Insomniac are poised to define This Generation, and we are not ready!

P

peter42O

Insomniac Games is Sony's best first party studio in my opinion and my favorite. Loved Ratchet 2016, Spider Man 2018, Miles Morales and Rift Apart. They're 4/4 for me thus far. Spider Man 2 and Wolverine should be no exception. Once 2024 ends and barring delays, Insomniac would have released four major titles in 50 months where as some of Sony's studios still haven't released a game yet. Insomniac is simply on another level. High quality and extremely efficient.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
And I beat Spider-Man 1, played MM and didn’t even finish. It’s like a 6 hour game that felt like rehashed DLC. I loved the old Spider-Man games, but the novelty has worn off. Now they’re just milking it.

Sure you did buddy.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I'm hoping for them to finally do a gameplay reveal of wolverine, I want the story to be like Logan and R rated

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Well halo sucks. But it at least is a much bigger experience. There’s SP, MP, Co-op, forge. Why not a MP mode for Spider-Man where one team is the villains, the other are spidermen? Or some type of co op. The same 15 hour single player is the same reason it’s never considered for GOTY. There’s just nothing special about it. And I beat Spider-Man 1, played MM and didn’t even finish. It’s like a 6 hour game that felt like rehashed DLC. I loved the old Spider-Man games, but the novelty has worn off. Now they’re just milking it.
You have awful ideas.

OP
OP
WoolleyGamer

WoolleyGamer

WoolleyGamer
Content Creator
27 Jun 2022
youtube.com
If they actually increase the swinging speed that would be fantastic, the first game felt like playing with training wheels and a speed limiter on compared to some of the previous spidey games. I'm not holding my breath but I would like to see basic/advanced swinging options, basic being like the first game where there appeared to be a heavy amount of assisting going on as well as a slower top speed and no boosting. I used to play the absolute crap out of Spiderman 2 and Web of Shadows because they had swing mechanics with a higher skill ceiling, I really enjoyed playing Insomniac's game but found it boring to swing around after beating the game.
I have had many a rant about just how groundbreaking spiderman 2 on ps2 from 2004 is, and how it is still more advanced than even Insomniacs games. Webs had real physics. They attached to buildings not as textures but as real ropes. They shortened around building corners ans caught lampposts and trees. Angle yourself right, you thread could catch ams spin you around a lamppost, allowing you to release and either go catapulting, flying backwards or straight into the ground.

It is still my fave spiderman game and I would love for insomniac to steer away from the feux flying disguised as swinging that they have currently, and use a physics based model like spiderman 2 in their upcoming game. You're speaking to my heart here brother! Facts!!! 👊🏼❤️🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
I have had many a rant about just how groundbreaking spiderman 2 on ps2 from 2004 is, and how it is still more advanced than even Insomniacs games. Webs had real physics. They attached to buildings not as textures but as real ropes. They shortened around building corners ans caught lampposts and trees. Angle yourself right, you thread could catch ams spin you around a lamppost, allowing you to release and either go catapulting, flying backwards or straight into the ground.

It is still my fave spiderman game and I would love for insomniac to steer away from the feux flying disguised as swinging that they have currently, and use a physics based model like spiderman 2 in their upcoming game. You're speaking to my heart here brother! Facts!!! 👊🏼❤️🔥🔥🔥
Those games were the SHIT! I mean if they come out with the same game today, which they’ve tried.. well, it’s already been played. I want something new. A new reason to get excited for these games, if they have to make them.. they need to introduce multiplayer somehow.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
They aren’t tied to source material. If the games are fun, they’re fun. Introduce a 4 player co op mode, 4x enemies…game over. Best game ever. But we need sooooome innovation. The loop is old now. You’d have to be retarded, or on your first round of Spider-Man games, to disagree.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im waiting for them to reach that Naughty Dog/ Santa Monica level.
There work rate, polish and overall production is amazing.

But waiting for that X factor from them. Spiderman gameplay and everything is great but it needs something special. Either in story telling, missions/side missions or extra attention to detail etc. Ratchet looks amazing and is fun, loved how they expanded the game in the last Ratchet and Clank but hasn‘t evolved too much in gunplay/melee gameplay since PS3.

TBH not many studios do bring that special Xfactor. I only see it from ND, Santa Monica, Rockstar, Miyazaki, Kojima. And sometimes House Marque when it comes to pure gameplay. Other studios do it but not consistently

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
The last game Insomniac released was a R&C game. They already announced Wolverine coming after SM2. And people are here trying to gaslight others into thinking Insomniac are somehow stuck as a Spider-Man factory ROFL

Sony isn't Microsoft

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022

I'm a bit more partial to the particulars of the Web of Shadows swing system, but SM2 was pretty amazing as well, the first game to really get it right. It's just a shame I can't really play it today, I tried to hook up my PS2 a few years ago to play it, and I couldn't stomach the visuals anymore lol. Web of Shadows still holds up I find though.

I miss the wall riding so much, you could launch yourself into a wall at mach 10 and you could slide across the surface while charging a wall jump, the traversal mechanics are just so much more versatile in those games, I get why Insomniac wanted to round the edges a bit and make it easy for people to not screw up traversal, but they severely limited the ability for creative swinging.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This dude is a fucking idiot. Stop falling for his bullshit trolling.

Funny, rehash criticisms coming from an ntard.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Alabtrosmyster