPS history, not all of them tho, some are actually crap, mainly Modern Warfare 3, black ops 3 and Ghosts