Insider reiterates that the Gravity Rush 2 Remastered is still coming to PS5 and PC |UP| Gravity Rush 2 Remastered coming to PS5 this summer

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

imagick_convert.php

This guy previously leaked some Gravity Rush related stuff (most recently - the movie starting production, and later leaked that it was going to be shown on CES).

He was rambling about the Remaster coming for almost a year now, but he shared some additional information on the Team Alua Gravity Rush Discord server:

- "Expect some news in May",
- "If everything goes along with the schedule, then it's going to be a late summer release",
- "it's also coming to PC at a later date",
- "GR2R will have a proper photo mode, at least they are testing it",
- One of his friends is a playtester testing the game, ("Maybe he will post some screenshots when he gets too drunk again"),
- "as far as I know, they cut out the online stuff like dusty tokens. You just get the online content via a new short side quest".

Source: https://discord.gg/BAXpSzjJ (the discord)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wish they didn't shut down japan studio
They didn't.

They restructured it, rebranded it and gave their 2nd party publishing team their own office, as did before in the EU and NA XDEV team.

Wasn't there news about the franchise getting a film?
Yes, they are working on it. So I assume at some point they may make a remastered collection for PS5 and PC on time with the adaptation to see if it sells something.

To remaster GR2 only and not GR1 doesn't make sense, I think it's a stupid idea. It would be like when they remastered/ported to PC Uncharted 4+Uncharted without heteroxesal white male protagonist, didn't work well for the new players because they needed to start from the first chapter.

In any case, I find dumb to call "remasters" games released for PS4 and barely tweaked. I'd just give them a PS5 SKU with the same improvements they add for the "remasters" and offer the $10 upgrade.

I assume they just call them "remasters" due to marketing reasons and to make them feel less old for when releasing the PC port.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuzon

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
They didn't.

They restructured it, rebranded it and gave their 2nd party publishing team their own office, as did before in the EU and NA XDEV team.

Project Siren and Team Ico are gone though, Project Siren is rhe one that worked on Gravity Rush.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Project Siren and Team Ico are gone though, Project Siren is rhe one that worked on Gravity Rush.
No.

These are names for internal Japan Studio teams, as were Team Asobi or Team Gravity (Team Gravity members had many people from the Project Siren team). They weren't really separated teams, workers moved from a project to another as needed.

You can go to check the game credits of the Astro games, or the LinkedIn CV of the people currently in Team Asobi (even if since LinkedIn isn't popular in Japan many people from Japanese studios aren't there).

You'll see that Team Asobi has people who worked in all Team Ico games, Project Siren/Team Gravity, Puppeteer, Locoroco, Knack games and many other ones. Basically most of the internally developed Japan Studio ones in the most recent decades.

What they did with the restructuring was to fire the less productive people, particularly the bosses who weren't able to release a single successful game in decades and created several money pits. They put instead the head of Team Asobi in charge and merged all their interal development team. And gave them other office in the building where they are growing.

They moved the 2nd party publishing team they had inside Japan Studio to another office of the building where they have been growing because now they cover the Sony 2nd party developments in the entire Asia, not only Japan. They are also growing. And as happened in the EU and NA XDEV teams before when they got their own office, no longer report to a local gamedev team but instead are part of the global XDEV team. After releasing Death Stranding DC they are working on Death Stranding 2, Rise of the Ronin, Stellar Blade, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, etc.

Last edited:

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
These are names for internal Japan Studio teams, as were Team Asobi or Team Gravity. They weren't really separated teams, workers moved from a project to another as needed.

You can go to check the game credits of the Astro games, or the LinkedIn CV of the people currently in Team Asobi (even if since LinkedIn isn't popular in Japan many people from Japanese studios aren't there).

You'll see that Team Asobi has people who worked in all Team Ico games, Project Siren/Team Gravity, Puppeteer, Locoroco, Knack games and many other ones. Basically most of the internally developed Japan Studio ones in the most recent decades.

Hopefully we get a Gravity Daze/Rush 3 than. I'm one of the few people that really enjoyed the series.

It had a lot of potential, I liked the horror elements you when you went tints thr underground world.

If the game had an Infamous second son style combat system with the gravity ability. It would be top tier

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Gravity Rush 2 was ahead of its time. I'd be here for it.

Shutting Down Japan Studios is something they'll take awhile to recover from in the foreseeable future

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They didn't.

People keep saying this.
But I dont see the constant games they released like in the older generations. Smaller or bigger games.

And despite alot of staff still helping PS studios in different roles, they still lost key directors and producers and staff.

The Last Guardian took time because the PS3 tech was not easy to work with for his vision. He made amazing games, they should of kept him on. Same as Toyama.

Id prefer if they just made those old games instead of just focusing on Astrobot.

They Produce/help with Bloodborne while releasing a bunch of stuff. There work rate was better before

Id rather have Team Gravity, Team Ico and the others still making games instead of Asobi taking 4+ years to produce a platformer....

It was another stupid mistake by Jim
And Herman and nothing to show for it

Last edited:
Reactions: Danja1187

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
People keep saying this.
Because it's the reality, Hermen said it and can be double checked in the game credits or LinkedIn.

But I dont see the constant games they released like in the older generations. Smaller or bigger games.
During/before the Astro development they were also working on different mobile games that got cancelled when they decided to restructure the studio.

Team Asobi is working on a main game, an action plattformer with humor bigger than the Astro games plus multiple prototypes researching the possibilities of upcoming hardware while growing the studio.

Astro was released barely 3 years and something. Now they focus their Japanese 2nd party publishing on big games. Regarding the small games that in the past they did publish, now are supported via PlayStation Indies in some cases. But the rest now self publish (getting 100% of the revenue) and in multiple platforms (more revenue they need to self fund games) and keep their IPs, which is better than the deal they had before.

For Sony it's also more profitable the current approach since with the same money they can support way more games spending way less in each supported indie, which means way less risk, more catalog niches covered and more chances to see success from one of the invested projects.

And despite alot of staff still helping PS studios in different roles, they still lost key directors and producers and staff.
Yes, several people including directors and producers left, were fired or retired.

Id rather have Team Gravity, Team Ico and the others still making games instead of Asobi taking 4 years to produce a platformer....
They weren't separated teams. Team Asobi has (and had) part of the Team Gravity and Team Ico members.

The opposite, it's something they had to do decades ago.

It was a good idea to cancel the mobile games other people put them to make, to change the management and get the best from their teams cleaning the studio after four decades of not being able to release any hit and from this helping them to grow.

Same goes with separating the 2nd party team. Internal development team now will be able to focus on internal development projects, which is what they want to do. And 2nd party will work, collaborate and share knowledge and expertise with their other 2nd party teams instead of competing against them. And won't need to report to the local internal development team, they will be their own team in a new office where they also have been growing.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
People keep saying this.

The Last Guardian took time because the PS3 tech was not easy to work with for his vision. He made amazing games, they should of kept him on. Same as Toyama.

Id prefer if they just made those old games instead of just focusing on Astrobot.

They Produce/help with Bloodborne while releasing a bunch of stuff. There work rate was better before

Id rather have Team Gravity, Team Ico and the others still making games instead of Asobi taking 4+ years to produce a platformer....

I really wish they made a new SOTC game instead of the last guardian, SOTC was really their magnum opus.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If this remaster is indeed happening then the folks who keep asking PS to return to these types of games better show up and support it. A segment of the gaming community always be talking about how the industry should put out more indies and AA games rather than over flooding the market with AAA but when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is they don't buy the games when it matters.

Reactions: kuzon and Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I really wish they made a new SOTC game instead of the last guardian, SOTC was really their magnum opus.
I loved both but SOTC really could get a sequel. No reason why Sony cant make it happen with Ueda again.

But sometimes Sony act like they are the only ones who dont make mistakes and there shit dont stink, so will probably not happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Because it's the reality, Hermen said it and can be double checked in the game credits or LinkedIn.
They weren't separated teams. Team Asobi has (and had) part of the Team Gravity and Team Ico members.

The output has not been the same. Having different directors helped create multiple games at the same time.

They were making multiple games, last gen, and before at the same time. Bloodborne, Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2 and the smaller games. Its better to have more games, than all in one studio that hasnt actually produced anything this gen. They can do AA games and its not like Astrobot is AAA.

During/before the Astro development they were also working on different mobile games that got cancelled when they decided to restructure the studio.
Who’s decision was it for them to work on different mobile games. A blunder for sure. Hermen? Jim? Whoever it is, its a mistake because nothing has come from it.

Team Asobi is working on a main game, an action plattformer with humor bigger than the Astro games plus multiple prototypes researching the possibilities of upcoming hardware while growing the studio.

TBH, Im not sure even if Asobi is making it. Maybe Asobi is working on something else? I cant talk about it lol.

I love Astrobot and the work the team did, but they just need to make games. Adding humour shouldnt take them longer and they need to focus on console games, not mobile or researching prototypes, nothing comes from these tech things. Look at london studios that has been working on smaller tech things since EyeToy, Vr etc, kicked to the curb.

Astro was released barely 3 years and something.

Its gonna be 4 years in 6 months.

It was a good idea to cancel the mobile games other people put them to make, to change the management and get the best from their teams cleaning the studio after four decades of not being able to release any hit and from this helping them to grow.
Who’s putting them in charge of mobile games and stuff in the first place?

I dont know, I consider SOTN decent selling, it got a platinum and probably sold over 1million at least. And was amazing game, reviewed better than 90% of games. ICO also reviewed well. Both scoring above 91 on reviews.

Id rather have Ico and SOTN over something that sold millions like Days Gone.
Yes Days Gone sold huge amounts but I think the market has changed for PS games. Days Gone sold more than God of War use to, doesnt mean its a better hit.
Outside of Gran Turismo, nothing sold close to 10million in the old days. God of War and Jak and Daxter had similar numbers 4 million, and look at what God of War does now. All Sony games are selling close to and above 10million now.

Titles like Parapper, Everybodys Golf, Dark Cloud, Wild Arms, Ico, Gravity Rush were all good games. They deserve more

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If this remaster is indeed happening then the folks who keep asking PS to return to these types of games better show up and support it. A segment of the gaming community always be talking about how the industry should put out more indies and AA games rather than over flooding the market with AAA but when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is they don't buy the games when it matters.
Well I bought the last games, and SOTC every time. Everybody’s Golf, LocoRoco etc.
Ill be there again

Reactions: kuzon